Wilson Chandler back from China, flies to Toronto - Page 18
Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #341 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

BC is such a horrible GM.

Paying big money to Chandler? I see a Hedo Jose situation. Anyone can put up inflated stats playing for Dantoni.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #342 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
BC is such a horrible GM.

Paying big money to Chandler? I see a Hedo Jose situation. Anyone can put up inflated stats playing for Dantoni.
LOL

What do you suggest he does genius? Who can he get here that's better than Chandler right now? I'm curious...

And you're out to lunch if you're comparing Hedo to Chandler. Not comparable in the least. Chandler plays D, doesn't need the ball in his hands,is 7yrs younger.

Last edited by jeffb; 02-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #343 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
BC is such a horrible GM.

Paying big money to Chandler? I see a Hedo Jose situation. Anyone can put up inflated stats playing for Dantoni.
Plus one. His numbers dropped off considerably in denver. Beware.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #344 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
LOL

What do you suggest he does genius? Who can he get here that's better than Chandler right now?
Anthony Davis/Michael Kidd Gilchrist/Bradley Beal.

Sit and do nothing and unload Jose and Barbosa for a pick or two.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #345 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Plus one. His numbers dropped off considerably in denver. Beware.
Seriously we don't need guys who come to Toronto to get their big payday.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #346 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Anthony Davis/Michael Kidd Gilchrist/Bradley Beal.

Sit and do nothing and unload Jose and Barbosa for a pick or two.
We'll likely still get one of those players and we can't just draft and not add any established talent. At some point you have capspace and you have to aquire assets aside from the crap shoot that is the NBA draft. And Chandler is only 24....it isn't as if we're signing a 33yr old.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #347 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,507
Representing:
Default

We aren't exactly in a position to be picky about players that want to play for us.

Chandler would be a great building block for the future. I don't know about you guys, but I plan on the Raptors getting out of this rut of mediocrity someday.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #348 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Seriously we don't need guys who come to Toronto to get their big payday.
you're just being ridiculous. If you aren't willing to spend, you're not going to get anybody. Who the hell do you want? players on rookie scale contracts and expirings? head up.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #349 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
We aren't exactly in a position to be picky about players that want to play for us.

Chandler would be a great building block for the future. I don't know about you guys, but I plan on getting out of this mediocre rut that we've been in someday.
exactly. People are talking like he's a scrub or nothing more than a marginal starter.

not even enough of an upgrade to trade Barbosa or replace JJ in the starting lineup apparently.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #350 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Plus one. His numbers dropped off considerably in denver. Beware.
Take a good look at the shot attempts in NY vs Denver. In NY he took more shots on a shittier team. In Denver he had a lot more talent around him and took less shots. He still shot the ball well and played very good defence.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #351 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
We'll likely still get one of those players and we can't just draft and not add any established talent. At some point you have capspace and you have to aquire assets aside from the crap shoot that is the NBA draft. And Chandler is only 24....it isn't as if we're signing a 33yr old.
I'll go further and say don't add any established talent unless you get that superstar or perennial all star, either through the draft or free agency or trade.

Last edited by fk24; 02-27-2012 at 08:58 PM.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #352 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
I'll go further and say don't add any established talent unless you get that superstar or perennial all star, either through the draft or free agency.
it kinda works the other way around dude... you don't win the lottery before buying the ticket.
edit: haha jeff.

Last edited by Kirby; 02-27-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #353 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
I'll go further and say don't add any established talent unless you get that superstar or perennial all star, either through the draft or free agency.
.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #354 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,507
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
exactly. People are talking like he's a scrub or nothing more than a marginal starter.

not even enough of an upgrade to trade Barbosa or replace JJ in the starting lineup apparently.
I've been on the trade Barbosa bandwagon for more than 2 months, so I'll just leave that for now.

James is the perfect fit as a back up forward that plays 20-30 minutes a game. Brings energy off the bench and is easily one of the better shutdown guys on the team.

Let's say we do trade Barbosa and grab Brad Beal in the draft. A wing rotation of:

DeRozan/Beal
Chandler/Johnson

Is pretty darn good, especially once they get a few more years under their belt.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #355 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
.
Yep. I don't want a team that competes for 7th 8th place every season. I want that top 5 pick.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #356 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I've been on the trade Barbosa bandwagon for more than 2 months, so I'll just leave that for now.

James is the perfect fit as a back up forward that plays 20-30 minutes a game. Brings energy off the bench and is easily one of the better shutdown guys on the team.

Let's say we do trade Barbosa and grab Brad Beal in the draft. A wing rotation of:

DeRozan/Beal
Chandler/Johnson

Is pretty darn good, especially once they get a few more years under their belt.
is Beal good? I have never seen him play, but I would target Lamb.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #357 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Why should we pay 10 million for a guy just cause he put decent numbers on the Knicks? Any Scrub can do that.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #358 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,507
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
is Beal good? I have never seen him play, but I would target Lamb.
Eric Gordon type player. Better suited for that type of situation than Lamb I'd say.

Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #359 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,787
Representing:
Default

never liked undersized sgs.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #360 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Why should we pay for a guy 10 million just cause he put decent numbers on the Knicks? Any Scrub can do that.
Good lord. First of all where the hell are you getting the number of 10 Million? Second of all, the guy is 24yrs old, plays D and can shoot the ball and can even create for himself and he doesn't constantly need the ball in his hands. If he can play D at 22yrs old in a D'Antoni system think of what he could be like here under Casey. I think he'd be a great fit here and our depth at SF would be set for years with him and JJ.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24