What They're Saying: 2013-2014 Edition - Page 13
Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #241 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 2,767
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites View Post
Bucks
All those Bucks fans are idiots. I laugh at the guy shitting on Canada. I know I enjoy my healthcare.
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #242 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,775
Representing:
Default

I agree with his notion except the fact that Canada is a shithole. I love me some Canada.
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #243 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,490
Representing:
Default

Patterson is playing exactly the way I wish Bargnani would've played.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #244 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,920
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I agree with his notion except the fact that Canada is a shithole. I love me some Canada.
Tankers needing to beg for table scraps from bucks fans. That's a bit undignified.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #245 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:

has Lowry always been a little b!tch ?

Ersan is gearing up for a trade! This is fabulous!

I really cant believe salmons is still getting minutes on any nba team, let alone one thats above .500
.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #246 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,775
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Tankers needing to beg for table scraps from bucks fans. That's a bit undignified.
ooouuu
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #247 (permalink)
stripes

Senior Member
 
just4_raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,779
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Patterson is playing exactly the way I wish Bargnani would've played.
Don't say that. His agent will start looking for a Bargnani type contract
just4_raps is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #248 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4_raps View Post
Don't say that. His agent will start looking for a Bargnani type contract
then he can go talk to whichever team is employing bryan colangelo next year.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #249 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,230
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Win or lose at least Ill be happy I don't live in that sh!thole called canada.....

Man, I'd hate to be Toronto. That team is directionless.
Don't know. But I don't think anybody could have expected the Raptors to be playing this well with or without Rudy Gay.

You can't build around Jonas...maybe one day he can be the 3rd best player on a championship team or something along those lines. But The Raptors desperately need to bottom out, which won't happen seeing their recent success. Truly a horrible position to be in...they need at least 2 high draft picks to ever make something out of their current core.

This Raptors squad is just your typical treadmill team.
The irony in this is just too much. Toronto is such a better city than Milwaukee that it's not even a discussion. The only real downside to Toronto is the weather (aside from our crack smoking mayor of course), which in Milwaukee, I'm fairly certain, is worse.

In terms of basketball, the Bucks franchise is the quintessential treadmill team. They've neither improved or worsened for years. I could swear every franchise in the NBA does not want to be the Bucks. Speaking of directionless, does this poster think that Bucks were tanking on purpose? They clearly were trying to make the playoffs, and only recently gave up that goal when they began increasing their rookie's minutes. They are actually so bad that during a year where half the league is tanking, and they were not, they still end up being the worst team in the league. That basically sums up their franchise. Before this season even started, the one team in the entire league that I was hoping would come no where near getting Wiggins was the Bucks because their shitty franchise would undoubtedly ruin his career.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #250 (permalink)
stripes

Senior Member
 
just4_raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,779
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
then he can go talk to whichever team is employing bryan colangelo next year.
lol. i seriously wonder where BC's next job will be. Detroit...?
just4_raps is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #251 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,768
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
The irony in this is just too much. Toronto is such a better city than Milwaukee that it's not even a discussion. The only real downside to Toronto is the weather (aside from our crack smoking mayor of course), which in Milwaukee, I'm fairly certain, is worse.

In terms of basketball, the Bucks franchise is the quintessential treadmill team. They've neither improved or worsened for years. I could swear every franchise in the NBA does not want to be the Bucks. Speaking of directionless, does this poster think that Bucks were tanking on purpose? They clearly were trying to make the playoffs, and only recently gave up that goal when they began increasing their rookie's minutes. They are actually so bad that during a year where half the league is tanking, and they were not, they still end up being the worst team in the league. That basically sums up their franchise. Before this season even started, the one team in the entire league that I was hoping would come no where near getting Wiggins was the Bucks because their shitty franchise would undoubtedly ruin his career.
They probably wouldn't pick Wiggins because they've got Antetekounmpo. They'd probably go for Smart or Exum at the point.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #252 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Patterson is playing exactly the way I wish Bargnani would've played.
Patterson's new nickname = "The Black Dirk"?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #253 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,386
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Win or lose at least Ill be happy I don't live in that sh!thole called canada.....
given how close milwaukee is to canada, I'm surprised he can stand the stench ... surely some of the smell must float over the border

I think the sad part of that post is that, even though he's saying those things out of spite, it's possible he's right ...

