Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f50/)
-   -   Look at possible picks (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f50/look-possible-picks-26339.html)

LOG 01-11-2014 07:25 PM

Look at possible picks
 
Made is thread assuming that we are not going to trade our pick. These are some more interesting picks around our range imo. Feel free to add more!


Glenn Robinson III Preseason Scouting Video - YouTube

Spencer Dinwiddie Preseason Scouting Report - YouTube

Wayne Selden - 2013 McDonald's All-American Game - Interview & Practice Highlights - YouTube

DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Clint Capela, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

DuCa00795 01-12-2014 04:07 PM

I would honestly like to see us try and get Tyler Ennis with the first round pick. We would be a solid back up PG and learn a lot from Lowry IMO. We would also have reason not to bring Vasquez back.

Glenn Robinson the 3rd would be a nice pick if he dropped to us as well.

As for our second rounders, I think it would be awesome if we took a chance on Marshall Henderson. I love watching that guy play in the NCAA. Though realistically, I don't think it would happen, it would be interesting.

A serious player who I would give a look at in the second round is Nik Stauskas. He is Canadian, and I think we will be a solid role player in the NBA.

Napier or Russ Smith would also be solid pick ups in the second round as well. They have both played for good programs (Smith won the championship) and would be disciplined enough to help the team win, opposed to rebuilding.

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 01-13-2014 12:31 AM

I don't know about Glenn Robinson III. He has not really impressed me at Michigan. Very athletic and great size but that is all he has going for him now. Worth a gamble for sure mid first for sure but I was hoping he would be better already on the offense side of the ball.

Claudius 01-13-2014 09:59 AM

Personally, I'd like to move up just a bit and take Zack LaVine. Kid is the real deal and I don't think enough people watch him because he's at UCLA.

If I'm thinking about mid-tier picks I'd look at:

Dario Saric
TJ Warren
Kyle Anderson
Doug McDermott (love his play at Creighton, reminds me a bit of Gordon Hayward)

Not too sure about 2nd rounders yet....

LOG 01-15-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 854379)
Personally, I'd like to move up just a bit and take Zack LaVine. Kid is the real deal and I don't think enough people watch him because he's at UCLA.

If I'm thinking about mid-tier picks I'd look at:

Dario Saric
TJ Warren
Kyle Anderson
Doug McDermott (love his play at Creighton, reminds me a bit of Gordon Hayward)

Not too sure about 2nd rounders yet....

Yup agree for the most part, McDermott and Saric are nice, but they will most likely be out of our range.

Not sure about Warren, don't think he is athletic enough and defense is questionable too. But I haven't seen enough of him, I could be wrong

Move up? Anderson and LaVine are second rounders on draftexpress for now, would be very interesting prospects.

KoolAid 01-15-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 854379)
Personally, I'd like to move up just a bit and take Zack LaVine. Kid is the real deal and I don't think enough people watch him because he's at UCLA.

If I'm thinking about mid-tier picks I'd look at:

Dario Saric
TJ Warren
Kyle Anderson
Doug McDermott (love his play at Creighton, reminds me a bit of Gordon Hayward)

Not too sure about 2nd rounders yet....

Zach LaVine will go top 10. He's the Curry of this draft.

Selden was also slotted to go pretty high earlier this season. If we can get him it'd be great but I think he'll stay in school.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 01-21-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 854379)
Personally, I'd like to move up just a bit and take Zack LaVine. Kid is the real deal and I don't think enough people watch him because he's at UCLA.

If I'm thinking about mid-tier picks I'd look at:

Dario Saric
TJ Warren
Kyle Anderson
Doug McDermott (love his play at Creighton, reminds me a bit of Gordon Hayward)

Not too sure about 2nd rounders yet....

He will win the woodson award but McDermott is Adam Morrison 2.0 IMO.

LaVine is the shit.

LOG 01-23-2014 07:27 PM

The more I see from LaVine the more i like him

KoolAid 01-29-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 858688)
The more I see from LaVine the more i like him

Awesome athlete, big, great range. What is there not to like?

DuCa00795 01-30-2014 03:24 PM

The only thing not to like is that I don't think he drops out of the top 10, so we have slim to no chance at picking him up lol.

Claudius 01-31-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu (Post 857699)
He will win the woodson award but McDermott is Adam Morrison 2.0 IMO.

LaVine is the shit.

Morrison, in the right draft and right situation had a shot to be more than a useful player.

He was drafted in a bad spot and way too high. McDermott, if he goes in the middle of the draft to late draft, where the expectations won't be as high, has a chance to be an average to above average player which in turn becomes an asset.

He reminds me a bit of Gordon Hayward in that respect.

I bring up LaVine as a guy who can be got because I do think that a team drafting in 8/9/10/11 (where I think he goes) might be willing to trade and I think Ujiri could try to trade for a late lottery pick there by perhaps dangling a guy like Ross plus a pick. Yeah, I'm that high on him ...

LOG 02-01-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 862044)
Morrison, in the right draft and right situation had a shot to be more than a useful player.

He was drafted in a bad spot and way too high. McDermott, if he goes in the middle of the draft to late draft, where the expectations won't be as high, has a chance to be an average to above average player which in turn becomes an asset.

He reminds me a bit of Gordon Hayward in that respect.

I bring up LaVine as a guy who can be got because I do think that a team drafting in 8/9/10/11 (where I think he goes) might be willing to trade and I think Ujiri could try to trade for a late lottery pick there by perhaps dangling a guy like Derozan plus a pick. Yeah, I'm that high on him ...

fixed

DuCa00795 02-02-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 862655)
fixed

I don't think I would dangle either. If he becomes good, we could in the future dangle DeRozan and a pick, if not then we didn't just waste our all star and a pick.

KoolAid 02-02-2014 08:14 PM

TBH I'd trade Demar for a top 10 pick straight up.

DuCa00795 02-04-2014 12:23 PM

I really hope ennis drops to us. Had a great game last night for Syracuse. Nice little article here as well:

GM Id Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now - RealGM Wiretap

Would be a nice cheap back-up who Klow could groom really well.

Rompeprop 02-04-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolAid (Post 863331)
TBH I'd trade Demar for a top 10 pick straight up.

Giving away an allstar for someone who did not play a single NBA game is not very smart move.

jeffb 02-04-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuCa00795 (Post 863837)
I really hope ennis drops to us. Had a great game last night for Syracuse. Nice little article here as well:

GM Id Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now - RealGM Wiretap

Would be a nice cheap back-up who Klow could groom really well.

I doubt he'd drop that far, if anything his stock is on the rise.

LOG 02-04-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rompeprop (Post 863885)
Giving away an allstar for someone who did not play a single NBA game is not very smart move.

That depends on how high are you on that someone, If you believe that there's superstar potential than it makes perfect sense.

KoolAid 02-08-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rompeprop (Post 863885)
Giving away an allstar for someone who did not play a single NBA game is not very smart move.

You're GM of the Raptors. It's draft night. You're offered the 1st overall pick for DeMar. Do you say no because he hasn't played an NBA game?

GolD 02-09-2014 12:21 PM

NBA Draft Prospect of the Week: Nik Stauskas

Another Lithuanian may be coming to Raptors and it is not Motiejūnas. :haha: According to DraftExpress.com, Raptors could draft Nikolas Tomas Stauskas (Nik Stauskas). DraftExpress was correct about Valanciunas back in 2011. :)

By the way, Raptors should add some yellow and green to their jerseys if this will happen. :mu:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24