X-Factor?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,839
Representing:
X-Factor?

Let's say both O'Neal & Bosh play 70+ games this season and Calderon lives up to the contract (14PPG/9APG) what is our X-Factor.That other player that can really make us one of the best teams in the East. Obviously those three playing and staying healthy puts us in the playoffs at least IMO but what's the next most important ingrediant that makes us a 50-55 win team (top 3-4 in the East).

-Bargnani's improvement (especially on the glass)
-Ukic (how quick he can develope)
-Parker (can he stay consistent as he gets older)
-Kapono (If he starts,can he get his touches and and be consistent like he was in the playoffs)
-Humphries/Jawai (Can they do the job off the bench behind O'Neal?)
-Our back up PG? If Colangelo can pick up a Vet


My vote is Bargnani.If he can improve beyond what he did in his FIRST season and grab 6+ rebounds while giving us 15+PPG we'll have a great year IMO.

Last edited by jeffb; 07-06-2008 at 03:28 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,604
Representing:
Default

Definitely Bargs.

Roko and Jawai aren't because we can't expect a lot from them.

Parker and Kapono are alraedy doing there part for this team with their clutch 3pters

And I guess the runner-up would be Humps. Didn't see a lot from him and hopefully and can have a good season as well.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
a rep. from the Hair Club for Men

Member
 
EazyBalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 313
Representing:
Default

I think the X-Factor is going to be Jamario Moon and he looks like a young (or old?) Gerlad Wallace. But Jamario is not going to score that much points. I just think he wil be outstanding in the fast break. I just hope Calderon pushes the ball more on the break.
EazyBalla is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,839
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyBalla View Post
I think the X-Factor is going to be Jamario Moon and he looks like a young (or old?) Gerlad Wallace. But Jamario is not going to score that much points. I just think he wil be outstanding in the fast break. I just hope Calderon pushes the ball more on the break.
He won't score alot,but if he can give us 9-10PPG that's an improvement.He just needs to go to the rim more which will get him to the line more often.And he needs to continue blocking shots,rebounding.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Definitely Bargs.

Roko and Jawai aren't because we can't expect a lot from them.

Parker and Kapono are alraedy doing there part for this team with their clutch 3pters

And I guess the runner-up would be Humps. Didn't see a lot from him and hopefully and can have a good season as well.
I thought X-Factors are the guys who aren't a given to be impact players but if they do they greatly help their teams. Roko, right now, is the backup PG. I'm selecting him as my X-Factor.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

i'm going with roko as well. we can't have Calderon running around like he does for 48 minutes a game. if we're going to win, we have to have roko providing solid relief. with that, we get more productive minutes from Calderon and our second unit.

we can manage with both moon and Bargs playing with how they played last season imo.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Byte Mii, I have Wii Fit!
 
Krazy Ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,967
Representing:
Default

I am expecting a lot from Moon... he has a chance to be very good... IMHO it's all in his head, if he decides to jack it from a far he will not be successful and Sam might as well play Kapono, who is a much better shooter... but if he decides to be aggressive and attack the rim... Raps will be a much better team.
Krazy Ivan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,604
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I thought X-Factors are the guys who aren't a given to be impact players but if they do they greatly help their teams. Roko, right now, is the backup PG. I'm selecting him as my X-Factor.
Yup, you're right. So why can't Bargs fit that category?
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,669
Representing:
Default

I'm hoping Jose will not need to run around so much all the time, otherwise I agree it will be Roko.

But really there's a chance for a lot of different scenarios. The addition of O'Neal could make everyone on that list just a little bit better, the way that KG made guys like Rondo, House, Perkins and so on better, and that could really allow for some strategic uses of various x-factors from game to game.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,839
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
I'm hoping Jose will not need to run around so much all the time, otherwise I agree it will be Roko.

But really there's a chance for a lot of different scenarios. The addition of O'Neal could make everyone on that list just a little bit better, the way that KG made guys like Rondo, House, Perkins and so on better, and that could really allow for some strategic uses of various x-factors from game to game.
I agree, with ONeal/Bosh down low guys like Kapono,Moon,Bargnani will get alot more open looks which means their numbers should go up.And Ukic can also get decent numbers in limited minutes.I also think that Humphries will be called upon more this season.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,669
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Ivan View Post
I am expecting a lot from Moon... he has a chance to be very good... IMHO it's all in his head, if he decides to jack it from a far he will not be successful and Sam might as well play Kapono, who is a much better shooter... but if he decides to be aggressive and attack the rim... Raps will be a much better team.
I don't mind him shooting a certain number of shots at all, although not all that many from behind the arc unless he's open and hot. I don't question his level of aggression in the past as much as his experience level, and his need to improve his ball-handling. I could be wrong, but I thought that after John Lucas arrived, that Moon did improve his ball-handling a bit. If he can build on that, and be on the receiving end of a good number of lobs directed towards the rim, a la Chandler, then I'd be pretty happy.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,839
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
I don't mind him shooting a certain number of shots at all, although not all that many from behind the arc unless he's open and hot. I don't question his level of aggression in the past as much as his experience level, and his need to improve his ball-handling. I could be wrong, but I thought that after John Lucas arrived, that Moon did improve his ball-handling a bit. If he can build on that, and be on the receiving end of a good number of lobs directed towards the rim, a la Chandler, then I'd be pretty happy.
Well,last season he averaged 8.5PPG/6.2RPG/1.38BLK and had a FG% OF 48%

