Zach Randolph: "I'm better than Chris Bosh" - Page 11
Old 05-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #201 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,220
Representing:
Default

defensively - he certainly hasn't regressed in any way shape or form
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #202 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,257
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
defensively - he certainly hasn't regressed in any way shape or form
And the reason for that is because he can now be held accountable and be benched unlike when he was here in Toronto...
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #203 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

you guys can compare stats and compare careers. but randolph said this two years ago and at that point i would agree with him. he didn't do anything THEN to back up his words but what he's doing NOW sure as hell backs that up. so it's pointless to bring up Bosh has had a better career then randolph. randolph could have always been a better player but its just he didn't have his head on straight from the beginning so we don't know what he is capable of.
point of the matter is, we see in this years playoffs what randolph can do being the alpha dog and Bosh can't win shit being the alpha dog. thats bottom line.
if memphis gets knocked out later on in the playoffs and miami ends up winning the ship, i'd still have more respect for randolph as a player. lets not forget, no one gave kobe any credit until he was able to win a championship being the top man.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #204 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,677
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
you guys can compare stats and compare careers. but randolph said this two years ago and at that point i would agree with him. he didn't do anything THEN to back up his words but what he's doing NOW sure as hell backs that up. so it's pointless to bring up Bosh has had a better career then randolph. randolph could have always been a better player but its just he didn't have his head on straight from the beginning so we don't know what he is capable of.
point of the matter is, we see in this years playoffs what randolph can do being the alpha dog and Bosh can't win shit being the alpha dog. thats bottom line.
if memphis gets knocked out later on in the playoffs and miami ends up winning the ship, i'd still have more respect for randolph as a player. lets not forget, no one gave kobe any credit until he was able to win a championship being the top man.
Not that I care about the comparison about Bosh and Randolph. But Bosh had a way worse team around him here than Randolph does in Memphis.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #205 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Not that I care about the comparison about Bosh and Randolph. But Bosh had a way worse team around him here than Randolph does in Memphis.
I dont think Toronta was that worse than what Memphis is now. They are all just playing better. Marc Gasol is playing the best basketball of his career. If Bargnani hussled like that guy does. We would have been dangerous.

I dont expect Bargnani to be a force in Offensive rebounds. but there is no reason he couldnt be a deffensive threat under the rim and then turn around and hit the three.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #206 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Not that I care about the comparison about Bosh and Randolph. But Bosh had a way worse team around him here than Randolph does in Memphis.
true, but then i would argue, not by much
raptors had the 3rd seed one year and if ur gonna go with that arguement then you also have to put the quality of opponents into the consideration.
it is a FACT that San Antonio is a way better team than any team a bosh-lead Raptors have faced in the post season.
so in a way you can say it evens out
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #207 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,056
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Is Randolph just the flavour of the month?

The dude is still a pretty dumb player out there. He's just found himself in a good situation right now but if you go back (last year, a few years ago?) when he was with the Clippers he looked done to me as a mid-tier player.
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #208 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,960
Representing:
Default

maybe he has turkoglu-itis. he's only effective in the perfect situation.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #209 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,496
Representing:
Default

I'm kind of incredulous that some think that the Raps (sans Bosh) were anywhere near as good as MEM (sans Zach).

Gay... Gasol... Mayo... Battier.. Allen... Conley....

We were close to that? Really?
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #210 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,559
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'm kind of incredulous that some think that the Raps (sans Bosh) were anywhere near as good as MEM (sans Zach).

Gay... Gasol... Mayo... Battier.. Allen... Conley....

We were close to that? Really?
No we weren't. If Bosh had that talent here around him he might still be here.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #211 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'm kind of incredulous that some think that the Raps (sans Bosh) were anywhere near as good as MEM (sans Zach).

Gay... Gasol... Mayo... Battier.. Allen... Conley....

We were close to that? Really?
no point comparing this years raps team sans Bosh because with him last year we didn't make the playoffs anyways. but if ur comparing only this years team, yes, memphis is better.
but the argument is look at what randolph has done in the playoffs being the alpha dog (of an 8th seeded team) to what Bosh did as alpha dog with the 3rd seeded raps team. was the level of players surrounding those two players on both teams that much different?
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #212 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,069
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Not that I care about the comparison about Bosh and Randolph. But Bosh had a way worse team around him here than Randolph does in Memphis.
The problem is "Chris don't talk". He can't make anyone around him better just clamming up and not leading.

They finished what... 4th 2 years ago? That's not a worse team when you compare the competition east to west right now.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #213 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,496
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
no point comparing this years raps team sans Bosh because with him last year we didn't make the playoffs anyways. but if ur comparing only this years team, yes, memphis is better.
but the argument is look at what randolph has done in the playoffs being the alpha dog (of an 8th seeded team) to what Bosh did as alpha dog with the 3rd seeded raps team. was the level of players surrounding those two players on both teams that much different?
You tell me.

Ford, Parker, Bargs, Jose, Garbo, Rasho, Jones, MoPete, Dixon.

Those were the guys who played 20+ MPG for the Raps that season (06/07)

Contrast that to...

Gay, Conley, Gasol, Mayo, Arthur, Allen, Young, Battier.

Remember as well that Gay was also a bonafide 2nd option (1st option really before he went down... avging 20 pts/gm).

Their lineup >>>>>> ours when it comes to rebounding and defense especially.
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #214 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
You tell me.

Ford, Parker, Bargs, Jose, Garbo, Rasho, Jones, MoPete, Dixon.

