Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   When does Bargs return ??? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/when-does-bargs-return-24375.html)

raptor123 12-29-2012 12:08 PM

When does Bargs return ???
 
I know it was only one game but i really liked what Lowry brought to the table in his return. He played Jose Calderon basketball protected the ball and played both team d and team O. If we continue to play like this 6 wins out of 7 then getting that ticket to the show can turn from fantasy to reality.

Lowry is back and if he continues to bring what he did last nite off the bench we are now a notch better.

We know JV comes back in 4-6 weeks. His return will bring back his toughest in side


So now it leaves Bargs. When Bargs comes back DC needs to bring him off the bench like Kyle Lowry. Lets keep with what is working right now. If and when Bargs returns and JV is not ready.....maybe starting Amir and Davis with MP , DD, and Calderon with Lowry and Bargs coming from the bench.

The mindset has changed and it looks pretty good for us......winning is contagious running this 6 out of 7 record to 11 wins in 14 will put us right into the thick of things.

jeffb 12-29-2012 12:13 PM

Let me guess, another rant about Calderon needing to remain as the starter cloacked in a "bargnani" thread? Lol

bigmandinky 12-29-2012 12:14 PM

Bargnani needs to play some more backup center for sure, it might bring back some bad memories, but he has an easier time blowing by 5's and would sure as hell be better than Gray, while we wait for big V to come back. Plus I still want to see Ed get a consistent 30-35 mpg.

carp 12-29-2012 12:19 PM

AB will be back in a few weeks and without Jonas he'll be in the starting lineup with Ed. Hopefully they don't leave him out at the arc and he can buy in, otherwise he'll be gone by the deadline. This team would be much better if we get all of our pieces working towards the same goal. Hopefully Lowry doesn't settle back into old ways, Jose has shown him the golden ticket.

jeffb 12-29-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Jose has shown him the golden ticket.
:lol:

INSIDER 12-29-2012 12:32 PM

I really hope web he returns that he comes off the bench and is our 6th man.

raptor123 12-29-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 728718)
AB will be back in a few weeks and without Jonas he'll be in the starting lineup with Ed. Hopefully they don't leave him out at the arc and he can buy in, otherwise he'll be gone by the deadline. This team would be much better if we get all of our pieces working towards the same goal. Hopefully Lowry doesn't settle back into old ways, Jose has shown him the golden ticket.

+100000000000000000000000

NLZ 12-29-2012 12:35 PM

Agreed.... Bargnani off the bench. Calderon, too.

Don Vito 12-29-2012 12:37 PM

I predict the first game hes back, we'll lose the game.

raptor123 12-29-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 728714)
Let me guess, another rant about Calderon needing to remain as the starter cloacked in a "bargnani" thread? Lol

lol I am in whos head:confused2:....can't even get that right !!!!!!!!!

So let me write it down so you can pin it on your boys sweater.

Raptor123 is in jeffb's head........:dancing:

Carlos Danger 12-29-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 728714)
Let me guess, another rant about Calderon needing to remain as the starter cloacked in a "bargnani" thread? Lol

Bingo, Jack.

Carlito 12-29-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 728718)
AB will be back in a few weeks and without Jonas he'll be in the starting lineup with Ed. Hopefully they don't leave him out at the arc and he can buy in, otherwise he'll be gone by the deadline. This team would be much better if we get all of our pieces working towards the same goal. Hopefully Lowry doesn't settle back into old ways, Jose has shown him the golden ticket.

Agree .. This is the most likely scenario as described above.

If JV comes back before Bargs ... He will need to come off the bench and prove he deserves the minutes. I know I'm in the minority, but I've always liked Bargs getting time as a Centre ... Having him playing at the three point line is ludicrous

raptor123 12-29-2012 01:00 PM

Believe it or not injuries have cost us this year, however, with these injuries we have been able to do a better job of evaluating where we are. I can,t wait to see our team when Bargs returns... when he comes back and plays team ball our team will get to the next level. Bargs knows how to move the ball....just needs to know that its not about his stats its about winning and he will be ok. Having Bargs start at the center position with Davis will work in my books. Just cant wait to see our team at full strength playing team ball !!!!!

Scully 12-29-2012 01:11 PM

I think he plays starting 5 with JV out. It not as if he has done any better or shown he is more engaged at the 4. We could us the extra scoring. But when JV comes back I think he fit s better coming off the bench. With Lowery,DD,and AA I think with a back court like that we need bangers. Guys who are going to crash the boards and guy who are going to out run the defense. Energy and attention on the glass. Bargs just doesn't want to put himself in those positions. He wants to stretch out and shoot its not the attitude we need from our 4 or 5 with those starters.

Ball Don't Lie 12-29-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor123 (Post 728727)
+100000000000000000000000

Ah, so Carp is the one trolling with this second account. Makes sense now.

TORaptor4Ever 12-29-2012 01:34 PM

I'd be shocked if the powers that be here are allowing multi-accounts. Usually that results in a ban on any other site I've been to.

Led Boots 12-29-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor123 (Post 728741)
Believe it or not injuries have cost us this year, however, with these injuries we have been able to do a better job of evaluating where we are. I can,t wait to see our team when Bargs returns... when he comes back and plays team ball our team will get to the next level. Bargs knows how to move the ball....just needs to know that its not about his stats its about winning and he will be ok. Having Bargs start at the center position with Davis will work in my books. Just cant wait to see our team at full strength playing team ball !!!!!

If Bargs can use his size and box- out with the effort AA does, I'm all for it.

jeffb 12-29-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie (Post 728752)
Ah, so Carp is the one trolling with this second account. Makes sense now.



Nahhh, I think those two just share a brain.

Bill Haverchuck 12-29-2012 01:44 PM

If there was somebody trolling, it's one of the first people to join, since Raptor123 was created in December 2007. Carp joined later.

carp 12-29-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 728761)
Nahhh, I think those two just share a brain.

Yeah, that must be it Jeff.... genius.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24