As bad as they are, there are worse spots to be in than milwaukee. Henson, and Gianni are pretty good pieces and if they win the lottery, the scary part is they may still be bad enough to get another high pick next season. If they can unload their shitty contracts and get a good PG, they'll be very strong in 3-4 years.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #254 (permalink)
grabbin boards, droppin dimes, and lightin them up

Senior Member
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,220
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
given how close milwaukee is to canada, I'm surprised he can stand the stench ... surely some of the smell must float over the border

I think the sad part of that post is that, even though he's saying those things out of spite, it's possible he's right ...

As bad as they are, there are worse spots to be in than milwaukee. Henson, and Gianni are pretty good pieces and if they win the lottery, the scary part is they may still be bad enough to get another high pick next season. If they can unload their shitty contracts and get a good PG, they'll be very strong in 3-4 years.
They are decent in the drafts but they haven't really developed anyone. Traded away Harris for rental,and Henson hasn't developed how he should have.
Alex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #255 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,386
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
They are decent in the drafts but they haven't really developed anyone. Traded away Harris for rental,and Henson hasn't developed how he should have.
because they're idiots - their primary goal for the past 4-5 years has been to make the playoffs. They always load with ridiculous contracts (remember drew gooden ...) and give no PT to their young guys so they can be swept in the 1st round. Fear the deer my ass.

Still, as Minesotta and Atlanta proved, once you reach a certain threshold of young talent, it's just not possible not to be at least half decent. The wolves have been really unlucky injury-wise, which really set them back. And they wasted more than half of their picks. And they'll still end up as a top 10 team this season.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #256 (permalink)
threes and free throws

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,932
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Patterson is playing exactly the way I wish Bargnani would've played.
Assuming you use the Per 36 numbers that's pretty close. Other than that we always expect a few more points and less rebounds.
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #257 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,533
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
The irony in this is just too much. Toronto is such a better city than Milwaukee that it's not even a discussion. The only real downside to Toronto is the weather (aside from our crack smoking mayor of course), which in Milwaukee, I'm fairly certain, is worse.
100%. The weather in Milwaukee is wayyyy worse than Toronto. Maybe they are still bitter about Paul Molitor.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #258 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,167
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Patterson's new nickname = "The Black Dirk"?
Dirk should be "The White Patterson".
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #259 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,923
Representing:
Default

Minnesota 40
Raptors 44

At the half:

Quote:
Can we leave Adelman, Martin and Brewer in Canada?
Quote:
Patterson killing us out the WTF
Quote:
We're basically doing nothing right except rebounding
Quote:
Whoever Vasquez is guarding should be able to school him
Quote:
Chase can't play with JJ... JJ never looks for him...
Quote:
Looking at the body language, starting to look like our mentally weak team is starting to break. If the whole squad gets into a Derrick Williams level confidence slump/depression this season is over as that crap is HARD to get out of.
Quote:
Adelman... You gotta go buddy.
Quote:
This team has no shot tonight, against the 19-18 Raptors.
Quote:
It was more fun watching Wolves teams that included Sebastian Telfair, Sasha Pavlovic, Oleksij Pecherov and Nathan Jawai
Quote:
Lowry schooling rubio.
Quote:
WE HAVE A BAD COACH.

PROVALY HE WAS GOOD IN THE PAST, BUT RIGHT NOW, HES BAD.
HOW YOU DONT SEE SIMPLE MISTAKES LIKE THAT ?
Quote:
This team seriously needs a coaching change
Quote:
Barea is so easy to hate. Every time he is on the court he annoys me. His vocal "leadership" and hero type basketball are 2 things which I can't stand when I play
Quote:
Adelman is lost right now.
Quote:
I've seen enough to risk going for Lowry right now. Sell that Spanish garbage.
Quote:
Must be somewhere in the NBA rule book that says the wolves are not allowed to have good shooters.
Quote:
Martin is out, torn labia, put Shabazz in.
Quote:
LOL KEVIN MARTIN YOU PIECE OF ****
Quote:
how does Dante keep losing Patrick Patterson? He pisses me off...
Quote:
Hayes.....lol
Quote:
Amnesty Barea..
Quote:
wow, we're down 9 again?
Quote:
Why is the whole bench still in?!
Quote:
Imagine if we were playing a better team. Raps have been playing like crap this game.

Last edited by jeffb; 01-17-2014 at 08:09 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #260 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 2,767
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Minnesota 40
Raptors 44

At the half:
They are just as angry about their team as we are with the Raps
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24