Why Does Kleiza have Guaranteed Starting minutes?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default Why Does Kleiza have Guaranteed Starting minutes?

Minutes should be earned. Not handed to you because of name or your international accomplishments. This guy is making me miss Sonny Weems. BADDLYY.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Default

everyone talks about a chucker..this guy's middle name should be that.
Only saw parts of the game today but this whole season, has anyone ever worked on his footwork? Ive seen him get called for travelling so many times, its Ridiculous!
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,576
Representing:
Default

Kleiza is inconsistent with his jump shot.

Has anyone noticed that almost all of our shooters are inconsistent? If we're going to get a shooter, find one that actually shoots with consistency.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 242
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Minutes should be earned. Not handed to you because of name or your international accomplishments. This guy is making me miss Sonny Weems. BADDLYY.
Is there anyone better than him right now? I'm sorry but Julian Wright hasn't done anything to deserve starting minutes either. If Weems was here, at least there would be some competition and you could ride whoever was doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Kleiza is inconsistent with his jump shot.

Has anyone noticed that almost all of our shooters are inconsistent? If we're going to get a shooter, find one that actually shoots with consistency.
They are not really shooters other than Bargnani and Peja who is injured. Those are the only guys that can knock down shots from anywhere and consistently (Peja not so much anymore). Kleiza, DeRozen, Wright, Weems are all better at driving in and getting buckets around the rim. They'll get shots down occasionally but they are simply not good enough to take and make jump shots consistently.
Kobe>LeBron is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

He is what he is. I have always thought he was a defense liability at the 3 spot. He doesn't have the speed to make up for his lack of size. That being said Traino wants him to be a spot up shooter, who is only given the green light to go the basket if he gets his man off the ground. His role on this team is to be a chucker, a bail out man, stand at the 3 pt elbow and chuck.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,739
Representing:
Default

I'd settle for a shooter that shoots instead of dribbling too much while the front rim calls out to him and makes it impossible for him to avoid trying to drive or post-up. If only hitting front rim counted for something. We'd be talking All-Star.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

I like Wright, but him starting isn't the answer imo. Him playing 28-30mpg would have everyone frustrated as much as anyone. He turns the ball over as well, can't score and at times makes bonehead plays/passes. Play him 20-22mpg off the bench consistently and that's good enough.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Raptors suck

Senior Member
 
tdotballing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 727
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
He is what he is. I have always thought he was a defense liability at the 3 spot. He doesn't have the speed to make up for his lack of size. That being said Traino wants him to be a spot up shooter, who is only given the green light to go the basket if he gets his man off the ground. His role on this team is to be a chucker, a bail out man, stand at the 3 pt elbow and chuck.

What lack of size? He's 6'8 and 245, how is that small for a 3? Also I don't think hes been given the role you say of spot up shooter. Jay goes to him in the post quite a bit every game.
tdotballing is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

i think his role isn't necessarily a spot up shooter but his role is to be offensive minded, only problem with him is his offensive minded means shoot first pass almost never and his only other problem is he over dribbles the ball, but if he started limiting those problems he'd be ok, the misses are misses, his ability to score it is there so i can't fault him when the shot is there to shoot it
this is not weems we're talking about here, weems is just a straight up chucker who doesn't have the ability to shoot but thinks he does, especially from 3
when kleiza shoots a 3 i can see he's a 3 point shooter and think it has a decent chance to go in, right now maybe not because his shot has been off
but when weems shoots a 3, it just brings me back to the jamario days where my only reaction is why? you can't make that
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
is camped out in the corner

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,245
Representing:
Default

Man ... Klieza had such a sweet stroke and could never miss in the worlds and in preseason... WTF happened...

this is quite the long shooting slump it seems...
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
WINNING

Member
 
surreyjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 263
Representing:
Default

