Why didnít Turk get traded Thursday night?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 22,046
Representing:
Arrow Why didnít Turk get traded Thursday night?

Quote:
Why didnít Turk get traded Thursday night?

Well, one theory espoused in the last couple of days by people who chatter is that because of the Bosh uncertainty, Bryan wants to wait to see what happens there before divesting himself of another talent and leaving his cupboard even more bare.

I guess I can see the logic in that Ė see what he can get for Bosh before seeing what he needs to get for Turkoglu Ė but I believe that if thereís a deal out there for Turk right now, heís got to do it and worry about the consequences of the Bosh thing later.

I am told there are ďa handful of teamsĒ out there looking for Turk possibilities (one of them to kick the tires was Orlando, according to this story from my man Brian) and I think Bryan needs to be more active in getting a deal done sooner rather than later.
LINK - Toronto Star
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,710
Representing:
Default

Turk for Pietrus/filler and call it a day.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Turk for Sammy D and call it a day.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blazin!

Senior Member
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 481
Representing:
Default

Turk to The Celtics in exchange for Avery Bradley
Liam is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,066
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Turk for Sammy D and call it a day.
Why do you want Dalembert so badly? I'm just curious....
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,911
Representing:
Default

Turk / Bargs / whatever else to Orlando / NOH and get CP3 and call it a day.
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,066
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Hell do a Turk for Biedrins deal (GS likes ball handling forwards) and allows for Curry and Ellis to be used as scorers.

Biedrins gives us rebounding and defense.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Why do you want Dalembert so badly? I'm just curious....
Big expiring, fills a need very nicely until a young guy is better suited to start, if sammy was the only addition above what is already here from bigmen(of couse minus Bosh) I think that Sammy D would be a much better fit with Bargs than Amir in the starting lineup.

Not to mention he is a highly athletic center who is a very very good rebounder and shotblocker who came into the league very raw, could only help a guy like Alabi develop at a quicker pace. It would solidify another position on the floor for the near future until others develop,

If the only other offseason change was adding Sammy D and getting rid of Hedo we would then have roughly 25 million coming off the books at seasons end. Hopefully a Bosh deal nets at least some expirings and we can lose another big contract(Jose) if a deal isnt worked out asidfe from that.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,066
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Big expiring, fills a need very nicely until a young guy is better suited to start, if sammy was the only addition above what is already here from bigmen(of couse minus Bosh) I think that Sammy D would be a much better fit with Bargs than Amir in the starting lineup.

Not to mention he is a highly athletic center who is a very very good rebounder and shotblocker who came into the league very raw, could only help a guy like Alabi develop at a quicker pace. It would solidify another position on the floor for the near future until others develop,

If the only other offseason change was adding Sammy D and getting rid of Hedo we would then have roughly 25 million coming off the books at seasons end. Hopefully a Bosh deal nets at least some expirings and we can lose another big contract(Jose) if a deal isnt worked out asidfe from that.
See, I'd agree with you to a point that expirings are important to this team, but only to prepare itself for the new CBA. If it's done to lure free agents, then we're working backwards.

You see Dalembert as an athletic center etc. I see a guy who has an ego, tries when he wants to, stops trying when things don't go his way, isn't much of a defender beyond his shot blocking abilities. So, in effect, everything that is wrong with this team.

If I want to develop Alabi, you bring in a former player to help work with him. Off the top of my mind I think of Dikembe Mutombo (who he's been compared to) just to help him work with the nuances of playing defence in the NBA. It's a better route to take then simply bringing in a player with a history of being somewhat selfish.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
If I want to develop Alabi, you bring in a former player to help work with him. Off the top of my mind I think of Dikembe Mutombo (who he's been compared to) just to help him work with the nuances of playing defence in the NBA. It's a better route to take then simply bringing in a player with a history of being somewhat selfish.
Thank you! Now I don't have to post the same thoughts. Alabi would be estatic to work with Mutombo, learning the ins and outs and the little things to make you successful in the NBA.

Dalembert is a total cancer. Don't want him anywhere near this team.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,299
Representing:
Default

turk for sammy d
turk for pietrus and gortat
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
is looking at an LCD screen

Member
 
pigspigs76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
If I want to develop Alabi, you bring in a former player to help work with him. Off the top of my mind I think of Dikembe Mutombo (who he's been compared to) just to help him work with the nuances of playing defence in the NBA. It's a better route to take then simply bringing in a player with a history of being somewhat selfish.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops View Post
Thank you! Now I don't have to post the same thoughts. Alabi would be estatic to work with Mutombo, learning the ins and outs and the little things to make you successful in the NBA.

