What options do you like best? - Page 2
Old 06-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

1. Nash
2. Evans
3. Lowry

Of course #2 and #3 depend on what is being asked for in return.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,765
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
I doubt they'd give up gay for DD and a second..
Read my post again LOL
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

i hope we get gay.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,404
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i hope we get gay.
if we get gay and give up a lot, i can't help thinking we'll just end up fucked in the long run.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,677
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i hope we get gay.
That's what HE said
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,324
Representing:
Default

liliard, waiters or rivers plus Gay, and I will be a happy raps fan
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Any two of Batum, Iggy, Gay.... and then we can rest out sweet heads down without worrying.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,677
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Any two of Batum, Iggy, Gay.... and then we can rest out sweet heads down without worrying.
So two SF's?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
So two SF's?
Iggy and Batum have both spent time at SG I suppose you haven't seen them play much, but it's true.

carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,677
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Iggy and Batum have both spent time at SG I suppose you haven't seen them play much, but it's true.

Batum imo is better suited to play at SF. Yeah, Iggy can play SG of course. But two of those three are more SF's than SG's. I wouldn't want to bring Batum here to play the 2........although i would if that's what we'd have to do to get him here. Two of them would have to be brought here through trade which won't happen so you can throw any theory of Gay & Iggy coming here together out the window imo. Signing Batum + trading for Iggy would be very ideal but i don't see that happening. No way would we be that lucky.

Last edited by jeffb; 06-12-2012 at 10:22 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i hope we get gay.
In a few short weeks, depending where you live in Toronto, you will be getting Gay, very, so have no fear!

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,209
Representing:
Default

I think first goes Nash.

Why? I think it'll finally get people to stop giving a fuck about cap space, marginal differences in draft position, and other crap like that and just make Toronto happy to watch basketball again. Seems like Toronto sports is more laborious than it is fun. I wouldn't mind forgetting about the machinations of BC's plan to rebuild our team via draft and young acquisitions. I just wanna be happy to watch Toronto play on a regular basis again.

That's one of the reasons I really liked Dallas from the get go, they were just so much fun to watch. The following 12 years were even more fun (save for the GSW series & the 06 finals).

Sign Nash and acquire one of Batum - Iguodala - Gay in that order. Even if Nash only played 2 years in Toronto, I'd be willing to bet any money that Bargs, DD, Davis, JV and whatever other young players we have will be far, far better than they would have been had Nash not signed. He's a teacher. He's like Peyton Manning - can make any player with talent & work ethic a star.
10gizzle is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,677
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
I think first goes Nash.

Why? I think it'll finally get people to stop giving a fuck about cap space, marginal differences in draft position, and other crap like that and just make Toronto happy to watch basketball again. Seems like Toronto sports is more laborious than it is fun. I wouldn't mind forgetting about the machinations of BC's plan to rebuild our team via draft and young acquisitions. I just wanna be happy to watch Toronto play on a regular basis again.

That's one of the reasons I really liked Dallas from the get go, they were just so much fun to watch. The following 12 years were even more fun (save for the GSW series & the 06 finals).

Sign Nash and acquire one of Batum - Iguodala - Gay in that order. Even if Nash only played 2 years in Toronto, I'd be willing to bet any money that Bargs, DD, Davis, JV and whatever other young players we have will be far, far better than they would have been had Nash not signed. He's a teacher. He's like Peyton Manning - can make any player with talent & work ethic a star.
THIS

Although i would have to think a deal for Batum, Gay or Iggy would have to come first in order to sign Nash.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #34 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Batum imo is better suited to play at SF. Yeah, Iggy can play SG of course. But two of those three are more SF's than SG's. I wouldn't want to bring Batum here to play the 2........although i would if that's what we'd have to do to get him here. Two of them would have to be brought here through trade which won't happen so you can throw any theory of Gay & Iggy coming here together out the window imo. Signing Batum + trading for Iggy would be very ideal but i don't see that happening. No way would we be that lucky.
Agreed.... but if you look around the league, Indy played George at SG, Batum played at SG in Portland... it can be done. Having players that can play both wing spots is much better than what we tend to have in players that can play point or SG.

I think any two of the three could work though I doubt it happens.

JV, AB, Iggy, Batum, Jose is a very good starting 5 in the league.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,677
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Agreed.... but if you look around the league, Indy played George at SG, Batum played at SG in Portland... it can be done. Having players that can play both wing spots is much better than what we tend to have in players that can play point or SG.

I think any two of the three could work though I doubt it happens.

JV, AB, Iggy, Batum, Jose is a very good starting 5 in the league.
If that's our lineup i'd start Iggy at the 2 spot since it's more his position than Batum's. But man, that lineup would be sweet.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #36 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If that's our lineup i'd start Iggy at the 2 spot since it's more his position than Batum's. But man, that lineup would be sweet.
Who starts at SG doesn't matter, but sure.... the better part is that either of them could play alongside any other wing player we have. Gotta love versatility in the NBA, it's such a matchups league. There isn't a team in the league that could overwhelm us on the wings with that lineup.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #37 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Isn't the truth that the smoke is usually farthest from the fire with BC?

I bet when, and IF anything significant happens, none of thoe people are involved.

I'm standing by that.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #38 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,196
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Isn't the truth that the smoke is usually farthest from the fire with BC?

I bet when, and IF anything significant happens, none of thoe people are involved.

I'm standing by that.
I dunno, the JO deal leaked really early. Remember - just because BC runs a tight ship, doesn't mean the guy on the other end of the phone line does.

At this point, so many players have been mentioned that one of them is bound to be true.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #39 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,677
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
I dunno, the JO deal leaked really early. Remember - just because BC runs a tight ship, doesn't mean the guy on the other end of the phone line does.

At this point, so many players have been mentioned that one of them is bound to be true.
Remember that 6 months before we signed Turkoglu BC saw Turk at a restaurant and talked to him and was supposedly heard saying he'll be here that summer....voila.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,920
Representing:
Default

Iguodala wouldn't be bad IMO, I just wouldn't give up the pick for him. If we can trade Davis & Calderon or something for him, I'd do it.
Don Vito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24