Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Weems to CSKA (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/weems-cska-23518.html)

archie63 07-30-2012 08:13 AM

Weems to CSKA
 
PBC CSKA Moscow | News | Club News
Maybe someone is interested
(if already posted i'm sorry)

Beans 07-30-2012 10:10 AM

A three year deal.

It makes me wonder if there were NBA offers to be a bench player, and he went with the higher profile "AK47's replacement" job, or if there weren't any NBA offers at all.

jeffb 07-30-2012 10:17 AM

There just isn't much of a market for him right now in the NBA. At least money wise, I don't see any NBA team that has any money left that would be willing to give much more than a 1-2yr contract at probably little money. I bet he got a 3yr/5-6Mil contract.

MikeToronto 07-30-2012 10:23 AM

Plus the quality of women... :cookie::yeah:

halphbreedballer 07-30-2012 10:39 AM

Does Toronto still hold his rights?

jeffb 07-30-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halphbreedballer (Post 675233)
Does Toronto still hold his rights?



No

rockthetdot 07-30-2012 11:41 AM

Ain't nobody got time for Sonny Weems.

OP13 07-30-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 675230)
There just isn't much of a market for him right now in the NBA. At least money wise, I don't see any NBA team that has any money left that would be willing to give much more than a 1-2yr contract at probably little money. I bet he got a 3yr/5-6Mil contract.

Yup, and that's like 3y/12M NBA contract, can't imagine any team giving him that much.

wchoi213 07-30-2012 11:45 AM

Under Casey, he could have developed to a decent defensive wing player, but too bad that we already got Fields on SF spot. :sigh:

Sumon 07-30-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beans (Post 675229)
A three year deal.

It makes me wonder if there were NBA offers to be a bench player, and he went with the higher profile "AK47's replacement" job, or if there weren't any NBA offers at all.

Or maybe he just wants to win some awards... (No offence to Toronto)

Out of all the NBA players in Europe last season, he impressed me the most with his devotion to the basketball. Some players came to Europe to rest for money as if they were on vocation. But not him, he gave his best. Kudos to him.

carp 07-30-2012 01:11 PM

If he works hard and gets his ego in check, maybe he can be an alan anderson in a few years and come back to the league for minimum coin. We should totally go after Delfino though.

Sumon 07-30-2012 04:02 PM

Didn't he play for Raptors some time ago?

carp 07-30-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumon (Post 675277)
Didn't he play for Raptors some time ago?

Yeah, until we got sucked in to taking that bum Weems!

:dancing:

Dutches 07-30-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 675252)
If he works hard and gets his ego in check, maybe he can be an alan anderson in a few years and come back to the league for minimum coin. We should totally go after Delfino though.

I don't think he's going to be worth the cash he's asking for.

halphbreedballer 07-30-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 675252)
If he works hard and gets his ego in check, maybe he can be an alan anderson in a few years and come back to the league for minimum coin. We should totally go after Delfino though.

I gotta agree with Delfino would be a good pick up for the right price...
He can dribble, shoot the 3 and plays pretty good d.

Jimmy M 07-30-2012 09:21 PM

Weem's Agent was not very positive about Sonny resigning with Toronto, he noted a number of NBA teams that were interested in Sonny.....guess that didn't happen

rapsmannn 07-30-2012 11:54 PM

not much money left on the market considering most teams spent there money early in free agency, other teams just can't afford to put money down

i bet the offer he got from the knicks or memphis was 2 years 2.5 million,

playing for cska moscow is a step up from where he was playing last year

Superjudge 08-01-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumon (Post 675247)
Or maybe he just wants to win some awards... (No offence to Toronto)

Out of all the NBA players in Europe last season, he impressed me the most with his devotion to the basketball. Some players came to Europe to rest for money as if they were on vocation. But not him, he gave his best. Kudos to him.

Good post buddy. I didnt see him, but I read his tweets, he talks about working out lot. Good for Sonny if this is true. I'm happy for the guy.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24