Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Your wish list for a roster spot on the Raps...diamonds in the rough! (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/your-wish-list-roster-spot-raps-diamonds-rough-9557.html)

leftcoastbballfan 08-05-2009 12:06 PM

Your wish list for a roster spot on the Raps...diamonds in the rough!
 
So i just looked around the Free Agent Tracker on the NBA web site and seen some intriguing players that I think would be available to the Raps at a cheap price that are UFA's.

A person who I always liked and thought was developing a decent game was Robert Swift before his last few seasons were decimated by injuries.The upside is he is very young being drafted out of high school, he has a nice soft touch around the basket and is a good free throw shooter. He can be a good rebounder and he passes well out of the post. He can also block a shot as well. I am not entirely sure of his status or if he is competing in the summer leagues but i think he could be wildly popular if he got his game to even be a spot contributor.


Any one else like him? Who do you think could be a sleeper pick up?

LCBBF

Dark Knight 08-05-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftcoastbballfan (Post 222480)
So i just looked around the Free Agent Tracker on the NBA web site and seen some intriguing players that I think would be available to the Raps at a cheap price that are UFA's.

A person who I always liked and thought was developing a decent game was Robert Swift before his last few seasons were decimated by injuries.The upside is he is very young being drafted out of high school, he has a nice soft touch around the basket and is a good free throw shooter. He can be a good rebounder and he passes well out of the post. He can also block a shot as well. I am not entirely sure of his status or if he is competing in the summer leagues but i think he could be wildly popular if he got his game to even be a spot contributor.


Any one else like him? Who do you think could be a sleeper pick up?

LCBBF

Best case scenario he could be a Birdman. Getting hustle points and playing defense.

Worst case scenario...:dead:

Dr. J. Naismith 08-05-2009 12:10 PM

I didn't mind him, but I don't necessarily think BC looking at any more centres or power forwards. If anything I think the biggest void is still a back-up or 3rd string SF. Everything else I think if covered nicely so far. :)

Dr. J. Naismith 08-05-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 222485)
Best case scenario he could be a Birdman. Getting hustle points and playing defense.

Didn't Birdman just re-sign with Denver? :confused2:

Dark Knight 08-05-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 222489)
Didn't Birdman just re-sign with Denver? :confused2:

I mean his game could be similar to Birdman's.

Dr. J. Naismith 08-05-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 222490)
I mean his game could be similar to Birdman's.

Sorry, my bad. I misread what you wrote DK. :(

I don't think Swift has the same time of energy and athleticism as Andersen does.

MangoKidHoops 08-05-2009 12:17 PM

All the injuries Swift has had has taken it's toll on him. If he was worth anything, Presti would have kept him around.

Personally, I'd like to have Joey Graham with that last spot.

SoGood 08-05-2009 12:18 PM

although there are intriguing low risk high reward players....as Doc said, raps just need to round out the roster w/ someone who can play the 3 and 4 spot and provide some energy when brought into the game. this player won't play much...most likely 7 DNP-CD's per 10 games

ideal guys to me: joey graham, pops, james singleton, rodney carney

MikeToronto 08-05-2009 12:28 PM

If Leon Powe is still available, I'd grab him for a vet minimum and be done. The dude is smart, tough, can back up either forward position and is a pretty good defender.

Dark Knight 08-05-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 222508)
If Leon Powe is still available, I'd grab him for a vet minimum and be done. The dude is smart, tough, can back up either forward position and is a pretty good defender.

+1

INSIDER 08-05-2009 12:34 PM

for pure comedic value, i say we offer a horribly low offer to Joey Graham.
he'll have to accept, since no one else seems to want him.
i wouldnt mind Joey as our 12th man. seeing him on another team just wouldnt feel right.

Dark Knight 08-05-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 222515)
for pure comedic value, i say we offer a horribly low offer to Joey Graham.
he'll have to accept, since no one else seems to want him.
i wouldnt mind Joey as our 12th man. seeing him on another team just wouldnt feel right.

I've seen him in a Pacers jersey. Wait a minute...:confused2:

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 08-05-2009 12:38 PM

I'd like to see Graham take the last spot as well. He's a good kid that can at times, albeit inconsistantly defend, rebound and get to the rim.

MangoKidHoops 08-05-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 222508)
If Leon Powe is still available, I'd grab him for a vet minimum and be done. The dude is smart, tough, can back up either forward position and is a pretty good defender.

I think if anything, Powe would prefer to play close to home in California. I do like Powe, but if anything, he's a 4. Wouldn't be an effective 5 or a 3. I love the fact that he's a very good rebounder and he's tough as nails.

zachus 08-05-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 222515)
for pure comedic value, i say we offer a horribly low offer to Joey Graham.
he'll have to accept, since no one else seems to want him.
i wouldnt mind Joey as our 12th man. seeing him on another team just wouldnt feel right.

Shit, you want comedic value? Have you seen Robert Swift in the flesh? Oh my god, Robert Swift is a hybrid mix of Carrot Top and a woman from Hell's Angels.

B-RAD 08-05-2009 12:44 PM

Gerald Green, Rob Kurz, Graham,

B-RAD 08-05-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachus (Post 222525)
Shit, you want comedic value? Have you seen Robert Swift in the flesh? Oh my god, Robert Swift is a hybrid mix of Carrot Top and a woman from Hell's Angels.

ya, robert swift scares the hell out of me. he's an albino ginger.

zachus 08-05-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-RAD (Post 222531)
Gerald Green, Rob Kurz, Graham,

Rob Kurz is a guy that really intrigues me. There are teams that need a guy like him more than we do though, so I'd say our chances are slim.

halphbreedballer 08-05-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 222520)
I'd like to see Graham take the last spot as well. He's a good kid that can at times, albeit inconsistantly defend, rebound and get to the rim.

Screw Joey Graham!

Claudius 08-05-2009 12:48 PM

Aaron Gray.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24