Zach Randolph: "I'm better than Chris Bosh" - Page 9
Old 04-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #161 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Since you say it's just about playoffs:

2011 playoffs-

Bosh- 20ppg/9rpg/1.2blks (3rd option)

Randolph- 21.5ppg/9rpg/0.6blks (main scorer since Gay went down)
The Grizzlies would of never beat the Spurs without Randolph.

The Heat would of easily beat the Sixers if Bosh wasn't there.

News flash, this is the 76ers, they are garbage.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #162 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Since you say it's just about playoffs:

2011 playoffs-

Bosh- 20ppg/9rpg/1.2blks (3rd option)

Randolph- 21.5ppg/9rpg/0.6blks (main scorer since Gay went down)
I didn't say it was just about playoffs.... wow, you're so narrow in your focus. You try to have a rebuttal for everything.

It's about playoffs, opponents, and alot of other things... some not evident by your three statistical categories.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #163 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
The Grizzlies would of never beat the Spurs without Randolph.

The Heat would of easily beat the Sixers if Bosh wasn't there.

News flash, this is the 76ers, they are garbage.
Well put.... like I said, Bosh and the Heat can prove us all wrong against the C's and whoever they play in the event that they beat Boston. I don't mind being wrong, just not sure I am at this point.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #164 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,723
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Bosh said his goal was to be MVP that one year, after the season had already started.... to me, and maybe this is where I go astray in your mind, that means he felt he had MVP talent and his goal was to show it that year.
from SLAM -LINK

Quote:
Chris Bosh has been playing out his mind this season. He’s carried his team virtually every night, while putting up silly numbers – Chris is currently the second leading scorer in the L; he’s shooting over 55% from the field; and he’s ripping down 10 boards per game.

Those are impressive, MVP-type numbers.

Bosh met with the media following the Raptors’ practice yesterday, and the normally modest forward revealed his grandiose plan to claim some hardware once the season comes to an end.

From the Toronto Sun:

“I want to get it. Plain and simple,” Bosh said. “That’s really where I’m at right now. Every game I’m trying to be an MVP-calibre player. I’ve been sharing that with my family, I haven’t shared it with you guys yet but now you know — but I came into this season saying I’m going to give it a shot.”

“I think I can get it. We need more wins of course but when I think of MVPs in the past I think of consistency. Every night they put it out there on the floor and when they need it, they put their teams on their backs. They’re valuable so that’s what I’m trying to be. A valuable asset to this team.”

Bosh may very well win an MVP, but it likely won’t be this season. And it’s not his fault. He’s certainly a good enough player to earn it, but his team won’t get the requisite wins, and there’s a guy in Cleveland playing at an even higher level (with the W’s to back it up.)

Nothing wrong with dreaming big, though.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #165 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
from SLAM -LINK
right.... he thought he could, and didn't. Hence we agree. He is a good player.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #166 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,723
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
The Grizzlies would of never beat the Spurs without Randolph.

The Heat would of easily beat the Sixers if Bosh wasn't there.

News flash, this is the 76ers, they are garbage.
So the fact that the Sixers won the one game where Bosh sucked means nothing? Or does it actually provide evidence, to further add to evidence throughout the season, that Bosh needs to play well for the Heat to succeed?

And Newsflash - the Sixers played .576 ball in the final 66 games of the season. If you take away the few meaningless games at the end of their schedule, they played at a .600+ clip. Hardly garbage.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #167 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,723
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
right.... he thought he could, and didn't. Hence we agree. He is a good player.
Nice interpretation. He wanted to try, and he did bring enough consistent production to be considered, had he been on a winning team. Now he is on a winning team, and that of course means that what he does really has little impact. Another level of double-standard. This is like a dream within a dream. You're messing with that Inception technology again right?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #168 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Nice interpretation. He wanted to try, and he did bring enough consistent production to be considered, had he been on a winning team. Now he is on a winning team, and that of course means that what he does really has little impact. Another level of double-standard. This is like a dream within a dream. You're messing with that Inception technology again right?
Lol..... I don't think he played at an MVP level for a whole season, and don't think he'll ever be a serious MVP candidate, so I'm being foolish?

You seem to think I hate Bosh, when in fact I just don't buy into him being a top 15 player. It's not a big deal really, but you're dreaming about dreaming about trying to make me have your opinion...
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #169 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Nice interpretation. He wanted to try, and he did bring enough consistent production to be considered, had he been on a winning team. Now he is on a winning team, and that of course means that what he does really has little impact. Another level of double-standard. This is like a dream within a dream. You're messing with that Inception technology again right?
Hes not MVP because he isn't the most valuable player under any circumstance. Bosh has never been an MVP candidate throughout his entire career.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #170 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Lol..... I don't think he played at an MVP level for a whole season, and don't think he'll ever be a serious MVP candidate, so I'm being foolish?

You seem to think I hate Bosh, when in fact I just don't buy into him being a top 15 player. It's not a big deal really, but you're dreaming about dreaming about trying to make me have your opinion...
He did when he was healthy. From start to finish.