It seems like Kleiza doesn't give a fuck now that he signed that contract. This team isn't going anywhere so he's just like fuck it...
surreyjack is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

he is tanking
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
he is tanking
exactly. got to give props to kleiza
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,460
Representing:
Default

yeah he tanks !!! lol !

but if he tank, can we eject him in some european team, and hets a real SF player.

he is not so young, even at 26, and he has experience so i don't know what is he problem.
if triano continue to give him minutes and he does his Hedo, i don't know how ake this team win.

we need to buy out him and find another player. weems as backup will be great.
take back Tmac at least he is way better even with 7years more.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotballing View Post
What lack of size? He's 6'8 and 245, how is that small for a 3? Also I don't think hes been given the role you say of spot up shooter. Jay goes to him in the post quite a bit every game.
Sorry, Lack was the wrong word. He doesn't have the speed to make up for his size. When you put him in the post with the likes of Tyshawn (last night) he doesn't match well against length. When he is on the perimeter he doesn't match up well against athletic wings. He is an awkward fit. His main role is a spot up shooter. Sure he gets to finish some fast break opportunities, and a few cuts under the basket. Traino is not running plays to him in the post with regularity, because it is a failed experiment. He is a offensive minded player who has difficulty off the dribble and is not that great with his back to the basket. The conclusion being that he best serves this team by spreading the floor, face up with his jump shot, which is streaky, thats why people are calling him a chucker. I was trying to express thats kind of his role in the starting line up.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

he's a good fit for this team like he would be a good fit on any team, but his fit should be off the bench where all he has to do is score, problem here is we have nobody better than him worth replacing him in the starting lineup
there is no better skilled player or young talent worth giving the minutes to over him
the team got him not for the role he is in, he's here because when the team hopefully gets good in the coming years we will have a highly skilled player off the bench
and everyone needs to face the fact that our team just isn't that good and our talent level right now is low
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
he's a good fit for this team like he would be a good fit on any team, but his fit should be off the bench where all he has to do is score, problem here is we have nobody better than him worth replacing him in the starting lineup
there is no better skilled player or young talent worth giving the minutes to over him
the team got him not for the role he is in, he's here because when the team hopefully gets good in the coming years we will have a highly skilled player off the bench
and everyone needs to face the fact that our team just isn't that good and our talent level right now is low
We're a better team when Wright is on the floor than this guy. Thats what matters. Wrights passing > Kleiza, Defense > Kleiza, overall IQ > Kleiza, rebounding > Kleiza. Only thing Kleiza has on him is scoring. Scoring is not the only skill that matters.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
We're a better team when Wright is on the floor than this guy. Thats what matters. Wrights passing > Kleiza, Defense > Kleiza, overall IQ > Kleiza, rebounding > Kleiza. Only thing Kleiza has on him is scoring. Scoring is not the only skill that matters.

Passing, Kleiza--Wright (Both turn the ball over, Wright made 2 stupid passes last night)
Defence Kleiza<Wright
Overall IQ, Kleiza--Wright (Neither has a huge basketball IQ)
Rebounding, Kleiza--Wright (Both rebound the ball well)
Scoring, Kleiza>Wright (Kleiza is better offensively)
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Everyone hates everyone cause team sucks. Is not Bargnanis fault he is the best player on this team. and its not Kleiza's fault hes a best SF on this team. Look at the roster, you hatin all the best players on this team.
Fk, and how you noticed Wright is better rebounder? Kleiza is good def. rebounder, I don't see he is worse than Julian.
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Passing, Kleiza--Wright (Both turn the ball over, Wright made 2 stupid passes last night)
Defence Kleiza<Wright
Overall IQ, Kleiza--Wright (Neither has a huge basketball IQ)
Rebounding, Kleiza--Wright (Both rebound the ball well)
Scoring, Kleiza>Wright (Kleiza is better offensively)
Wright is a much better passer than Kleiza. Don't be fooled by the numbers. He also has a better IQ because he plays the game in a way that is much more beneficial to the team. You're argument isn't making any sense.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24