Worst 20 Raptors of all time - Page 2
Old 12-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Yep. Kenny Anderson.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Anyways if I had to post my worst 20 they would be (in no particular order):

Greg Foster
Kornel David
Garth Joseph
Vincenzo Esposito
Hedo Turkoglu
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Joey Graham
Aleksander Radojevic
Roko Ukic
Jason Kapono
Milt Palacio
Will Solomon
Solomon Alabi
Hassan Adams
Uros Slokar
Lamond Murray
Yogi Stewart
Lonny Baxter
Robert Archibald


Yep, that seems about right.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,933
Representing:
Default

Nate Huffman
Nathan Jawai
Robert Archibald
Luke Jackson
Haffa
Kornel David
Garth Joseph
Vincenzo Esposito
POB
Aleksander Radojevic
Roko Ukic
Jason Kapono
Milt Palacio
Will Solomon
Hassan Adams
Uros Slokar
Lamond Murray
Yogi Stewart
Lonny Baxter
Robert Archibald

Last edited by jeffb; 12-24-2011 at 05:24 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,854
Representing:
Default

Jerome Moiso!
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,854
Representing:
Default

Michael Curry!
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Anyways if I had to post my worst 20 they would be (in no particular order):

Greg Foster
Kornel David
Garth Joseph
Vincenzo Esposito
Hedo Turkoglu
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Joey Graham
Aleksander Radojevic
Roko Ukic
Jason Kapono
Milt Palacio
Will Solomon
Solomon Alabi
Hassan Adams
Uros Slokar
Lamond Murray
Yogi Stewart
Lonny Baxter
Robert Archibald


Yep, that seems about right.
There's no way Hedo and Joey beat out Moiso. And there had to be someone worse than Slokar. He could have stuck in this league a while longer as an end of the bench guy. I'd say Michael Bradley or Chris Jeffries.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Chris Jeffries MUST be on the list. MUST.

Anyways, i thought it over, looked at some here and i think i have made the most accurate list.

Here's mine (in no order):

Yogi Stewart
Mengke Bateer
Chris Jeffries
Eric Williams
Lamond Murray
Nate HUffman
Alexander Radojevic
Rafael Araujo
Michael Curry
Jerome Moiso
Loren Woods
Michael Bradley
Garth Joseph
Vincenzo Esposito
Will Soloman
Greg Foster
Jermaine Jackson
Nathan Jawai
Tyrone Corbin
Lonny Baxter.
and the sad joke that was Master P for good measure.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Man Who Does Everything

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,608
Representing:
Default

Eric Montross, Robert Archibald, Mamadou Ndiaye and the 2 banger brothers (forgot their name but chuck gave them that name) Art Long + ?
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Here's some who have no business being on any of these lists.

Eric Montross
Uros Slokar
Jaosn Kapono
Hedo Turkoglu

Sorry but those guys were good enough and in some cases were actually good.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,593
Representing:
Default

this is a bit of a tricky one to list. do we include the countless preseason fodder guys? is this about guys that actually played minutes?

i dunno. i have trouble including guys like garth joseph. he wasn't really a raptor.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
cole1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26
Representing:
Default

Jake Voskuhl
cole1212 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Scarborough, ON
Posts: 293
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Yep. Kenny Anderson.
That prick! Who was the dude before him? BJ Armstrong? I have to think back about 15 years when I was just starting high school. Memory is a little shady.
Jeremy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
www.SNL365.com

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, On
Posts: 5
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMtors View Post
Eric Montross, Robert Archibald, Mamadou Ndiaye and the 2 banger brothers (forgot their name but chuck gave them that name) Art Long + ?
That was Lonny Baxter & Archibald
SportsNewsLeader is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
www.SNL365.com

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, On
Posts: 5
Representing:
Default

Patrick O Bryant
(s)Corliss Williamson
Aaron Williams

There was another guy, a PG, he was a light-skinned black guy. Someone made an entire spoof website about him and blogged about how he played 1 min etc. I think his name was Rick or Rich or something.

[EDIT]

RICK BRUNSON!!

Last edited by SportsNewsLeader; 12-24-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Rick Brunson
SportsNewsLeader is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,224
Representing:
Default

Vince is arguably the best and worst Raptor of all time. Jalen Rose would make all top 20 lists, but he should be in any bottom 20 as well.

Both those guys had periods where they had tremendously negative impacts on the court.

Faking injuries to get out of games is pretty pathetic as far as professional sports go. That stretch where Vince was crying on the floor every game for what seems like months was probably the low point in Raptors basketball.

Jalen Rose was to smart to even try winning in Toronto so he chose to play entire games without having to sprint. Which is kind of impressive, but also deservicing of a spot in any bottom 20.


Guys like Huffman were just bad, but they didn't make the players around them bad.

Last edited by bjjs; 12-24-2011 at 10:47 PM.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,224
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsNewsLeader View Post
Patrick O Bryant
(s)Corliss Williamson


There was another guy, a PG, he was a light-skinned black guy. Someone made an entire spoof website about him and blogged about how he played 1 min etc. I think his name was Rick or Rich or something.
Rick Brunson and Corliss Williamson were both decent players.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #37 (permalink)
www.SNL365.com

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, On
Posts: 5
Representing:
Default

Rick Brunson was never a decent player. Corliss was, but not when he played for the Raptors.
SportsNewsLeader is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Chris Jeffries MUST be on the list. MUST.

Anyways, i thought it over, looked at some here and i think i have made the most accurate list.

Here's mine (in no order):

Yogi Stewart
Mengke Bateer
Chris Jeffries
Eric Williams
Lamond Murray
Nate HUffman
Alexander Radojevic
Rafael Araujo
Michael Curry
Jerome Moiso
Loren Woods
Michael Bradley
Garth Joseph
Vincenzo Esposito
Will Soloman
Greg Foster
Jermaine Jackson
Nathan Jawai
Tyrone Corbin
Lonny Baxter.
and the sad joke that was Master P for good measure.
That one is pretty good. I might only quibble with Curry, because I liked his defense.

And I like the idea that bjjs put forward about guys making the players around them bad, or worse than they were individually.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #39 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Vince is arguably the best and worst Raptor of all time. Jalen Rose would make all top 20 lists, but he should be in any bottom 20 as well.

Both those guys had periods where they had tremendously negative impacts on the court.

Faking injuries to get out of games is pretty pathetic as far as professional sports go. That stretch where Vince was crying on the floor every game for what seems like months was probably the low point in Raptors basketball.

Jalen Rose was to smart to even try winning in Toronto so he chose to play entire games without having to sprint. Which is kind of impressive, but also deservicing of a spot in any bottom 20.


Guys like Huffman were just bad, but they didn't make the players around them bad.
That's another list all together. Your points would count more towards a list of guys who had the most negative effect on Toronto not because of how bad their skill was but because of how bad they treated the team. That's where you would see guys like Carter, Rose, Turkoglu, Hakeem, etc.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

and fuck i can't believe i forgot Brunson. Such an obvious choice too.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24