Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   We're 28 baby!!! (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/were-28-baby-21982.html)

LX 01-24-2012 12:40 PM

We're 28 baby!!!
 
on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/4

Quote:

28 Toronto 4-13

The compacted season can't go fast enough for the Raps, who are clearly waiting for the draft in June but still have to play 49 games between now and then. They couldn't score with Bargnani and they've lost six in a row without him, posting a high of 91 points in that span.
And 27 at NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerrankings/01/23/week4/?ls=iref:nbahpt1
Quote:

27 Toronto (4-13)
Pace: 92.0 (25), Off: 93.3 (29), Def: 100.5 (19)
With eight straight losses, the Raptors' surprising 4-5 start is long forgotten. More disappointing is that Ed Davis hasn't been able to really take advantage of six straight starts in the absence of Andrea Bargnani. Davis has shot a miserable 12-for-36, averaging just 5.8 points in 30.9 minutes in the six games.

box92 01-24-2012 12:44 PM

19 in Defense, thats the only number I currently care abut :D

Bankiz 01-24-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 603816)
19 in Defense, thats the only number I currently care abut :D

+1
10 better than all the season last year. that a good progression, with only 2 weeks of training camp and a tough schedule (10 road games).

carp 01-24-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankiz (Post 603827)
+1
10 better than all the season last year. that a good progression, with only 2 weeks of training camp and a tough schedule (10 road games).

that could just mean a favourable schedule compared to other teams.

MikeToronto 01-24-2012 01:29 PM

Generally speaking, this season could produce all kinds of statistical aberrations, both good and bad, but equally misleading, due to the compressed schedule and the absence of any real training camps. All this leads to poorer execution, tired players and injuries galore, obviously screwing up the stats.

Raptorman 01-24-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 603816)
19 in Defense, thats the only number I currently care abut :D

Agreed. If Casey can get these rent-a-players to play defense, imagine what he can do with legit players.

I hope we get a chance to find out.

Toby 01-24-2012 01:40 PM

http://theironwolves.com/legacy/armor/images/4-5.gif

LX 01-24-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 603831)
Generally speaking, this season could produce all kinds of statistical aberrations, both good and bad, but equally misleading, due to the compressed schedule and the absence of any real training camps. All this leads to poorer execution, tired players and injuries galore, obviously screwing up the stats.

Yep. Add to all that the high fouling rate which brings down the shooting percentages, but hurts overall much of the time, and it's that much harder to assess the defense. It doesn't look quite as bad to the naked eye, and much off that could likely be the result of not spending so much energy running on offense and then not having any legs left for transition D, or any D in 4th quarters.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24