Will Bosh get the "VC treatment" if he decides to leave?

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: What will do when Bosh returns to the ACC with his new team? (God forbid)
Boo him 9 14.29%
Applaud him 54 85.71%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,507
Representing:
Will Bosh get the "VC treatment" if he decides to leave?

Lets say things don't work out in the off-season and Chris decides he either A) wants a sign & trade or B) just plain wants to walk. The next time he comes back to play in TO with his new team, will you boo him or applaud him? Personally, I think it all depends on how messy the situation is. If Bosh leaves and thanks Toronto for all they've done for him (ala Roy Halladay), I say applaud. But if its Vince Carter 2.0, things could get ugly...
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rob Ford's dopeman.

Senior Member
 
Febreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anywhere there's Internet
Posts: 2,845
Representing:
Default

I'd cheer...hope everyone else would too.
Febreezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,935
Representing:
Default

Applaud him. Chris Bosh isn't making any promises, so him leaving is up to him an he's done nothing but embrace the city and it's fans.

Vince Carter signed an extension, then halfway through that extension he whined, complained, said he wouldn't dunk and essentially held this team hostage until he was dealt for absolute garbage because he was so public with his displeasure. Then when he was dealt he went on ESPN and said he didn't always try hard (essentially coasted) while in Toronto and that now that he was in NJ it made him want to attack the rim. Those reasons and attitude are what people hate about Vince.

Chris Bosh on the other has signed an extension, has been here 7 years and has embraced the city. He's handling this impending Free Agency as good as anyone could in saying he'll deal with it in the summer and leaving his options open, which he is entitled to do. And if he decides to leave and agrees to a S&T that nets us some decent talent in return, and doesn't bad mouth the city/organization (which would shock me if he did) then nobody should boo him. Even though their will always be some that will. He's been nothing but class while playing here.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
disgusted by the status quo

Senior Member
 
zululegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff
Applaud him. Chris Bosh isn't making any promises, so him leaving is up to him an he's done nothing but embrace the city and it's fans.

Vince Carter signed an extension, then halfway through that extension he whined, complained, said he wouldn't dunk and essentially held this team hostage until he was dealt for absolute garbage because he was so public with his displeasure. Then when he was dealt he went on ESPN and said he didn't always try hard (essentially coasted) while in Toronto and that now that he was in NJ it made him want to attack the rim. Those reasons and attitude are what people hate about Vince.

Chris Bosh on the other has signed an extension, has been here 7 years and has embraced the city. He's handling this impending Free Agency as good as anyone could in saying he'll deal with it in the summer and leaving his options open, which he is entitled to do. And if he decides to leave and agrees to a S&T that nets us some decent talent in return, and doesn't bad mouth the city/organization (which would shock me if he did) then nobody should boo him. Even though their will always be some that will. He's been nothing but class while playing here.
You hit the nail right on it's head. The guy is a legend and is classy on and off the court.
zululegend is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,330
Representing:
Default

Who ever boo's him is an ignorant fan. He will get a standing ovation
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
hopelessly waiting for raptors offseason moves

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 145
Representing:
Default

lol i booed him by accident my bad u guys
liquidswordz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,440
Representing:
Default

I'm pretty sure he'll get booed especially if they get clocked by the cavs
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
feeling the wind

Senior Member
 
LJkAze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,670
Representing:
Default

There is one Raptor that I'll never boo in my life which is Morris Peterson and Bosh if he leaves.
LJkAze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,582
Representing:
Default

depends where he goes,

if he signs with wade and lebron can't really get mad at him

but if he leaves to teams like new jersey, new york and chicago without wade and lebron you should boo this shit out of him

basically if he doesn't sign with the big free agents really there isnt any reason to leave toronto, especially his reasoning for leaving is winning, well to win you have to do it with lebron or wade

it goes both ways, everyone says oh the Raptors aren't going to win he has to leave, but the Raptors are the reason why he is who he is, the spent years developing him, making hte main guy, you wonder if he would be as good as he is with another team

if you look att he Raptors organization as a whole and which players come here, we usually get the most out of them, you rarely see a raptor be more successful somewhere else

we spent time developing guys, andrea Bargnani finally developing, now where working on demar, sonny showing life, even jose calderon, Raptors are pretty good organization that way

Last edited by rapsmannn; 04-03-2010 at 02:34 AM.
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
ballin'

Senior Member
 
Abdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
depends where he goes,

if he signs with wade and lebron can't really get mad at him

but if he leaves to teams like new jersey, new york and chicago without wade and lebron you should boo this shit out of him

basically if he doesn't sign with the big free agents really there isnt any reason to leave toronto, especially his reasoning for leaving is winning, well to win you have to do it with lebron or wade
that is a really flawed way of thinking, who are we to say where he goes and what he does, and where he feels most comfortable living for the next couple of years, it doesn't all ways have to be about wining...

