www.si.com - more Bargs Trade rumors and speculations - Page 3
Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Obviously they wouldn't send out all three. lol


Lakers: Calderon, Bargnani

Minnesota: Gasol

Toronto: Love, Ridnour
Would welcome the trade for sure as a raps fan, but it's not happening. Love's not going anywhere yet, let alone for those pieces. However, I'd wait it out for a three team trade with Minny and the Lakers. Who knows we might get Pekovic/Williams. But these trades are complicated and we still have a lot of hurdles ahead of us. We have to wait to see how Gasol and Nash play together. Pekovic is playing some really great basketball, so who knows if Khan is as inclined to move him as before. We have to make sure the interest is still there for all parties included. The best thing for us to do is be patient. Those assets from Minny are very intriguing. It's a lot better than settling for Emeka Okafor which I think is definitely not the way to go unless we get a pick which is upper lottery bound. If the right deal doesn't come along, stand pat.

Last edited by Raptors1995; 12-21-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #42 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

If I were BC, I would try to re-sign Ed Davis to a contract extension in the offseason. If he continues to play well, knowing BC, he might offer him Taj Gibson type money which is 9 million per year. We can't afford to be throwing those types of contracts at potential when we really have no established/proven player to build around yet.

Last edited by Raptors1995; 12-21-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #43 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

oh yes, toronto trades Bargs and calderon, two guys you all hate, for the best rebounder in basketball, and a dream teamer.... fuck yeah
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #44 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 94
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Obviously they wouldn't send out all three. lol


Lakers: Calderon, Bargnani

Minnesota: Gasol

Toronto: Love, Ridnour
Lay off the crack pipe
Mobat is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 605
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
Gasol would play centre and Ed Davis would start at PF. Watch what you wish for because Davis is playing better than anyone and he's not going to the bench. It's laughable how many people in this forum keep either wanting Davis on the bench or propose trades with him involved.
Please, it's ridiculous, we don't need Gasol! I wouldn't break the front court rotation of Ed, Amir and Jonas, that's who we are now.
If Bargnani can't catch anything, amnesty him! Or give him to a fitness trainer!

We are waiting for a good SF, but if there's no one available at the moment, we use what we have Pietrus, Anderson, Kleiza*, DeRozan (when TRoss is SG) and it shouldn't mean we wait to get rid of the cancer that is Bargnani.

*Kleiza has become too chubby himself for a SF, and has been late on rotations, though not for the lack of effort.

TRoss stays, why would you give up an amazing prospect to sweeten the deal to get rid of someone?
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
Please, it's ridiculous, we don't need Gasol! I wouldn't break the front court rotation of Ed, Amir and Jonas, that's who we are now.
If Bargnani can't catch anything, amnesty him! Or give him to a fitness trainer!

We are waiting for a good SF, but if there's no one available at the moment, we use what we have Pietrus, Anderson, Kleiza*, DeRozan (when TRoss is SG) and it shouldn't mean we wait to get rid of the cancer that is Bargnani.

*Kleiza has become too chubby himself for a SF, and has been late on rotations, though not for the lack of effort.

TRoss stays, why would you give up an amazing prospect to sweeten the deal to get rid of someone?
Don't be confused by a couple of wins..... this team still needs to get better if it's going to become a playoff team.

Pau is better than any big man on our roster. By FAR. And we need a reliable post presence. If you have a chance to get him you do it.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 605
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Don't be confused by a couple of wins..... this team still needs to get better if it's going to become a playoff team.

Pau is better than any big man on our roster. By FAR. And we need a reliable post presence. If you have a chance to get him you do it.
Pau is a soft touch and now he's injured. Do you think he'll put more effort for Toronto than for Lakers under the gaze of Kobe?
It's not about wins, it's about drastic improvement! I can SEE them getting better and better. Do you really wanna see our big men looking at each other wondering who should've covered the basket? Again?
Fuck that shit!
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 627
Representing:
Default

hahaha at toronto getting kevin love
Luckedout is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #49 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,884
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
Pau is a soft touch and now he's injured. Do you think he'll put more effort for Toronto than for Lakers under the gaze of Kobe?
It's not about wins, it's about drastic improvement! I can SEE them getting better and better. Do you really wanna see our big men looking at each other wondering who should've covered the basket? Again?
Fuck that shit!
C,mon, give Pau some fucking credit, he was long successful BEFORE he played with Kobe. Fuck Kobe (no offense clutch) but Pau was an All-star and winning multiple awards long before playing in LA. IF Pau comes here he plays the 5 on offense (an in/out game) and the 4 on defense, let the offense flow through Pau as it should be in LA and the defense can be anchored by JV - it would create mismatches and issues for other teams. I also think with Pau KL will be much more effective (as Pau can create for himself or set-up others). Thinking about it, I'm really starting to warm to the idea. The Raps need to start winning and consistently if the team has any hope of attracting FA's.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 605
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
C,mon, give Pau some fucking credit, he was long successful BEFORE he played with Kobe. Fuck Kobe (no offense clutch) but Pau was an All-star and winning multiple awards long before playing in LA. IF Pau comes here he plays the 5 on offense (an in/out game) and the 4 on defense, let the offense flow through Pau as it should be in LA and the defense can be anchored by JV - it would create mismatches and issues for other teams. I also think with Pau KL will be much more effective (as Pau can create for himself or set-up others). Thinking about it, I'm really starting to warm to the idea. The Raps need to start winning and consistently if the team has any hope of attracting FA's.
hm.. Vince Carter could put his nuts through the hoop...

we're winning now.

