Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   What's up with Kleiza? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/whats-up-kleiza-22604.html)

LOG 03-28-2012 01:45 PM

What's up with Kleiza?
 
Some nights he can be on fire and easily score 25-30 pts with 60% shooting, while other nights he is bricking all of the shots and turning the ball over.
Leo and the crew says it's because he is still recovering from the injury, but i think it is BS. Sure he is not 100% yet but that doesn't explain why is he so inconsistent.
IMO LK is terrible when forced to be a go to guy especially scoring of the dribble, that's when he turns over the ball and his shooting % goes down to hell. But when he is playing as a spot up shooter or posting up (after the pass from a teammate) and not forcing anything his % is amazing and he plays very effectively.

Ball Don't Lie 03-28-2012 01:52 PM

He's a 7th or 8th man on a good team whos capable of putting up 10-20 key points off the bench on a good night and put up stinkers other nights. Hes an inconsistant role player like a lot of guys around the NBA. If he keeps it simple he'll be effective a lot of nights, but when he's trying too hard to score and make an impact it hurts his team. I wasnt a big fan of the signing due to the length of the contract, and I'm still not, but he can be effective for us in 2nd and 4th qtrs when we go small vs certain teams because hes capable of playing the 4 in spots where we can play uptempo and spread the floor.

fancylad 03-28-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 631182)
IMO LK is terrible when forced to be a go to guy especially scoring of the dribble, that's when he turns over the ball and his shooting % goes down to hell. But when he is playing as a spot up shooter or posting up (after the pass from a teammate) and not forcing anything his % is amazing and he plays very effectively.

that's pretty much it for me. When he plays within a 'reduced' role he is quite succesful (by reduced i mean secondary), but when he tries to do more, his lack of skill/finesses/ whatever you want to call it always holds him back. Hopefully he keeps doing what he's good at and carves out a role with this team things start to get better.

carp 03-28-2012 01:55 PM

Google microfracture surgery... it takes a long time to fully recover. I think we generally underestimate what it takes to recover from some injuries..... expecially knees and ankles.

LOG 03-28-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 631187)
Google microfracture surgery... it takes a long time to fully recover. I think we generally underestimate what it takes to recover from some injuries..... expecially knees and ankles.

So you think that recovery process is the reason for the inconsistency?

carp 03-28-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 631191)
So you think that recovery process is the reason for the inconsistency?

Well, I'd say partially. We don't get to see or hear about the day to day soreness, swelling and such of a knee recovery.... I'm dealing with an ankle now and it takes longer than I thought. As for Kleiza, well he had never shown to be that consistent to begin with in Denver and a lot of players struggle with it at the highest level, which is what sets them apart from the stars.

Bankiz 03-28-2012 02:27 PM

not excuses, but remenber :
long injury, new coach, new system and a shorter season with a lot of none rest between game.

i don't like his game, but if we keep him, i would say he is our 3rd SF in the futur. but his contract is too expensive for what he produce right now.

like bayless, he can be a spark, but too often, he is not.

Superjudge 03-28-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 631191)
So you think that recovery process is the reason for the inconsistency?

yes. more than you think.

jeffb 03-28-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 631191)
So you think that recovery process is the reason for the inconsistency?

The guy didn't play Basketball for a year. I remember a couple weeks ago he looked to be limping and since coming back he's missed a few games due to his knee swelling up. I think he has bad days where his knee swells up and he struggles, and when his knee is right he plays better. But imo we've gotten a lot more out of Kleiza this season then i thought we'd get after a year off and such a severe injury. Besides, he's a bench player that can at times look great and at other times be inconsistent. He is what he is. Overall i like having him on this team for his scoring punch off the bench but i also really like his toughness, the guy simply doesn't get intimidated by anyone.

torontomen 03-28-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 631184)
He's a 7th or 8th man on a good team whos capable of putting up 10-20 key points off the bench on a good night and put up stinkers other nights. Hes an inconsistant role player like a lot of guys around the NBA. If he keeps it simple he'll be effective a lot of nights, but when he's trying too hard to score and make an impact it hurts his team. I wasnt a big fan of the signing due to the length of the contract, and I'm still not, but he can be effective for us in 2nd and 4th qtrs when we go small vs certain teams because hes capable of playing the 4 in spots where we can play uptempo and spread the floor.

