Where would Raps have been without Jose? - Page 8
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #141 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
True on not enough talent, but what's there could be used better. The team has no discernible offense against a decent amount of defensive pressure that any good team would apply in the fourth. While I am all for improving defensively, it appears they need to hire a good offensive coordinator pronto.
We need talent more that coach, this is a basketball team we need atheltic guys who can play the game. Our best athletes are our beach players
Dbailey is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #142 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 37
Representing:
Default

Jose has been a gift and a curse to this franchise.

He's been a true standout guy and never complains. Unfortunately, he was never going to be a good lead guard that the Raptors always needed.
timdunkit is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #143 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,512
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I would say 20-25 is perfect anything more is too much. I then would play Ross before giving minutes to Lucas. Lucas should be glued to the bench unless there is an injury.
You hit the nail on the head again Jeff....

@BaileyBlitz 's on court steps to fix the Raptors

•Ditch the 2 PG system at ALL TIMES.
•Bring Bargnani off the bench as a 6th man specialty player(scoring)
•Trade/Shop Jose now that his stock is rising again(he's gone after the season)
•Give JV more significant minutes late in the game,regardless of performance
•Start Kleiza for more offensive efficiency.
•Bring in Ross as the first sub for the starting SG.
•Do NOT play Davis & Johnson together unless facing the opponents backup PF & C.
•Less zone and more help/rotating defense.
•keep the rotation to 9 players(Lowry,DeRozan,Kleiza,Johnson,Valanciunas as starters. Ross,Davis,Calderon & Bargnani as your reserve players).

If they do these things,they'll be a .500 basketball club like they should be.

Last edited by MBailey85; 11-21-2012 at 06:39 PM.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #144 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 15,083
Representing:
Default

Jose a beast. Triple double, double-double, you name it.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #145 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #146 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Lulz. I swear to God Jose could probably break Skiles' 1-game assist record and jeffb would STILL be on his ass.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #147 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lulz. I swear to God Jose could probably break Skiles' 1-game assist record and jeffb would STILL be on his ass.
That clip was a great example of what makes Jose not such a great fit.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #148 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

whatever. guys a good player. team is collectively shitty.

pretty simple really.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #149 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,068
Representing:
Default


Westbrook sucks, can't play defence, not a great fit.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #150 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

hahaha
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #151 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,068
Representing:
Default

I bet ya I can find clips like that for every top defensive guard in the league - and Jose is far from being at the top, to be sure.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #152 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

you can, its not a position you can guard alone. Now, Calderon is particularly average at best, but, its just become fashionable to hate on the guy. Its what happens, people dont always comment on the basis of fact or from a foundation of knowledge, they comment on what they see other people comment on, and then it becomes "fact". It's brutal. People here have no idea, but they feed into the "Toronto hate" machine when they perpetuate shit like this.

I can point out times in every game where Calderon intelligence with the ball make the opposing player look pretty pedestrian, yet toronto fans on this board dont seem to care, they only point out the glaring obvious blow bys... never commenting on times when he does the same thing.

I dont entirely frown on it all the time, we all do it, I'm pretty harsh on players when I watch games. Fact remains however, Jose Calderon is a very good player and would be welcome on plenty of teams. His contract was fair for what he was accomplishing, and he is a very positive player. He is wise, upbeat, and great for team chemistry. If what people want is a player t be a mega star in order to appreciate them, then you will constantly be let down. Not every team has that guy, and certainly not every team has a super start PG that scores and defends at the top of his peers. You might think the grass is greener but it isn't.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #153 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #154 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

There wasn't just the defense, there was an offense that was looking to push the ball, and he got stuck behind the arc, forcing a bad pass inside. There was a reason that Casey was fuming, and it wasn't so much about the team collectively.

And I don't know where anyone is seeing Jose being hated on or trashed. That's just a dumb comment.

The fact that only the defense was noted makes me question some people's foundation of knowledge. Blahblahblah. Pretty simple really.

Last edited by LX; 11-23-2012 at 04:49 PM.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #155 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
That clip was a great example of what makes Jose not such a great fit.
Last play of tonight's game.... opposing PG carves our D and gets a layup.... and Jose isn't even on the floor.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #156 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Last play of tonight's game.... opposing PG carves our D and gets a layup.... and Jose isn't even on the floor.
And? Doesn't change the fact that he's an absolute joke at the defensive end.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #157 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
And? Doesn't change the fact that he's an absolute joke at the defensive end.
I thought that the point of your argument was that we wouldn't allow any more penetration if someone else.... ANYONE else... was at the PG spot.

That doesn't seem to be the case now does it?

With the current NBA rules being what they are it's EXTREMELY difficult to hold down speedy guards who are quick off the dribble.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #158 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I thought that the point of your argument was that we wouldn't allow any more penetration if someone else.... ANYONE else... was at the PG spot.
Show me where i said we'd never give up ANYMORE penetration if he wasn't on the floor? Did i say ANYWHERE that we'd stop ALL penetration if he wasn't on the floor?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #159 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,068
Representing:
Default

Basketball is a team sport. Both defence and offence should be executed by the teams moreso than by individuals. Calderon's personal defensive deficiencies are over-exposed by the overall weak team defence.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #160 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Basketball is a team sport. Both defence and offence should be executed by the teams moreso than by individuals. Calderon's personal defensive deficiencies are over-exposed by the overall weak team defence.
Once again... we speak similar brands of "crazy".
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24