Fantasies. Imagine we had Pau and Nash! Wait even with Kobe and Dwight they're shit.
We have been shit, thanks to a shitheel, but now we're getting better as a result of Ed, Amir, Val front court rotation.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #51 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,884
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
hm.. Vince Carter could put his nuts through the hoop...

we're winning now.

Fantasies. Imagine we had Pau and Nash! Wait even with Kobe and Dwight they're shit.
We have been shit, thanks to a shitheel, but now we're getting better as a result of Ed, Amir, Val front court rotation.
You're acting like a boob, seriously, you're getting carried away with the Raps beating a few subpar teams and in some cases shitty teams. That first stretch on the road was brutal for everyone as the teams the Raps faced were mostly top level teams - now at home they win a few games against so-so to shitty teams and this place goes nuts.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #52 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
C,mon, give Pau some fucking credit, he was long successful BEFORE he played with Kobe. Fuck Kobe (no offense clutch) but Pau was an All-star and winning multiple awards long before playing in LA. IF Pau comes here he plays the 5 on offense (an in/out game) and the 4 on defense, let the offense flow through Pau as it should be in LA and the defense can be anchored by JV - it would create mismatches and issues for other teams. I also think with Pau KL will be much more effective (as Pau can create for himself or set-up others). Thinking about it, I'm really starting to warm to the idea. The Raps need to start winning and consistently if the team has any hope of attracting FA's.
great post.

don't particularly want pau, think it's a risk, but particularly agree with the bolded part.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #53 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,884
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
great post.

don't particularly want pau, think it's a risk, but particularly agree with the bolded part.
Thanks LKeet6.

I'm on the fence still about Pau, I'm certainly warming to the idea though. Maybe the team just needs to bite the bullet and sign someone like Pau and start winning - would be a lot easier to attract higher level FA's....
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #54 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,931
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Paus not leaving LA, if Kobe wants him there, he's not going anywhere.
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #55 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,884
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario View Post
Paus not leaving LA, if Kobe wants him there, he's not going anywhere.
Hopefully Kobe's learned to shut his mouth in public and say he loves Pau - as that's what a team mate should do. Privately? Who knows.

All I know (or believe) is Amare and Pau are not going anywhere until their respective teams can determine if they can be integrated successfully.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #56 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
C,mon, give Pau some fucking credit, he was long successful BEFORE he played with Kobe. Fuck Kobe (no offense clutch) but Pau was an All-star and winning multiple awards long before playing in LA. IF Pau comes here he plays the 5 on offense (an in/out game) and the 4 on defense, let the offense flow through Pau as it should be in LA and the defense can be anchored by JV - it would create mismatches and issues for other teams. I also think with Pau KL will be much more effective (as Pau can create for himself or set-up others). Thinking about it, I'm really starting to warm to the idea. The Raps need to start winning and consistently if the team has any hope of attracting FA's.
This. ^^^

Pau isn't injured anymore.... he started last time the Lakers played. He's been struggling this season because Kobe won't pass the damn ball.

If he was avging 20 & 10 why the hell would L.A. even CONSIDER trading him?

This is what you do as a savvy GM... you find good players who are in bad situations and acquire them while getting rid of players that YOU don't need.

Pau plays both ends and he brings championship experience. He's also good enough to create his own shot and is a legit post presence. He's also a good dude and a team player.

It's an ideal fit.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #57 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

If we could get Pau without giving up Jose, we'd have two long-time teammates playing together - huge benefit, obviously.

But in the big scheme of things, while being an upgrade over Bargs, Pau wouldn't turn us into a contender either. The team would be more fun to watch, so there is that...
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #58 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,135
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Don't be confused by a couple of wins..... this team still needs to get better if it's going to become a playoff team.

Pau is better than any big man on our roster. By FAR. And we need a reliable post presence. If you have a chance to get him you do it.
Lmao... so you would rather hvae Gsaol at 19 million then Ed Davis at 3 million. You must be high.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #59 (permalink)
"She always did enjoy a good squeeze"

Senior Member
 
Revolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 775
Representing:
Default

I understand it's only a matter of time, but I really don't want to lose Calderon.
Revolve is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
get well DeRozan

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,392
Representing:
Default

Toronto Out: Bargnani
Toronto In: Chandler, Mozgov

Denver Out: Chandler,Mozgov,Fournier
Denver In: Henderson,Thomas

Charlotte Out: Thomas,Henderson
Charlotte In: Bargnani,Fournier

Approved On NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Recap: Raps get 2 players for Bargs(a SF and an expiring big). Denver gets some additional bench scoring in Henderson. Charlotte gets a good scoring big and young SG prospect in exchange for an expiring and bad contract.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24