What are the chances the Raptors get a top 3 pick in this years draft?

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
all about the raps

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Representing:
Raptors What are the chances the Raptors get a top 3 pick in this years draft?

I think it's very unlikely at this point but you never know I guess. If we do land that pick, I would choose between Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel, Anthony Bennett or Shabazz Muhammad.
bigwillie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,205
Representing:
Default

I'd go Noel 10 times out of 10.

Even if he develops 0 offensive game, the guy might be one of the best shot blockers in the league as soon as he comes in.
10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Toronto wont get a pick this year guys....they are too good to fall to that level, but not good enough to make up the games needed for the playoffs.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,205
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Toronto wont get a pick this year guys....they are too good to fall to that level, but not good enough to make up the games needed for the playoffs.
Oh, that goes without question. I'd ideally just wanna make a push finish 9th and get rid of that pick right away.
10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,125
Representing:
Default

Assuming the Raps stay where they are (8th last in the league), they have a 2.8% chance at the top pick, and exactly a 10% chance at a top 3 pick. That's 90% that the pick goes to OKC.

As for the odds of placing various places, that gets complicated. Hollinger has us projected to be in a tie for 9th last, with a 3.8% chance of a top 3 pick.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

well, thats better than the Super 7
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,790
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Toronto wont get a pick this year guys....they are too good to fall to that level, but not good enough to make up the games needed for the playoffs.
+1

This.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,221
Representing:
Default

i really just want them to give that pick away this year instead of have the scenario hanging around for years
we need to get our record up to that top spot of unprotected so that OKC doesn't get as good of a pick
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
all about the raps

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Representing:
Default

Man how many top 20 draft picks do the thunder need? There's too much talent on one team for everyone on the thunder roster to show off their potential.

If the Raptors only had 3 of their bench players like Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, and Kevin Martin, we would have a playoff spot by now.
bigwillie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
NLZ
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
NLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 191
Representing:
Default

Off-topic but draft related, we've now virtually put ourselves 0 to 1,000,000 at getting Andrew Wiggins now thanks to the signings/trades of the past 12 months.
NLZ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,435
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
I'd go Noel 10 times out of 10.

Even if he develops 0 offensive game, the guy might be one of the best shot blockers in the league as soon as he comes in.
Yep. And no more Zellers.

I think if he stays where he is... would love to get back in the draft for McAdoo.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
no more AA and Primo Pasta

Member
 
Carlito Caliente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 119
Representing:
Default

i'd rather give them the pick this year since it's a shitty year for draft anyways
Carlito Caliente is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
is is is is in in in in a a a a cave cave cave cave

Senior Member
 
rockthetdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,070
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Assuming the Raps stay where they are (8th last in the league), they have a 2.8% chance at the top pick, and exactly a 10% chance at a top 3 pick. That's 90% that the pick goes to OKC.

As for the odds of placing various places, that gets complicated. Hollinger has us projected to be in a tie for 9th last, with a 3.8% chance of a top 3 pick.
Sooooo.. You're TELLIN ME THERE'S A CHANCE?!

yaahH!
rockthetdot is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,275
Representing:
Default

given that we're much closer to last place in the league than we are to the 8th spot in the east, the chances are probably higher than some think ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,435
Representing:
Default

I think I'm the only one that doesn't think this is a shitty draft. There's no Lebron but decent depth through half of the first round at least. Guess it would be shitty if we were p[icking 1st overall.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
faster than 80% of all snakes

Member
 
Flinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 205
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthetdot View Post
Sooooo.. You're TELLIN ME THERE'S A CHANCE?!

yaahH!
Flinch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

We already got a top 3 caliber player in Rudy Gay. Instead of hoping Jonas becomes that star player to build around, at least we have Rudy Gay. You can see Rudy Gay is a few levels above Derozan offensively, and plays respectable defense.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,046
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
I think I'm the only one that doesn't think this is a shitty draft. There's no Lebron but decent depth through half of the first round at least. Guess it would be shitty if we were p[icking 1st overall.
It's not a great draft at all. If there was a draft to not have a pick, this is it. Next year's draft should be deeper and have more impact players.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,111
Representing:
Default

2011 draft was suppose to be shitty now that i look at it it wasn't all that bad
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,893
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
2011 draft was suppose to be shitty now that i look at it it wasn't all that bad
val and kyrie are the only bright points in that draft. and val hasn't, as much as I hate to say it, filled the mammoth expectations just yet, but that was a given. other than those two who's a bright spot? thompson? he has a lot to prove still
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24