Props to CB4, he's a real good dude, well spoken, and gave a 100% to this team, so whatever he decides on, wishing him the best and in NO WAY should he booed if he leaves. NO WAY
Abdiesel is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Default

I dont undestand why fans still boo Carter, it just motivates him even more. Plus your making him feel special when you boo. The crowd should go silent everytime Carter touches the ball, see what happens.
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,314
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdiesel View Post
that is a really flawed way of thinking, who are we to say where he goes and what he does, and where he feels most comfortable living for the next couple of years, it doesn't all ways have to be about wining...

Props to CB4, he's a real good dude, well spoken, and gave a 100% to this team, so whatever he decides on, wishing him the best and in NO WAY should he booed if he leaves. NO WAY
He just meant if Bosh were to leave he should be going to a contender or atleast a potential one because Bosh has said before that winning is now the #1 priority(probably along the same lines with money) and that he is very eager to play for a winner and understandably so. He's not getting any younger. Just thinking of him going to play for teams like New York, New Jersey, Chicago, it would be just a waste of time for him. Unless those teams are ready to sign and deal for bigger names, what's the point of Bosh leaving for them? He'll get the money he wants here, He's very fond of Toronto and this is the place where he made his name and matured. And who knows, Toronto could be a contender in the near future, we sure do have young talent. All we need is an Iggy, Maggette, Butler type player, a defensive mindset and we are a top tier team. BC has made good Raptor teams in the past(06-07), and all of his acquisitions from this past offseason were the right ones(other than Hedo's large contract). I'm sure Bosh has faith in BC to bring in bigger names and BC knows what he's doing.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

I don't think he'll be on the same level as Doc
there are jays fans that want to Phillies to win just to see Doc get a ring
I don't see the same for Bosh, but he won't end up like VC unless he fucks up at the end
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,935
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I don't think he'll be on the same level as Doc
there are jays fans that want to Phillies to win just to see Doc get a ring
I don't see the same for Bosh, but he won't end up like VC unless he fucks up at the end
Bosh was the biggest sports figure in Toronto when Doc was here and he is currently the biggest sports figure now that Doc is gone.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,228
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
depends where he goes,

if he signs with wade and lebron can't really get mad at him

but if he leaves to teams like new jersey, new york and chicago without wade and lebron you should boo this shit out of him
Why?

You dont think he can win playing along side Derrick Rose?

or

You dont think he can be on a winning team in NJ with devin harris and say John Wall if they get the 1st overall pick?

or

In New York if the knicks sign Joe Johnson and him to both max deals?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Bosh was the biggest sports figure in Toronto when Doc was here and he is currently the biggest sports figure now that Doc is gone.
Doc was a Blue Jay since '98 (in the Jays organization since '95), Bosh, a raptor since '03
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Is the Vince Carter treatment booing star players and motivating them to hit buzzer beaters on our face?

If that's the treatment, I hope we don't boo Bosh.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,440
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Doc was a Blue Jay since '98 (in the Jays organization since '95), Bosh, a raptor since '03
plus doc was is the best competitor in all of baseball and I'm not exaggerating, even if his teams up 10 and he made a bad pitch he's disgusted. You can tell he never really wanted to leave toronto but it was better for both sides he always gave it his all and it's unfortunate he never won a ring here and that's why he'll never be booed even if say somehow the jays/phillies are in the world series and halladay wins game 7
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Falling asleep

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Applaud him. Chris Bosh isn't making any promises, so him leaving is up to him an he's done nothing but embrace the city and it's fans.

Vince Carter signed an extension, then halfway through that extension he whined, complained, said he wouldn't dunk and essentially held this team hostage until he was dealt for absolute garbage because he was so public with his displeasure. Then when he was dealt he went on ESPN and said he didn't always try hard (essentially coasted) while in Toronto and that now that he was in NJ it made him want to attack the rim. Those reasons and attitude are what people hate about Vince.

Chris Bosh on the other has signed an extension, has been here 7 years and has embraced the city. He's handling this impending Free Agency as good as anyone could in saying he'll deal with it in the summer and leaving his options open, which he is entitled to do. And if he decides to leave and agrees to a S&T that nets us some decent talent in return, and doesn't bad mouth the city/organization (which would shock me if he did) then nobody should boo him. Even though their will always be some that will. He's been nothing but class while playing here.
Exaclty I have immense respect for Bosh, he has handled himself so well while here even though we had bad coaching and people can complain all they want about him, he is the most classiest player we will ever have.

I pray he leaves Toronto, he deserves far better than this shit here in T.O
Raptors_fan202 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,935
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Doc was a Blue Jay since '98 (in the Jays organization since '95), Bosh, a raptor since '03
So? Bosh has more star power and recognition in Toronto. More basketball fans then baseball fans in Toronto.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24