If he can improve this season to lets say: 10PPG/7.5RPG/1.5BLK i'd be happy.But that won't happen unless he starts and plays roughly the same 27 MPG that he averaged last season.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Senior Member
 
The MVP of West Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,129
Representing:
Default

1. Bargnani
2. Bargnani
3. Bargnani
4. Ukic
5. Bargnani
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,448
Representing:
Default

roko in my mind is the x-factor sommebody coming of the bench as a player not expected to do much but contributes wit assist and a couple of buckets
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,645
Representing:
Default

Moon will be huge next year, he will probably play a lot of minutes from the bench (since Kapono tends to pick up useless fouls), and he will get weaker defenses against second units. Combined with his improvement over the summer, he will become our 3rd best scorer I think, unless Bargnani pulls a miracle, or Jose starts looking more for his shot. I see Moon having a 15ppg/8rbg/1.5bpg season.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,604
Representing:
Default

Moon's not starting this year?
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,154
Representing:
Default

Quote:
I see Moon having a 15ppg/8rbg/1.5bpg season.
:|
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,839
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
Moon will be huge next year, he will probably play a lot of minutes from the bench (since Kapono tends to pick up useless fouls), and he will get weaker defenses against second units. Combined with his improvement over the summer, he will become our 3rd best scorer I think, unless Bargnani pulls a miracle, or Jose starts looking more for his shot. I see Moon having a 15ppg/8rbg/1.5bpg season.
I see Bargnani as our 3rd best scorer. I predict 15PPG/6+RPG.And i also think that Kapono will start and get alot more touches bringing his numbers up a bit from last season(10PPG/3RPG).

Moon= 10PPG/6RPG

Last edited by jeffb; 07-07-2008 at 12:10 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
all hustle no muscle

Senior Member
 
Miniwheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 137
Representing:
Default

i think that jose will be are third best scorer. he averaged 11 points as a backup last year and will be more trusted by his teammates. i think that Bargs kapono and moon will all see there numbers rise while parkers will drop to about 8 and JO will have to take a step back as well
Miniwheats is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,604
Representing:
Default

Here's how I see our starting 5 and 3 important benchers:

Jose - 13 ppg / 8 ast
Parker - 12 ppg / 2.5 ast
Moon - 12 ppg / 7 rebs
O'Neal - 16 ppg / 7 rebs
Bosh - 23 ppg / 9 rebs

Bargnani - 15 ppg / 4.5 rebs
Kapono - 8 ppg / 2.2 rebs
Roko - 8 ppg / 5 ast

Jose - It's pretty obvious that since TJ's gone he'll be playing about 30 mins per game. And if he can pull off 11 ppg as a bencher last season, i'm pretty sure he'll be able to get at least 2 more ppg.
Parker - The dude turned 33 about 2 weeks ago. I think he'll have about the same numbers, because you can't expect at 33 to be improving each year.
Moon - Everyone knows it's a huge jump from rookie to sophomore. He's got experience now and talent to improve greatly this year.
O'Neal - Hard to get big numbers when you play 50 games per year with the Pacers. But he's with a better team now and he's healthy.
Bosh - No explanation, this is our 24-yr-old CB4. He's growing older and he'll have his best season yet this year.

Bargnani - I must have said the following about 50 times now: I said it before and I'll say it again, Bargani will have a break-out season. The pressure is off now for him.
Kapono - He's still young, and there's still room for improvement. We can't expect too much from him, but I see a great year for him.
Roko - He's playing 15 minutes, how many points could you possibly get from that? But don't worry, he's going to be a great back-up for Jose.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tonight's X Factor jeffb Toronto Raptors 6 01-17-2010 12:17 PM
X-Factor tonight vs Pistons? jeffb Toronto Raptors 6 11-05-2008 10:31 PM
X Factor? jeffb Toronto Raptors 4 10-31-2008 08:05 PM
Kapono the X Factor??? RiceItUp Toronto Raptors 4 09-20-2008 02:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24