Wolves telling teams they'll take Kanter
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,780
Representing:
Default Wolves telling teams they'll take Kanter

The Wolves are telling other teams that they will take Enes Kanter instead of Derrick Williams, according to reports from both Chad Ford and Jonathan Givony.

Minnesota has been actively shopping the second overall pick for several weeks.



Read more: Wolves Begin Telling Teams They Will Select Kanter - RealGM Wiretap
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,517
Representing:
Default

Hm. So the draft board will look like:

1. CLE- Irving
2. MIN- Kanter
3. UTA- Williams

Will be seriously pissed if Utah stills chooses Knight at 3, and Cleveland gets Williams at 4.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,033
Representing:
Default

i'm starting to get excited
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,517
Representing:
Default

There's still a chance Minny gets a trade for the 2nd pick.

I read elsewhere that they turned down a Lakers offer of Lamar Odom. I know he's old, but that's a nice piece to offer.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Default

Odom for the #2 pick is a steal for the Lakers. Odom's best days are way, way behind him and he's no more than a role player at this stage in his career. Minnesota was right to reject such an offer.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

smokescreen
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,033
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Odom for the #2 pick is a steal for the Lakers. Odom's best days are way, way behind him and he's no more than a role player at this stage in his career.
Did you not see him play last season? And to say his days are "WAY WAY" behind is a major exaggeration, he's only 31. What's with people writing off players as soon as they hit 30 these days? It's insane. He averaged 15/9 this season while shooting 53FG%, 38 3PT%. He's far from done imo.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Odom is too concentrated on his LA life with his TV show and his Kardashian
the guy has been in LA his whole career.... don't know if he would want to leave
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Did you not see him play last season? And to say his days are "WAY WAY" behind is a major exaggeration, he's only 31. What's with people writing off players as soon as they hit 30 these days? It's insane. He averaged 15/9 this season while shooting 53FG%, 38 3PT%. He's far from done imo.
Odom isn't worth the #2 overall pick. He's not a lead player on any team, but a role player. He's shown that throughout his career - better as a complementary player than one to carry a team. He also had a terrible playoff and, like the rest of the Lakers, looked disinterested.

In addition, where would he play in Minnesota? The T-Wolves already have Beasley and Love at the SF and PF positions, respectively. The offer doesn't make any sense for Minnesota.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,033
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Odom isn't worth the #2 overall pick. He's not a lead player on any team, but a role player. He's shown that throughout his career - better as a complementary player than one to carry a team. He also had a terrible playoff and, like the rest of the Lakers, looked disinterested.

In addition, where would he play in Minnesota? The T-Wolves already have Beasley and Love at the SF and PF positions, respectively. The offer doesn't make any sense for Minnesota.
Beasley is apparently on the block (rumour)
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24