Who's Raptors Personal Story is Better? - Page 2

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: Who's personal Raptors story is better?
Basketbawful: "LeBron versus Jalen: The Untold Story" 2 12.50%
Benzo: "My Mo Story" 11 68.75%
Neither ... I have a better one to share 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Was partying with a bunch of friends at our local lake when we heard that this girl was also partying with a lot of people at a cottage down there. So being the rednecks that we all are we thought we would go introduce ourselve and welcome her there.

We brought our barbeque, lots of food, lots of booze, lots of other stuff and lots of people and walked up the beach to through her a proper party.(should add that the beach was not private)

When we all got there she came around with this attitude that she was better than everybody there and us all being small town people that dont fly so good. So after talking to her and trying to explain that no one meant any harm she turned her back to me and called me an asshole in front of all my people.

When I told her not to turn her bak on someone like that when they are talking to them and to show me the respect I deserve she slapped me and said something along the lines of "theres you respect"

Thats when I climbed on top her ltlle bmw or mercedez looking car and proceeded to piss in the sunroof. My buddies actually kicked out the front window and busted the windows out the cottage.

It was a really good party.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,644
Representing:
Default

nice story but SJ's shaq story was better
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Ya know I don't wanna play devils advocate here but...

...If I was a pseudo celeb, good looking girl that wanted to go relax at a cottage, and a bunch of guys toting booze came to my door wanting to party, I may be a little disturbed as well..
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Ya know I don't wanna play devils advocate here but...

...If I was a pseudo celeb, good looking girl that wanted to go relax at a cottage, and a bunch of guys toting booze came to my door wanting to party, I may be a little disturbed as well..
Yeah but there was already like a 100 people there and I showed up with like 50 more. Wasnt all guys there was a lot of girls too. It was a typical beach bash. Thing is the girl who's parents owned the cottage went to my school. Everyone knows everyone where I am from.

No one else had a problem, just her, and Im not saying she didnt have a right too but my reaction at the time was to whip it out.'

Cost me a 1,000 bucks and a night in jail but I still feel it was worth it.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Awesome.

Simply.

Awesome.

I have a soulmate.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

And they say that fan loyalty can't be bought....
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,604
Representing:
Default

I gotta say. Remembering and reading Benz's story again get me the chills

I like Mo too, I've always liked him. Mostly because of the time I met him too. Not a big story but still made me like him a lot.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Mo Peterson is a great Guy. I had media access back when Vince Carter did his all-star games. Had good fortune to meet a lot of NBA players based on those events. Mo has to be my favourite of those I met with Jerome Williams a strong 2nd.

I struck up a conversation with Mo based on him being from Flint Michigan and myself being from Hamilton. The two cities compete in something called the Canusa Games which is like a mini version of a local Olympics. Mo being an athlete from Flint I figured he must have taken part as Basketball is on of the things that is played. He in fact did. We had a really nice chat about our hometowns and a whole bunch of stuff. He even remembered me the following summer when I had returned to cover the game again.

For the most part I have had few bad experiences with NBA players in my limited chance to interact with them. The fact they make a lot of money is true but they are human beings and the conversation I had with Mo was a reminder of that for me. I have no idea if I had anything to do with it but about a month later on Raptors T.V Mo was doing an interview and talked all about his experience playing in the Canusa games which I thought was pretty cool.

Last edited by Dino Blogger; 08-14-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Cause Claudius Was Right lol
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Hey Dino, it's CANUSA (fellow Hamiltonian)
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Hey Dino, it's CANUSA (fellow Hamiltonian)
*whew*...I thought it had something to do with "doggy style"
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
*whew*...I thought it had something to do with "doggy style"
And here I thought he left out an "i" and "b" from the middle...
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

I was sure Mo would've competed in the Herptathalon.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
I was sure Mo would've competed in the Herptathalon.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
I was sure Mo would've competed in the Herptathalon.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,644
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
I was sure Mo would've competed in the Herptathalon.
LMAO
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

This one time, Vince Carter's Mom woowhooed my yodelayhewho.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database
 
ClingRap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The far side of the Universe.
Posts: 1,953
Representing:
Default

