Zach Randolph: "I'm better than Chris Bosh" - Page 15
Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #281 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,728
Representing:
Default

So hard to gauge his record with all the injuries that have beset the Raps and of course the Bosh mess. Look at Peja now. Is the speed at which BC makes moves a hindrance?
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #282 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Peja fits the Mavs perfectly.... he wouldn't have fit here nearly as well because we would've probably asked too much of him.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #283 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,222
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Peja fits the Mavs perfectly.... he wouldn't have fit here nearly as well because we would've probably asked too much of him.
with the mavs he can just spot up and shoot from passes kicked out by dirk posting up or by kidd around the perimeter
with the Raptors we would've had to dribble and create his own shot which at this point in his career its pretty difficult
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #284 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Peja might have also brought a few too many wins with no real purpose, since he wasn't in the long term plans, and didn't likely want to be here at this point in his career. Getting a higher pick was the way to go.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #285 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 10,417
Representing:
Default

just for kicks, who was the first to bring Bargnani in a trade about Bosh vs randolph? Don't fell like actually checking now, but it seems to me that most of CB's fans somehow manage to make a reference to andrea in every topic about bosh.... Would be interesting to see what a guy like Freud would make of this association
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #286 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,771
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
just for kicks, who was the first to bring Bargnani in a trade about Bosh vs randolph? Don't fell like actually checking now, but it seems to me that most of CB's fans somehow manage to make a reference to andrea in every topic about bosh.... Would be interesting to see what a guy like Freud would make of this association
LOL Haha
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #287 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

a simple search shows that Blaze brought up Bargs as the reason that Bosh had good rebounding numbers. So that's supposed to mean something?

Oh - I just recalled referring to him as the king of soft myself. But that was just to get on Carp's nerves. My point was predominantly about Zach being in a really good situation that could help a lot of players. At least I would hope Freud's bullshit analysis would interpret it as such.

And yeah - I was bottle fed.

Last edited by LX; 05-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #288 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
a simple search shows that Blaze brought up Bargs as the reason that Bosh had good rebounding numbers. So that's supposed to mean something?

Oh - I just recalled referring to him as the king of soft myself. But that was just to get on Carp's nerves. My point was predominantly about Zach being in a really good situation that could help a lot of players. At least I would hope Freud's bullshit analysis would interpret it as such.

And yeah - I was bottle fed.
Mission accomplished brah! lol.... this love-hate thing we have is magical!

I wouldn't put a freudian slip past LX when referring to the king of soft....

that's what she said?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #289 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,321
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
We all knew Brags was a 4. Everyone knew he played 4. Everyone commented the Raps already had an allstar 4. BC drafted h anyways. Many players have a set position, like their posotion and can't change their game enough to move positions. The team asked Bargs to be a rebounding back to the basket C when his game was a face up slashing PF. That's bargs' fault? Somethings wrong with this.
Please post links to all the boxscores of him playing PF before and after the draft.

The team never asked him to play his back to the basket either.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #290 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,321
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
How does that make him a good GM?

It's a GM's JOB to correct any mistakes that are made.
So now the math is Bosh is great = Bargnani sucks = GM is awful? Seriously?
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #291 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
So now the math is Bosh is great = Bargnani sucks = GM is awful? Seriously?
Not sure where you got that from but I'd say that it's closer to....

Bargs = decent offensive player... just not the right fit for this team given what we already had here (an all-star PF with a similar skillset).

And yes, I place some blame on the GM for that.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #292 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Not sure where you got that from but I'd say that it's closer to....

Bargs = decent offensive player... just not the right fit for this team given what we already had here (an all-star PF with a similar skillset).

And yes, I place some blame on the GM for that.
Love how you avoided my draft by best player available question on the previous page...

:cookie:

Last edited by Ex2k; 05-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #293 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex2k View Post
Love how you avoided my draft by best player available question on the previous page...

:cookie:
I saw it... just didn't see much point in commenting.

My position on this has been pretty clear.... I don't think that Bargs was the "clear-cut" BPA.... never have. I think that he had some skills for a 7fter that were intriguing, but I'm not sure how many other GMs would have made him the first choice.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #294 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,321
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I saw it... just didn't see much point in commenting.

My position on this has been pretty clear.... I don't think that Bargs was the "clear-cut" BPA.... never have. I think that he had some skills for a 7fter that were intriguing, but I'm not sure how many other GMs would have made him the first choice.
All of them. You ask me you've just forgotten. He was clearly number one with th eonly one close Larmarcus. Aldridge might have been picked first if someone in contention had the first pick and didn't have to draft BPA but best fit. Nobody in the top of the lottery had a great centre...to the best of my recollection.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #295 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
highonpsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,070
Representing:
Default

He's MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Bosh!
highonpsi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #296 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
All of them. You ask me you've just forgotten. He was clearly number one with th eonly one close Larmarcus. Aldridge might have been picked first if someone in contention had the first pick and didn't have to draft BPA but best fit. Nobody in the top of the lottery had a great centre...to the best of my recollection.
I think that YOU may have forgotten what happened that year.

BC was RAVING about Bargs 24/7.... I don't recall anyone else being as excited. Some critics were actually thinking that BC may have been creating a "smokescreen" so that he could entice another team into wanting Bargs and trading up to get him.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #297 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I think that YOU may have forgotten what happened that year.

BC was RAVING about Bargs 24/7.... I don't recall anyone else being as excited. Some critics were actually thinking that BC may have been creating a "smokescreen" so that he could entice another team into wanting Bargs and trading up to get him.
thats true about the smokescreen....A lot of pundits were calling it that. I thought it was to entice a team to take Bargs lower down and we'd pick the player they wanted and then do a trade for Bargs and another asset. It was an interesting draft. I remember on the old scout board many wanted Roy or Gay. Not a deep draft thats for sure besides those two, Aldridge and maybe TT - any of those four would have been better

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 05-09-2011 at 09:08 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #298 (permalink)
2sck4u!!!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 30
Representing:
Default

wow now randolph realizes he is better than chris bosh. lol
shan1180 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #299 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Randolph was beastinggggggggggggg in game 6 again

Wow
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #300 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,128
Representing:
Default

Yeah, he bounced around quiet a lot, but as of today, he is better than Bosh.
I am really impressed with their playoff run. Too bad the team was relocated to Memphis. We could have had 2 NBA teams....
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toronto Sun: Shaq vs. Chris "RuPaul " Bosh Windex Toronto Raptors 28 10-28-2009 01:39 PM
The Hoop Doctors: Is Chris Bosh "For Sale"? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 5 06-27-2009 12:16 AM
Amare: "No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh" Pistol Pete Toronto Raptors 47 05-31-2009 08:29 PM
Chad Ford: "Pray to God that Chris Bosh isn't leaving." Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 2 04-07-2009 02:23 PM
Chris Bosh on CBC's "The Hour" on Feb 28th Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 21 01-31-2008 10:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24