Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f50/)
-   -   Jabari Parker not that good IMO (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f50/jabari-parker-not-good-imo-26297.html)

halphbreedballer 01-04-2014 04:39 PM

Jabari Parker not that good IMO
 
I am watching the Duke vs. Notre Dame game.

& to me Parker is playing like Evan Turner

& he looks out of shape. Also Duke is playing him a the 5 spot???

Thug 01-04-2014 04:43 PM

They are playing him at the 5 spot because they have no big man and Notre Dame has some huge big men on their team as you can see.

Hard to evaluate him when he's playing out of position and exerting so much energy trying to guard these big men

halphbreedballer 01-04-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thug (Post 850365)
They are playing him at the 5 spot because they have no big man and Notre Dame has some huge big men on their team as you can see.

Hard to evaluate him when he's playing out of position and exerting so much energy trying to guard these big men

Good points but I am not impressed either way.

Thug 01-04-2014 04:55 PM

I'm just wondering how Duke is gonna do in the tournament when they play against teams with big men.

halphbreedballer 01-04-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thug (Post 850372)
I'm just wondering how Duke is gonna do in the tournament when they play against teams with big men.

Really bad

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 01-04-2014 05:48 PM

How many college programs have dominate big man?

J-Bo 01-04-2014 07:28 PM

Jabari was killing it when he faced off against wiggins...better shooter, post up, passer, and about even rebounding.

Wiggins does have a lot more potential tho with all that athleticism and quickness.

Nites 01-04-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN (Post 850388)
How many college programs have dominate big man?

Kansas has a tall and lengthy front court.

Embiid is at least around 7-0 or 7-1 and when he's playing against 6-8 centers he actually looks quite dominate, Ellis is around 6-9, then you have Wiggins around 6-8.

Nites 01-04-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Bo (Post 850430)
Jabari was killing it when he faced off against wiggins...better shooter, post up, passer, and about even rebounding.

Wiggins does have a lot more potential tho with all that athleticism and quickness.

Jabari reminds me of Melo. They are about the same size and can score and rebound well. I haven't seen Jabari much on the defensive end but by looking at his numbers he looks pretty solid.

halphbreedballer 01-05-2014 12:02 AM

In a small sample size I am truly un impressed.

His defense was pretty good but his speed, dribbling skills & athletism were not showing in this game.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 01-05-2014 01:16 AM

He will be the best player out of the draft. But its not march yet.

gdaytday 01-05-2014 09:36 AM

Don't base your opinion off just that ND game. He has looked like a men against boys in most other games this year.

th3answ3r 01-05-2014 11:23 AM

He's better than wiggins

firecasey2013 01-05-2014 11:42 AM

he doesn't play defence/will be a poor mans carmelo anthony.


wiggins will pass him mightily at age 21 or so

jeffb 01-05-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firecasey2013 (Post 850583)
he doesn't play defence/will be a poor mans carmelo anthony.


wiggins will pass him mightily at age 21 or so

Wiggins looks lazy to me. Not sure he's going to be some great player tbh.

Ball Don't Lie 01-05-2014 12:30 PM

So, have you seen him in any other games, or did you base your opinion just off one game? Seems pretty ridiculous to come to a conclusion of such a small sample size, don't you think?

There's a reason why he's rated #1 by most scouts this year. He's a complete player, who can shoot, post up, create offence off the dribble, pass, rebound, block shots, and is very unselfish. The only knock on his game is defence right now, which I'm sure will be an issue for him his first few years in the NBA like most young player, but he'll figure it out because he's a very smart player.

TORaptor4Ever 01-05-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 850588)
Wiggins looks lazy to me. Not sure he's going to be some great player tbh.

I'm watching Wiggins right now (vs. SD State) and I just don't see it either. He has the body and the athleticism for sure but I can't help thinking "Marvin Williams Pt. 2".

Seems like one of those guys who could really benefit from 2 or 3 years of college.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

thought 01-05-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie (Post 850599)
So, have you seen him in any other games, or did you base your opinion just off one game? Seems pretty ridiculous to come to a conclusion of such a small sample size, don't you think?

There's a reason why he's rated #1 by most scouts this year. He's a complete player, who can shoot, post up, create offence off the dribble, pass, rebound, block shots, and is very unselfish. The only knock on his game is defence right now, which I'm sure will be an issue for him his first few years in the NBA like most young player, but he'll figure it out because he's a very smart player.

his motor or lack thereof has also been discussed and from what i've seen from wiggins it's a legitimate concern.

SoGood 01-05-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thought (Post 851157)
his motor or lack thereof has also been discussed and from what i've seen from wiggins it's a legitimate concern.

I think it's part of the Kansas system - they play team ball so he definitely won't shine and score 20+ a game like Parker.

The Kansas program has produced solid NBA players, but not sure about superstars.
Most recently, only Paul Pierce.

I actually wished that he would have went to Florida State where he could have been THE MAN and attempt to drop 30 each game.

INSIDER 01-05-2014 11:37 PM

Parker actually reminds me of Derrick Coleman to be honest. Good size, excellent offence, but lazy defence and a little slow.
Same body type too... And looks like he'll peak very early in his career. But again, this is all speculation and from what I've seen so far.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24