Those were the guys who played 20+ MPG for the Raps that season (06/07)

Contrast that to...

Gay, Conley, Gasol, Mayo, Arthur, Allen, Young, Battier.

Remember as well that Gay was also a bonafide 2nd option (1st option really before he went down... avging 20 pts/gm).

Their lineup >>>>>> ours when it comes to rebounding and defense especially.
so randolph is doing this without gay.....ur comment on Gay actually goes against you.
and are u saying that the 3rd seeded raps that year was an overachieving squad? because ur claiming that an 8th seeded west team is better than a 3rd seeded east team.
and as i pointed out earlier, if ur gonna compare teams then you have to compare opponents.
memphis beat and san antonio team that is better than any bosh-lead team has faced in the playoffs.
so was this years memphis team that much better? (if you still think otherwise, then i'll say that is because of randolph that they are THAT MUCH better)
that years team lost to the nets in 6, lol
which matchup had the larger spread?

Last edited by powerfulpanda; 05-02-2011 at 02:37 PM.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #215 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

i'm not saying Bosh isn't a good player. i think hes an bonafide allstar. but i'm saying that an team that has Bosh as its best player won't go anywhere. and THAT is why randolph is better because we are seeing this post season what a team with randolph as the best player can do.
that is all
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #216 (permalink)
waiting for the casey is fired press conference

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,944
Representing:
Default

we all know how much of headcase Randolph was with the Knicks, all he would do is shoot 3's all the time, try impossible shots, and give the ball away

all off the sudden because he plays great now that what happen with the knicks was there fault

this is a perfect situation for Randolph,

we seen Chris Bosh do amazing things in a Raptor uniform, we all know that he isn't being used properly in Miami and is a much better player than he has being showing, obviously not a great fit for Bosh either making him look worse
rapsmannn is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #217 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
we all know how much of headcase Randolph was with the Knicks, all he would do is shoot 3's all the time, try impossible shots, and give the ball away

all off the sudden because he plays great now that what happen with the knicks was there fault
this is a perfect situation for Randolph,
where did that come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
we seen Chris Bosh do amazing things in a Raptor uniform, we all know that he isn't being used properly in Miami and is a much better player than he has being showing, obviously not a great fit for Bosh either making him look worse
and thats why i'm not comparing both players on there performance presently. i'm making the comparison when both players were in there best situations (and also the best player on their team). for randolph its now and for chris it was when he led the Raptors to the 3rd seed in the east.
randolph's team was able to upset the team with the best record in the NBA and another possible 2nd round upset. while bosh's 3rd seed team lost to the nets in 6.
SA >>> NJ
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #218 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,496
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
so randolph is doing this without gay.....ur comment on Gay actually goes against you.
and are u saying that the 3rd seeded raps that year was an overachieving squad? because ur claiming that an 8th seeded west team is better than a 3rd seeded east team.
and as i pointed out earlier, if ur gonna compare teams then you have to compare opponents.
memphis beat and san antonio team that is better than any bosh-lead team has faced in the playoffs.
so was this years memphis team that much better? (if you still think otherwise, then i'll say that is because of randolph that they are THAT MUCH better)
that years team lost to the nets in 6, lol
which matchup had the larger spread?
Damn right I am. The EC was the weakest that it's ever been.

Bosh struggled in the playoffs because he was doubled and tripled at every opportunity.... NJ and ORL knew that no one else could beat them if they shut him down. So they did just that.

MEM is so much better than we were back then defensively that it's not even close. Guys like Gasol, Battier and Allen make all the difference in the world there. garbo and Parker were decent enough on that end but they weren't ever going to make an all-defensive team.

Bosh never had a REAL C to play beside like Gasol.

He also never had a legit #2 option OR a team that cared about playing consistent, hard-nosed D (and hitting the glass).

Makes a difference.
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #219 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,938
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Bosh never had a REAL C to play beside like Gasol.

He also never had a legit #2 option OR a team that cared about playing consistent, hard-nosed D (and hitting the glass).
What do you call Jermaine O'Neal? He is a 'REAL C' and that flopped.

Legit #2 is Anthony Parker. Lebron brought that team to 60 wins last season with Parker as a starter, he is as legit as you can get.

Also a team that cared about playing hard-nosed D.. how can that ever be possible when the leader of the team is made of cotton candy? The team plays how the leader plays and wants to play, Bosh never played hard nosed D in his entire career.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #220 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,257
Representing:
Default

now he's saying he's the best pf in the league

Quote:
He’s an animal,” Durant said. If that wasn’t complimentary enough of Randolph’s un-humanlike performance, Durant made this pitch a moment later: “He’s the best power forward in the league.”
Quote:
And what did Randolph think of Durant’s assessment? “I got to agree with that,” Randolph said. He wasn’t smiling
Randolph lifts Grizzlies over Thunder - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

He's playing like the best pf in the league but nothing more...
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toronto Sun: Shaq vs. Chris "RuPaul " Bosh Windex Toronto Raptors 28 10-28-2009 01:39 PM
The Hoop Doctors: Is Chris Bosh "For Sale"? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 5 06-27-2009 12:16 AM
Amare: "No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh" Pistol Pete Toronto Raptors 47 05-31-2009 08:29 PM
Chad Ford: "Pray to God that Chris Bosh isn't leaving." Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 2 04-07-2009 02:23 PM
Chris Bosh on CBC's "The Hour" on Feb 28th Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 21 01-31-2008 10:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24