24 + 11 are elite numbers for a big. Couple that with the fact that he got to line with consistency and shot the ball well (over 50%) and I'm not sure what the argument is about. He certainly would have been in the MVP talks had he had a better team around him and more wins as a result.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #171 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He did when he was healthy. From start to finish.

24 + 11 are elite numbers for a big. Couple that with the fact that he got to line with consistency and shot the ball well (over 50%) and I'm not sure what the argument is about. He certainly would have been in the MVP talks had he had a better team around him and more wins as a result.
He has a better team around him and he isn't anywhere near MVP discussions.

Oh the humanity!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #172 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He did when he was healthy. From start to finish.

24 + 11 are elite numbers for a big. Couple that with the fact that he got to line with consistency and shot the ball well (over 50%) and I'm not sure what the argument is about. He certainly would have been in the MVP talks had he had a better team around him and more wins as a result.
24 + 11 doesn't automatically make you an MVP candidate. If that was the case then guys like Blake Griffin and Kevin Love would be MVP candidates as well.

Chris Bosh is overrated. He can score the basketball, and can rebound the basketball... but he isn't a game changer, he doesn't make his teammates better, doesn't play great defense, and he has no inside presence even though he is 6'11''. That is why Bosh will never be an MVP or an MVP candidate.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #173 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,069
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Hes not MVP because he isn't the most valuable player under any circumstance. Bosh has never been an MVP candidate throughout his entire career.
His last season here he was in the top 5 candidates untiil he got hurt. I don't know if you choose to not admit this or you have a shitty memory but it was discussed here and the MVP race was posted here quite a few times. But we see what we want.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #174 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
His last season here he was in the top 5 candidates untiil he got hurt. I don't know if you choose to not admit this or you have a shitty memory but it was discussed here and the MVP race was posted here quite a few times. But we see what we want.
Way to dodge my last post just because its the truth.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #175 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
24 + 11 doesn't automatically make you an MVP candidate. If that was the case then guys like Blake Griffin and Kevin Love would be MVP candidates as well.

Chris Bosh is overrated. He can score the basketball, and can rebound the basketball... but he isn't a game changer, he doesn't make his teammates better, doesn't play great defense, and he has no inside presence even though he is 6'11''. That is why Bosh will never be an MVP or an MVP candidate.
Sorry... but I'm done with this. I can't argue with delusion.

So in the interest of saving time....

Don Vito is right. Chris Bosh sucks.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #176 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Sorry... but I'm done with this. I can't argue with delusion.

So in the interest of saving time....

Don Vito is right. Chris Bosh sucks.
It's not a dichotomous relationship. It's not delusion either, it's "Bosh is not a franchise guy" opinion. Don't get so caught up with impressing your views on others and you won't be so frustrated.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #177 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It's not a dichotomous relationship. It's not delusion either, it's "Bosh is not a franchise guy" opinion. Don't get so caught up with impressing your views on others and you won't be so frustrated.
Lol... when people fail to note their own hypocrisy it's frustrates me.

You're right though... I should just let it alone.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #178 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
24 + 11 doesn't automatically make you an MVP candidate. If that was the case then guys like Blake Griffin and Kevin Love would be MVP candidates as well.

Chris Bosh is overrated. He can score the basketball, and can rebound the basketball... but he isn't a game changer, he doesn't make his teammates better, doesn't play great defense, and he has no inside presence even though he is 6'11''. That is why Bosh will never be an MVP or an MVP candidate.
+100000000000000
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #179 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lol... when people fail to note their own hypocrisy it's frustrates me.

You're right though... I should just let it alone.
My hypocrisy? Dude, I realize I can't let it go... But you should be a better man than I. lol
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #180 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,240
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Of course he has, he's a good player. But who here this season were saying he's better then Bosh. When this was said by Randolph everyone laughed. He's been great vs an aging undersized team in the first round. But let's not lose our heads here.
Several people around here were impressed with Randolph before the playoffs even started. He started turning things around last year. If you check the year end awards thread, I picked Randolph for one of my All-NBA teams this season; that was before Memphis had even won 2 games against the Spurs. It was also a pick I'm sure Thriller would have made if he posted 3 teams.

Also, when Memphis beat Miami on their home court back in the fall (the game that Rudy Gay hit the game winning jumper), a number of people, including LX, to his credit, commented on how Randolph won the battle with Bosh. I think one person even said Bosh got fucking owned.

SOME people have been high on Randolph for a while. Just because the whole board doesn't rave about him doesn't mean a few of us weren't impressed a while ago.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toronto Sun: Shaq vs. Chris "RuPaul " Bosh Windex Toronto Raptors 28 10-28-2009 02:39 PM
The Hoop Doctors: Is Chris Bosh "For Sale"? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 5 06-27-2009 01:16 AM
Amare: "No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh" Pistol Pete Toronto Raptors 47 05-31-2009 09:29 PM
Chad Ford: "Pray to God that Chris Bosh isn't leaving." Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 2 04-07-2009 03:23 PM
Chris Bosh on CBC's "The Hour" on Feb 28th Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 21 01-31-2008 11:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24