I once shared an elevator with Mark Eaton and Karl Malone. I was 12, going to see the Jazz play the Bulls at the Skydome in 1990. My dad and I got there early, so we headed to windows for the breakfast buffet. We got on the elevator with one other guy, a squirrely, shifty dude, standing in front of the buttons but not offering to punch ours.
I remember my dad having to move him out of the way to push the floor we wanted.
Two guys shouted to hold the elevator.
The squirrel checks his watch and rolls his eyes.
I stick my foot out to hold the doors and in walks in Eaton (mountain beard and all) and the Mailman. I was sporting my Utah Jazz "32" jersey.
Malone says "thanks kid, nice shirt." Eaton nods. I had never before been this close to anyone even near the size of these two. Eaton was 7'5" I think, though not very coordinated. He had some trouble with keeping the runny eggs off of his pearly white warmups. I digress.
They get in and the squirrely dude, who looked like more of a hockey guy, not knowing who these two were pipes in "nice outfits.." and snickers, as Malone and Eaton were sporting their warmups.
Malone's like whatever man, and Eaton shoots the guy a look like, "I will kill you where you stand mutherfucker." He might not have been thinking that, but he had this deathly serious look about him. Maybe that's how the Mountain Man rolled.
Anyway, we get off the elevator and head for breakfast. The squirrely dude cuts in front of Eaton at the buffet line, and makes a crack about how for being at a buffet is about the only time it pays to be short.
Malone laughs and Eaton just stares the dude down. Malone tells him to relax but Eaton's got this look on his face. We go and sit at our separate table while i get up the nerve to go ask Malone to sign my jersey.
We sit down to see Malone and Eaton heading to the elevators with their plates.
The squirrely dude yells over something about the elevator being too cramped for them to eat in. Eaton stops and he's got that look again. Malone ushers him off.
I know, not as good as pissing in someone's sunroof or getting a benjamin from Mopete, but it's all i got.
and i didnt get my jersey signed.

PS. I liked Benzo's story more.

Last edited by ClingRap; 08-15-2008 at 01:20 AM.
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:59 AM   #38 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
CourtVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 21
Representing:
Default

definitely have to go with Basketbawful's story, I've always been a Jalen fan.
CourtVision is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #39 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Did I mention that Shaq and I also spent the night together, talking about world politics and writing rap lyrics?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #40 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
I once shared an elevator with Mark Eaton and Karl Malone. I was 12, going to see the Jazz play the Bulls at the Skydome in 1990. My dad and I got there early, so we headed to windows for the breakfast buffet. We got on the elevator with one other guy, a squirrely, shifty dude, standing in front of the buttons but not offering to punch ours.
I remember my dad having to move him out of the way to push the floor we wanted.
Two guys shouted to hold the elevator.
The squirrel checks his watch and rolls his eyes.
I stick my foot out to hold the doors and in walks in Eaton (mountain beard and all) and the Mailman. I was sporting my Utah Jazz "32" jersey.
Malone says "thanks kid, nice shirt." Eaton nods. I had never before been this close to anyone even near the size of these two. Eaton was 7'5" I think, though not very coordinated. He had some trouble with keeping the runny eggs off of his pearly white warmups. I digress.
They get in and the squirrely dude, who looked like more of a hockey guy, not knowing who these two were pipes in "nice outfits.." and snickers, as Malone and Eaton were sporting their warmups.
Malone's like whatever man, and Eaton shoots the guy a look like, "I will kill you where you stand mutherfucker." He might not have been thinking that, but he had this deathly serious look about him. Maybe that's how the Mountain Man rolled.
Anyway, we get off the elevator and head for breakfast. The squirrely dude cuts in front of Eaton at the buffet line, and makes a crack about how for being at a buffet is about the only time it pays to be short.
Malone laughs and Eaton just stares the dude down. Malone tells him to relax but Eaton's got this look on his face. We go and sit at our separate table while i get up the nerve to go ask Malone to sign my jersey.
We sit down to see Malone and Eaton heading to the elevators with their plates.
The squirrely dude yells over something about the elevator being too cramped for them to eat in. Eaton stops and he's got that look again. Malone ushers him off.
I know, not as good as pissing in someone's sunroof or getting a benjamin from Mopete, but it's all i got.
and i didnt get my jersey signed.

PS. I liked Benzo's story more.
That's awesome Cling. Whenver I think of Mark Eaton and his mountain man qualities I always thought if Ted Kaczynski played in the NBA, he'd look exactly like Mark Eaton.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insults and personal attacks Acie News & Announcements 2 12-16-2009 11:42 PM
Davis worried about his personal pictures, video and audio getting leaked Apollo NBA Talk 11 08-13-2009 12:49 PM
The Personal Attack Thread Benzo Entertainment Lounge 46 04-07-2009 05:05 PM
Personal Security Business Just Got Busier Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 2 12-15-2007 11:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24