Who's the Better PG at 5? - Page 2

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Draft Forum

View Poll Results: Who's better?
Kemba Walker 12 35.29%
Brandon Knight 22 64.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Can't believe the votes... 4 - 15 REALLY? Kemba dominates Knight in every single category, even defense. When they played against each other Kemba took over the game and completely shut down Knight. I don't see anything in Knight, he is a poor mans Jrue Holiday. Watching Kemba play is like magic, he is an amazing basketball player.

I don't know why people think Knight is some kind of shut down defensive player, Kemba torched him every game they played.
the censensus mock draft has knight higher than walker as well. so this result isn't shocking

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...aft/index.html

unless u know something these scouts don't know?
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
the censensus mock draft has knight higher than walker as well. so this result isn't shocking

Consensus Mock Draft: Top two are clear, but after that ... | NBA.com

unless u know something these scouts don't know?
Not everyone says Knight > Kemba. Please tell me what is so good about Knight? Kemba can do anything he does 100x better.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Not everyone says Knight > Kemba. Please tell me what is so good about Knight? Kemba can do anything he does 100x better.
i didn't say everyone says knight > kemba. hence a consensus.....

and i don't want to get into who's better with you, cuz thats just gonna be frustrating in the end for me

its MY opinion that knight is a better and its MY opinion that he's a better fit for the Raptors than walker. looking at the consensus mock draft, it also proves that what the majority thinks as well

Last edited by powerfulpanda; 05-19-2011 at 06:38 PM.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
i didn't say everyone says knight > kemba. hence a consensus.....

and i don't want to get into who's better with you, cuz thats just gonna be frustrating in the end for me

its MY opinion that knight is a better and its MY opinion that he's a better fit for the Raptors than walker. looking at the consensus mock draft, it also suggest that's the consensus as well
Ok but why do you think he is better? You must be delusional to think Knight is a better player.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,575
Representing:
Default

For the record, I don't think one of the two is significantly better than the other. They have slight different skill sets, but I think Knight's fit this team better. His defense and ability to knock down the long jumper fits some needs of this team.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Ok but why do you think he is better? You must be delusional to think Knight is a better player.
ya sensemaker3000 here....
just because someone thinks differently then u, they're dilusional right?
LOL....coming from some on who has a reputation of a troll
and add to the fact that ur in the MINORITY here son
keep talking outta ass
hmmm lets review some of don vito's claims:
james johnson > artest
ed davis now> chris Bosh now

i'm sorry, who's dilusional?

Last edited by powerfulpanda; 05-19-2011 at 06:48 PM.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

i don't think there's a doubt that kemba is the better player right now. there wasn't many better than him last season.

the reason knight is looked at in a higher regard is because his body, age, skill and poise. kemba wasn't nearly the freshmen knight was and there's no indication that he has peaked either. you'd be delusional to think otherwise.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
ya sensemaker3000 here....
just because someone thinks differently then u, they're dilusional right?
LOL....coming from some on who has a reputation of a troll
and add to the fact that ur in the MINORITY here son
keep talking outta ass
hmmm lets review some of don vito's claims:
james johnson > artest
ed davis now> chris Bosh now

i'm sorry, who's dilusional?
Way to dodge the question mister powerful panda. Artest is more useless than Adam Morrison, what has he done to the Lakers team? Nothing. They'd be a way better team with Ariza. Artest is a washed up piece of shit with anger management, he won't bring this team anywhere. Let me remind you we are talking about the draft, so it looks like you're the one talking outta your ass.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i don't think there's a doubt that kemba is the better player right now. there wasn't many better than him last season.

the reason knight is looked at in a higher regard is because his body, age, skill and poise. kemba wasn't nearly the freshmen knight was and there's no indication that he has peaked either. you'd be delusional to think otherwise.
Age? Really? You do realize Kemba is one year older right? One year doesn't mean shit. If there is Brian Scalabrine at 19 and Lebron at 20, would you say Brian is looked at a higher regard because of his age? Fuck no, age doesn't mean shit especially if its one year. The reason why Knight is a freshman is because he was too dumb to finish high school on time. Kemba played 3 years of college because he graduated on time.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,521
Representing:
Default

