Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Who will be the Raptors biggest disappointment this season? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/who-will-raptors-biggest-disappointment-season-3059.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 08-26-2008 10:34 AM

Who will be the Raptors biggest disappointment this season?
 
Yeah, yeah I know ... the season hasn't even started and I'm already discussing them in a negative manner. I guess once a "Debbie Downer" always a "Debbie Downer". ;)

Anyhow, who do you think will disappoint the most for us this season and explain why you think that.

And the nominees are: (keep in mind I chose players with either a significant role or high expectations ... hence why I left out players like Humps, Joey, Hassan, Nathan and Solomon)
  • Chris Bosh
  • Jose Calderon
  • Jermaine O'Neal
  • Anthony Parker
  • Jamario Moon
  • Roko Ukic
  • Jason Kapono
  • Andrea Bargnani
  • Sam Mitchell
  • Bryan Colangelo

Dr. J. Naismith 08-26-2008 10:39 AM

Me, eventhough I don't want to see it I think Jose might have the most disappointing season for the Raptors. After making a name for himself last season, the expectations couldn't be higher for our "floor general" which scares me. Not to mention we really don't know the severity of his groin injury that he sustained during the Olympics. So that alone already starts Calderon off on the wrong foot. I hope I'm wrong though. :(

Snooch 08-26-2008 10:42 AM

I was going to pick Sam, but then I realized that he has been disappointing me now since he got here so since I expect him to disappoint, he wont.

So I'll go with AP.

Benzo 08-26-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 52354)
Me, eventhough I don't want to see it I think Jose might have the most disappointing season for the Raptors. After making a name for himself last season, the expectations couldn't be higher for our "floor general" which scares me. Not to mention we really don't know the severity of his groin injury that he sustained during the Olympics. So that alone already starts Calderon off on the wrong foot. I hope I'm wrong though. :(

eventhough I don't want to see it I think Bosh might have the most disappointing season for the Raptors. After making a name for himself in the olympics, the expectations couldn't be higher for our "team leader" which scares me.

Ahem....

INSIDER 08-26-2008 10:55 AM

great poll actually...
makes you think.

IMO, i think it'll be Ukic. we are expecting this guy to come in and be the 'calderone' of 2007. the perfect back up who will play 15-20 minutes a night and keep the team rolling when our starter is sitting.
we've actually been spoiled having 2 above average PG's over the last 2 seasons, we're in for a big disappointment this time around.
Ukic will show his faults early on and struggle. poor decision making, poor shooting, etc. I have no doubt he'll overcome these obstacles and turn out to be a good player, but not right away; he'll struggle right off the bat.
i can see solomon being promoted to back up after a month.

Belsius 08-26-2008 10:59 AM

I actually agree with Doc. Even though I dont think Calde will dissapoint, I think he is the biggest candidate cause the extended minutes and new pressure as true starter wont help him a lot. He did handle it pretty well last year but still is not exactly the same.

Acie 08-26-2008 11:06 AM

Roko

First year in a new league, new style of play, new continent...there's going to be lots of growing pains.

jeffb 08-26-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 52356)
eventhough I don't want to see it I think Bosh might have the most disappointing season for the Raptors. After making a name for himself in the olympics, the expectations couldn't be higher for our "team leader" which scares me.

Ahem....

Wow, you're doing a 180? LOL

jeffb 08-26-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 (Post 52360)
Roko

First year in a new league, new style of play, new continent...there's going to be lots of growing pains.

I agree. He'll struggle, especially in the first half.But i do think he'll be improved by the end of the season.I also think that AP may take a step back.

My vote

1(a).Ukic
1(b) AP

fancylad 08-26-2008 11:28 AM

My vote: Devlin.

I think he's going to let us down and try too much to be like a certain past broadcaster we once had. I can see the MLSE suits trying to convince him to give every player a cheesy nickname and to come up with some goofy catch phrases. I can even see Devlin mis-pronouncing the names of some small Ontario towns as he tries to create a bond with the local viewers.

Oh well.

I have faith in the players and the coaches though.

Benzo 08-26-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 52362)
Wow, you're doing a 180? LOL

You're an idiot....

Thats what Ive been saying about Bosh all along...are you dense???

Doc basiclly just said the same thing about Jose, I was saying about Bosh.

Seriously???

man....how old are you?

JayJayW 08-26-2008 11:32 AM

lol benzo i think they just dont want to here about thier beloved bosh flopping...thing about sports fans they build a tie with thier star player on thier team and they get offended when people say things about him because they are scared to here anything negative.

i wouldnt want to say bosh is going to h ave a disappointing season but part of me has left the option open because the amount of pressure that is now on the hold medalist

Dr. J. Naismith 08-26-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 52365)
You're an idiot....

Thats what Ive been saying about Bosh all along...are you dense???

Doc basiclly just said the same thing about Jose, I was saying about Bosh.

Seriously???

man....how old are you?

Now, now .... let's not try and make things too personal here. Last thing I want is everyone flaming everyone else here. :stars:

JayJayW 08-26-2008 11:35 AM

its the offseason DOC flaming is the only basketball entertainment left!....instead of playing at the YMCA

Ugo Ferst 08-26-2008 12:43 PM

I love repeating myself so here it is. Jose will disappoint, he will have a good year but nowhere near Nash like numbers. TJ on the other hand will have a career year in Indy.

INSIDER 08-26-2008 01:05 PM

i can honestly see TJ putting up excellent numbers in Indy...
19/9 for sure... he will be given the reigns and will be counted on to lead that team.
seriously, if Indy could make Tinsley look good, then TJ will look like Jesus.... i mean even Travis Deiner looked above average on that team..LOL
but it'll all be numbers, and stats dont mean squat.

on the other hand, i still say Jose will impress again even more this season. 16/9 isnt a stretch at all... with his control and high percentages, he's exactly what we need this season, and he'll make the team shine... dont fret my freinds, Jose will make us shine! guaranteed.

Superjudge 08-26-2008 01:11 PM

I ain't voting.

Disappointment comes from expectation.

What do you expect?

Are you expectations realistic???

'trane 08-26-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 52364)
My vote: Devlin.

I think he's going to let us down and try too much to be like a certain past broadcaster we once had. I can see the MLSE suits trying to convince him to give every player a cheesy nickname and to come up with some goofy catch phrases. I can even see Devlin mis-pronouncing the names of some small Ontario towns as he tries to create a bond with the local viewers.

oh jeebus, please no.

Snooch 08-26-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 52382)
I ain't voting.

Disappointment comes from expectation.

What do you expect?

Are you expectations realistic???

wow, Deeeeeeeeeeep:haha:

Gurk 08-26-2008 01:43 PM

I voted Jamario Moon
He had a good year last year and people think he will be really good this year but IMO out of those players he will be a dissapointment


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24