Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   When is the draft lottery (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/when-draft-lottery-20097.html)

starscream 04-25-2011 10:03 AM

When is the draft lottery
 
Just wondering when is draft lottery taking place?

jeffb 04-25-2011 10:07 AM

I believe May 21st

LX 04-25-2011 11:03 AM

may 17 - and that's not what I believe - that's just showing off my real abilities to google something

INSIDER 04-25-2011 06:22 PM

i had a dream we got the #2 pick.

jeffb 04-25-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 532959)
may 17 - and that's not what I believe - that's just showing off my real abilities to google something

:golfclap:

Nites 04-25-2011 06:47 PM

Let me google that for you

^^^ Click this.

LX 04-25-2011 09:37 PM

sweet

MARTYNAS 04-25-2011 09:40 PM

Collin Berglund thinks Raptors draft Donatas haha

2011 NBA Mock Draft: Does Kyrie Irving Get Picked No. 1? | Bleacher Report

js12 04-25-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 533074)
i had a dream we got the #2 pick.

I beat you. I legit had a dream that we won the lottery.

:)

js12 04-25-2011 09:43 PM

I was just thinking about a possible scenario.

Would Raptor fans mind if Raptor fans trade Andrea Bargnani... but then draft Dontas Montiejunas to replace him (provided that Irving and Williams are off the board)?

It would be like replacing the same skill set: a big man that can shoot the 3s. Maybe BC would take a gamble that this guy will be better defensively/on the glass than Bargnani/

LX 04-25-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 533137)
I was just thinking about a possible scenario.

Would Raptor fans mind if Raptor fans trade Andrea Bargnani... but then draft Dontas Montiejunas to replace him (provided that Irving and Williams are off the board)?

It would be like replacing the same skill set: a big man that can shoot the 3s. Maybe BC would take a gamble that this guy will be better defensively/on the glass than Bargnani/

I'd prefer going in a direction that best suits the team that exists without Bargnani. There are other ways to run an offense than stretching the floor with your big guy. I'm going to count on Insider's dream coming true.

js12 04-25-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 533147)
I'd prefer going in a direction that best suits the team that exists without Bargnani. There are other ways to run an offense than stretching the floor with your big guy. I'm going to count on Insider's dream coming true.

I'm also not a big fan of a stretch big.

I just thought it was strange of BC to go out and acquire David Andersen last offseason and Ajinca during the season. Both shoot a lot from the outside. Perhaps all along he was hoping to find Andrea Bargnani's replacement?

LX 04-25-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 533148)
I'm also not a big fan of a stretch big.

I just thought it was strange of BC to go out and acquire David Andersen last offseason and Ajinca during the season. Both shoot a lot from the outside. Perhaps all along he was hoping to find Andrea Bargnani's replacement?

Could very well be. But he also gets stuck getting the same sorts of players at just about every position, like a bad habit.

MARTYNAS 04-25-2011 10:38 PM

Donatas is not a shooter. He is aggressive post scorer who draw a lot of fouls and... who can hit open 3.

Don Vito 04-25-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYNAS (Post 533165)
Donatas is not a shooter. He is aggressive post scorer who draw a lot of fouls and... who can hit open 3.

thanks but no thanks

MARTYNAS 04-25-2011 11:00 PM

I know I know, he is not a top 10 pick IMO. And VERY risky. But he is not like Bargnani, not even close.

LX 04-25-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYNAS (Post 533184)
I know I know, he is not a top 10 pick IMO. And VERY risky. But he is not like Bargnani, not even close.

Yeah - as something other than a high pick, I'd find him intriguing, but I'd still worry that they'd work to make him more of a shooter.

Aamir 04-25-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 533148)
I'm also not a big fan of a stretch big.

I just thought it was strange of BC to go out and acquire David Andersen last offseason and Ajinca during the season. Both shoot a lot from the outside. Perhaps all along he was hoping to find Andrea Bargnani's replacement?

Very true. Unless you're Dirk Nowitzki(Which Bargs could've been), I don't want you on my team. And really what are the odds of that.

BTW, I really admired David Anderson. He shot from the outside, yes, but he did a lot of dirty work, did a lot of hustle plays and grabbed a lot of boards. I actually thought he was a major scrub. I really wanted to keep him as our backup center this season. He actually shot the ball well too from the outside.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24