Where's the Jimmer option?
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Way to dodge the question mister powerful panda. Artest is more useless than Adam Morrison, what has he done to the Lakers team? Nothing. They'd be a way better team with Ariza. Artest is a washed up piece of shit with anger management, he won't bring this team anywhere. Let me remind you we are talking about the draft, so it looks like you're the one talking outta your ass.
why i think knight is better then kemba? whats the point of answering the question? ur not gonna be convinced regardless. could it be possible by answering the question u would switch sides and actually agree knight is better?
no way, not for you
you already made up ur mind and don't take into account what anyone else thinks

knight > walker because of potential
and judging potential is an opinion
happy?
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
why i think knight is better then kemba? whats the point of answering the question? ur not gonna be convinced regardless. could it be possible by answering the question u would switch sides and actually agree knight is better?
no way, not for you
you already made up ur mind and don't take into account what anyone else thinks

knight > walker because of potential
and judging potential is an opinion
happy?
Potential? I'm sick of hearing potential all the time. Are you referring to potential because of age? Read my above post.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Age? Really? You do realize Kemba is one year older right? One year doesn't mean shit. If there is Brian Scalabrine at 19 and Lebron at 20, would you say Brian is looked at a higher regard because of his age? Fuck no, age doesn't mean shit especially if its one year. The reason why Knight is a freshman is because he was too dumb to finish high school on time. Kemba played 3 years of college because he graduated on time.
Quote:
Knight has a 4.3 grade-point average at Pine Crest, and his mother recently said he's on pace to graduate from high school with all A's for his entire academic career.

Read more: Calipari starts reloading with two prize recruits | University of Kentucky Sports News | Lexington Herald-Leader
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
Cool but that still doesn't erase the fact he is a year behind.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,521
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
Funky: 1

Don Vito: 0

Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

no, but it solidifies that you don't have a clue on anything you talk about. seriously, i'll that i've seen you spread on here is stupidness. are you a troll from some other board? it's the only legitimate reason for someone so arrogant and not know a thing they're talking about.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,521
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
no, but it solidifies that you don't have a clue on anything you talk about. seriously, i'll that i've seen you spread on here is stupidness. are you a troll from some other board? it's the only legitimate reason for someone so arrogant and not know a thing they're talking about.
Funky: 2

Don Vito: 0

Step your game up, Don.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
no, but it solidifies that you don't have a clue on anything you talk about. seriously, i'll that i've seen you spread on here is stupidness. are you a troll from some other board? it's the only legitimate reason for someone so arrogant and not know a thing they're talking about.
Do you have an explanation on why Knight is a year behind? Yeah, didn't think so. All you can do is get quotes about his grade point average which I don't think anyone really cares about.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,272
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Age? Really? You do realize Kemba is one year older right? .
No, it's more like 16-20 months, which, in the context of the American amateur sports context, is just as important as 2 years worth of develoment. In the United States, September is the cut-off for schooling, not Dec. 31, like in Canada. You get access to playing against older players earlier if you're born before September, since you enter JH earlier, HS earlier, then College earlier. Knight is 2 years behind Kemba for that reason.

This speaks to Funk's point about Knight's potential. When you look at Kemba right now, you're looking at a player who is closer to his ceiling than Knight.

Who knows? Maybe Kemba turns out to be a better player. But there is good reason to think Knight will be better, because he probably has a higher ceiling. And that's aside from the skill-set point that Js12 made, which i also think is valid.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 05-19-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,144
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Do you have an explanation on why Knight is a year behind? Yeah, didn't think so. All you can do is get quotes about his grade point average which I don't think anyone really cares about.
Funky: 3

Don Vito: 0
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24