Dalembert is a total cancer. Don't want him anywhere near this team.
+2
pigspigs76 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
feeling the wind

Senior Member
 
LJkAze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,032
Representing:
Default

didn't GSW say they like Barg; I say trade Barg+caldy to GSW and get us Monta Ellis+Anthony Randolph and we get a done deal. Bosh stays and we get rid of Hedo to Wizard for Arenas then all will be perfect.
LJkAze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Blazin!

Senior Member
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 481
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJkAze View Post
didn't GSW say they like Barg; I say trade Barg+caldy to GSW and get us Monta Ellis+Anthony Randolph and we get a done deal. Bosh stays and we get rid of Hedo to Wizard for Arenas then all will be perfect.
Very nice trade there, Especially Randolph who will bring the Toughness + Strength that Andrea dosen't have
Liam is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
feeling the wind

Senior Member
 
LJkAze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,032
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Very nice trade there, Especially Randolph who will bring the Toughness + Strength that Andrea dosen't have
If it was only that easy Liam; if it only was...... I dont want Andrea to be our next franchise and I will never accept it if that ever happens. Andrea is not bad but I cant see him carry our team; If we get Randolph and Bosh decides to not say I see our keep going to Randolph ^_^

Last edited by LJkAze; 06-25-2010 at 12:59 PM.
LJkAze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 895
Representing:
Default

this is retarded, newsflash: Chris is not resigning if we don't bring anyone in LOL, more like BC is waiting to see what we get in a sign and trade with Chris before trading Hedo to further address team needs.
jrob23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Blazin!

Senior Member
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 481
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJkAze View Post
If it was only that easy Liam; if it only was...... I dont want Andrea to be our next franchise and I will never accept it if that ever happens. Andrea is not bad but I cant see him carry our team; If we get Randolph and Bosh decides to not say I see our keep going to Randolph ^_^
Yeah i like Randolph alot, Dude is only 20 + the sky is the limit for the Kid. And yeah if Randolph was available then Im sure BC would look into it, even it means trading the Number 1 pick from 06
Liam is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
See, I'd agree with you to a point that expirings are important to this team, but only to prepare itself for the new CBA. If it's done to lure free agents, then we're working backwards.

You see Dalembert as an athletic center etc. I see a guy who has an ego, tries when he wants to, stops trying when things don't go his way, isn't much of a defender beyond his shot blocking abilities. So, in effect, everything that is wrong with this team.

If I want to develop Alabi, you bring in a former player to help work with him. Off the top of my mind I think of Dikembe Mutombo (who he's been compared to) just to help him work with the nuances of playing defence in the NBA. It's a better route to take then simply bringing in a player with a history of being somewhat selfish.
Cap space doesn't have to be used for the sole purpose of signing free-agents. For instance, OKC traded two draft picks for Aldrich (projected top 10 draftee) and took on Mo Peterson's contract. They were able to do this thanks to the available cap room.
I agree with your Biedrins trade, in that, he plays D and hits the glass. But if both Bosh and Bargnani stay, then it wouldn't make any sense. In contrast, acquiring Dalembert would give you an expiring who, regardless of production, will always have value - due to the fact he's an expiring.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,467
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Hell do a Turk for Biedrins deal (GS likes ball handling forwards) and allows for Curry and Ellis to be used as scorers.

Biedrins gives us rebounding and defense.
Biedrins is supposedly being traded to Denver for Kenyon Martin's expiring contract. The deal can't be announced until August due to some clauses.

And that's the thing we all need to remember: GS is preparing for new ownership. They don't want any long term financial commitments. They want cheap talent or expirings. The Warriors will NOT take Jose, Hedo or any other longer contracts. Even though they used to like Bargnani, it's possible they won't even take him, since he has 5 years on his new deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops View Post

Dalembert is a total cancer. Don't want him anywhere near this team.
Before we drafted Davis and Alabi, I was okay with having him for one year. Now that we have 2 new bigs, it does seem risky to bring him in. However, the deal is tempting because he expires. Poof! Hedo's final 3 years are cleared from the books.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
See, I'd agree with you to a point that expirings are important to this team, but only to prepare itself for the new CBA. If it's done to lure free agents, then we're working backwards.

You see Dalembert as an athletic center etc. I see a guy who has an ego, tries when he wants to, stops trying when things don't go his way, isn't much of a defender beyond his shot blocking abilities. So, in effect, everything that is wrong with this team.

If I want to develop Alabi, you bring in a former player to help work with him. Off the top of my mind I think of Dikembe Mutombo (who he's been compared to) just to help him work with the nuances of playing defence in the NBA. It's a better route to take then simply bringing in a player with a history of being somewhat selfish.
Dalembert has his setbacks without a doubt, but they are definately less than Hedos and it is only for one year. He is an asset. Great shotblocker, Great rebounder as well. Would have no problems letting him go here for a year.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24