Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Yahoo Sports Staff Preseason Ranks: Point Guard (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/yahoo-sports-staff-preseason-ranks-point-guard-23807.html)

m5racer 10-14-2012 04:16 PM

Yahoo Sports Staff Preseason Ranks: Point Guard
 
Not bad, Lowery is in the top 10......can't wait to actually see him play a few games though :sigh:

Preseason Ranks: Point Guard - Yahoo! Sports

Bargn88 10-14-2012 04:23 PM

Let's hope we see him this Wednesday

pzabby 10-14-2012 04:40 PM

I think everything has to go right for lowry to be a top 10 pg, and if it does the first rounder was well worth it.

being a raps fan, I expect the worst

thought 10-14-2012 04:48 PM

lowry will put up huge numbers this year

TORaptor4Ever 10-14-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thought (Post 688269)
lowry will put up huge numbers this year

That's be nice... but as long as he's playing stellar D, breaking down the D, and passing the rock I'll be more than happy.

If everything breaks right and people catch on fast we have the makings of a decent defensive guard rotation (Jose notwithstanding).

MBailey85 10-14-2012 05:05 PM

Top 10 or not,Lowry will be a good fit for this team moving forward. I'm excited as well because I believe he'll be this biggest difference maker of the new additions on the Raptors roster.

DonMughal 10-14-2012 05:06 PM

Let's hope he re-signs if things go well.......

pzabby 10-14-2012 05:06 PM

^^ in the short run yes. But in the long run jv and Ross and Landry (I'm a believer) will prove to be most important as they will be our core In the future

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 10-14-2012 05:13 PM

pzabby, I like how you didn't mention DD :) DD, ED and Jose for Rudy Gay.

pzabby 10-14-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 688278)
pzabby, I like how you didn't mention DD :) DD, ED and Jose for Rudy Gay.

lol I didn't mean trade DD, i'm a believer of his too, have been since I saw his breakout in year 2. He just wasn't a new aquisition is all ;)

jeffb 10-14-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 688256)
Let's hope we see him this Wednesday

Already confirmed, he's back wednesday

jeffb 10-14-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz (Post 688275)
Top 10 or not,Lowry will be a good fit for this team moving forward. I'm excited as well because I believe he'll be this biggest difference maker of the new additions on the Raptors roster.

No brainer, he has by far the most experience and is a defense first PG.

pzabby 10-14-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 688289)
No brainer, he has by far the most experience and is a defense first PG.

i'd argue the most experience. bargnani has had more playoff appearances? but i'm not sure

jeffb 10-14-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 688290)
i'd argue the most experience. bargnani has had more playoff appearances? but i'm not sure

Talking about the new additions.

Metallikid 10-14-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 688271)
That's be nice... but as long as he's playing stellar D, breaking down the D, and passing the rock I'll be more than happy.

If everything breaks right and people catch on fast we have the makings of a decent defensive guard rotation (Jose notwithstanding).

Honestly I'm really hoping for the rotation to be Lowry/DeRozan and Calderon/Ross so that at least both our guards won't be blown by.

MBailey85 10-14-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 688289)
No brainer, he has by far the most experience and is a defense first PG.

Some may argue that JV will be the biggest difference maker if he develops quickly,because the Raps are weak at effective C depth where as,even if Lowry doesn't play Calderon is a capable starting PG and Lucas 3 is decent in relief. Gray & Magloire at C behind Valancunias isn't that strong.

LX 10-14-2012 06:50 PM

This is fantasy shit.

DonMughal 10-14-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz (Post 688298)
Some may argue that JV will be the biggest difference maker if he develops quickly,because the Raps are weak at effective C depth where as,even if Lowry doesn't play Calderon is a capable starting PG and Lucas 3 is decent in relief. Gray & Magloire at C behind Valancunias isn't that strong.

Well, Amir played a lot of center last year so he can have a lot of minutes there. Even though he shouldn't, he clearly plays much better at the 4, which was one of the main reasons he struggled last year. Just saying, Amir could manage some 5.

jeffb 10-14-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz (Post 688298)
Some may argue that JV will be the biggest difference maker if he develops quickly,because the Raps are weak at effective C depth where as,even if Lowry doesn't play Calderon is a capable starting PG and Lucas 3 is decent in relief. Gray & Magloire at C behind Valancunias isn't that strong.

Well, let's just say that if Lowry brings to us what he brought to houston the last couple seasons prior to his injury and Valanciunas can develop quickly as you say we're a playoff team. In that case Valanciunas is the most important for sure because he's way more of a question mark right now.

Dark Knight 10-14-2012 08:16 PM

I doubt Goran will have a better season than Lowry.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24