Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Wolstat: Raptors' Recent Play Has Been 'Huge Encouragement' To Ujiri But... (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/wolstat-raptors-recent-play-has-been-huge-encouragement-ujiri-but-26285.html)

Ex2k 01-03-2014 01:05 PM

Wolstat: Raptors' Recent Play Has Been 'Huge Encouragement' To Ujiri But...
 
Rebuild still a possibility...:mu:

Quote:

Raptors' Recent Play Has Been 'Huge Encouragement' To Ujiri But Still Taking Long View


http://basketball.realgm.com/images/...den_101217.jpg

The Toronto Raptors have been playing excellent basketball since trading Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings in early December.

"We'll continue to evaluate the team," Masai Ujiri said on Friday. "I know it's what we keep saying but it's been a huge encouragement by the way the team has played."

The Raptors continue to explore trades despite having an excellent shot at becoming a playoff team, as Ujiri takes the longview.

"We want to be a good team we want to be a winning team, but if it's not that way, then we have to figure out a way to rebuild the team."

Via Ryan Wolstat/Toronto Sun

Kirby 01-03-2014 02:23 PM

of course. what we have now won't cut it no matter how hot they are.

Carlos Danger 01-03-2014 02:27 PM

VIVA LA TANK!!

pzabby 01-03-2014 02:36 PM

so any mention of longview means tank, rather than looking for assets that fit the longview?

yeah sure.

y'all are just reaching.

th3answ3r 01-03-2014 02:38 PM

wiggins/parker

LOG 01-03-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 849696)
so any mention of longview means tank, rather than looking for assets that fit the longview?

yeah sure.

y'all are just reaching.

Yea I agree, tank is pretty much out of the picture at this point

RAPMAN 01-03-2014 02:53 PM

Its a seller's market. Very few contenders, and many teams aiming for the 2014 Draft. Unless some of the contenders have their point guard go down, not too many attractive pieces to trade for Lowry.

The Diamond Scorpion 01-03-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 849696)
so any mention of longview means tank, rather than looking for assets that fit the longview?

yeah sure.

y'all are just reaching.

You hit the nail right on the head. One question for all the people still on pro-tank, did MU tank when he first took over the Nuggets? Answer is simply no. He made trades to acquire assets and picks. We are not gutting this team just because this draft is hyped. I can tell you right now if we gut this team and lets say we get Wiggins or any top pick and that player becomes complete shit in this league you all will be pretty pissed off for the next few years to come.

TORaptor4Ever 01-03-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion (Post 849716)
You hit the nail right on the head. One question for all the people still on pro-tank, did MU tank when he first took over the Nuggets? Answer is simply no. He made trades to acquire assets and picks. We are not gutting this team just because this draft is hyped. I can tell you right now if we gut this team and lets say we get Wiggins or any top pick and that player becomes complete shit in this league you all will be pretty pissed off for the next few years to come.

Well apparently that's impossible since Wiggins is the next Jesus and will put us on the path to winning 82 games and going 16-0 in the playoffs in a few years.

I'd really love to hear the pro-tankers play GM and take questions from the media, the season ticket holders and the sponsors as to why they took a team that had a good shot at home court advantage in the playoffs (one that was playing exceptionally well) and dismantled it for a CHANCE to draft a hyped up college kid. I think it'd be highly amusing.

bjjs 01-03-2014 04:07 PM

So Ujiri is continuing to do his job - this is great news.

The Diamond Scorpion 01-03-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 849719)
Well apparently that's impossible since Wiggins is the next Jesus and will put us on the path to winning 82 games and going 16-0 in the playoffs in a few years.

I'd really love to hear the pro-tankers play GM and take questions from the media, the season ticket holders and the sponsors as to why they took a team that had a good shot at home court advantage in the playoffs (one that was playing exceptionally well) and dismantled it for a CHANCE to draft a hyped up college kid. I think it'd be highly amusing.

Haha great post :yeah:. I stated this on another thread, but people seem to forget that Harrison Barnes was hyped as the next mega star when he arrived at college. While the guy is now a solid player in the NBA, he is by no means a franchise player.

RaptorsVictim 01-03-2014 04:59 PM

Masai is trying to hold all the cards at his hand, it is a risky approach though.

bjjs 01-03-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaptorsVictim (Post 849737)
Masai is trying to hold all the cards at his hand, it is a risky approach though.

Please elaborate...

His actions seem low-risk to me, he has been patient.

RaptorsVictim 01-03-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 849738)
Please elaborate...

His actions seem low-risk to me, he has been patient.

First of all, I am not hitting on Massai at all, I really like him. Our team is far better than last year due to many reasons - one of them is the weakness of many teams in the east - and Massai is one of them for sure.

But, I would love him to take what is given to him at the moment and does not build his philosophy just on a long run base. I mean the idea of tanking should not be his first or even his second option. We have three nice projects, JV, DD and TR and I think building a team around those three as one entity would be an amazing thing - Pistons team that won a title without one superstar-.

Kriz 01-03-2014 05:28 PM

Of course this guy will continue to think 3-5 years ahead of time, thats how people who strives for success always think.

In the mean time fans, just enjoy it.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 01-03-2014 05:31 PM

I don't understand the "but" in the title when reading the article. where is the entire article? i cannot find it on the sun or google unless posted by someone other than wolstat.

th3answ3r 01-03-2014 05:43 PM

I'm not ruling out a tank, its still a possibility. I'll still support the team

niggles 01-03-2014 05:50 PM

This is just a crock. It's posted by a pro-tanker and the " rebuild still a possibility" and Ujiri smiley are his insertion.

"We want to be a good team we want to be a winning team, but if it's not that way, then we have to figure out a way to rebuild the team."


Could just have easily been

"We want to be a good team, we want to be a winning team, but if it's that way after this, then we have to figure out a way to rebuild the team in the future."

Wouldn't be the first time someone reported a story after editing

LOG 01-03-2014 05:56 PM

Ujiri From Washington | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE TORONTO RAPTORS

jeffb 01-03-2014 05:59 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24