only DD,JJ,Amir is keeper and rest of them are all trading asset

jeffb 03-28-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torontomen (Post 631207)
only DD,JJ,Amir is keeper and rest of them are all trading asset

So those three are far superior players to Bargnani & Davis? :dead:

LOG 03-28-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torontomen (Post 631207)
only DD,JJ,Amir is keeper and rest of them are all trading asset

did you just came up with that out of the blue, or there is some reasoning behind it?

torontomen 03-28-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 631210)
So those three are far superior players to Bargnani & Davis? :dead:

Bargnani are proving to be inconsistent again after the injury so if they are some right offer sitting there i would not refuse.


for Ed Davis ,i would not mind if there is a deal in draft night that can give us Barnes as return...i only interest for Davis and Barnes in 2012 Draft and no one else

Admiral 03-28-2012 05:05 PM

kleiza has been this inconsistent his entire career, what makes you think he wouldn't be the same on this team

LX 03-28-2012 05:09 PM

He needs to stop posting up unless he's got an obvious advantage. He wastes far too many possessions with that shit. Now he came here to be able to expand his role offensively, but that's just not where he's most effective. I like his hustle and energy and his ability to play big inside and grab some important boards. He can have a very important role, but he's going to have to accept something a little smaller as an offensive role. And right now with the team so shorthanded, I can't really fault him for trying to do too much. It just tends to make him look bad.

Rudy-T 03-28-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torontomen (Post 631207)
only DD,JJ,Amir is keeper and rest of them are all trading asset

Talking about inconsistency, havent Amir and DD been very inconsistent through out the season. I think JJ is pretty consistent, but you never know if DD will have a 2/10 FG jump shooting night or a good 25p performance where he gets to the basket and FT line. And Amir has been very incosistent all season. I think he was much more consistent before this season.

Right now I think one of Davis/Amir should be traded (unless we trade Bargs, which I dont see happening) with JV coming in. I'd keep Gray as JV's back up (or starter until JV is ready). He is much cheaper (at least compared to Amir). But actually I would trade Davis, if we could get anything usefull out of him as I think Amir is just better player.

Back to Kleiza. He is a good bench guy. He can spark the offense, but when he is having an off-night he can just keep sitting. A role player that would be valuable if we just had those starters that were starting material.

Sumon 03-28-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral (Post 631247)
kleiza has been this inconsistent his entire career, what makes you think he wouldn't be the same on this team

As the only person who watches Lithuanian national basketball team playing, he was a very consistent leader and was chosen to All tournament team of 2010 FIBA World Championship (Before injury).

LOG 03-29-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumon (Post 631268)
As the only person who watches Lithuanian national basketball team playing, he was a very consistent leader and was chosen to All tournament team of 2010 FIBA World Championship (Before injury).

What makes you so sure you are the only person who watches Lithuanian national team playing? And yea Kleiza is a clear leader there, but most of the national teams (except USA) don't steal the ball at the same level as the nba teams do, so LK's poor dribbling is not exposed. Plus the coach of national team managed roles beautifully in 2010, LK had specific assignments and team was playing fantastic basketball in general, lot of passes and open opportunities, that's where Kleiza thrives.

Zalgiris 03-29-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 631525)
Plus the coach of national team managed roles beautifully in 2010, LK had specific assignments and team was playing fantastic basketball in general, lot of passes and open opportunities, that's where Kleiza thrives.

So you're saying that Raps' coaching staff is worse than Lithuania NT's ? :cookie:

Admiral 03-29-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumon (Post 631268)
As the only person who watches Lithuanian national basketball team playing, he was a very consistent leader and was chosen to All tournament team of 2010 FIBA World Championship (Before injury).

being a consistent leader on the national team has nothing to do with being consistent in the nba


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24