Are we in for another Jose vs Ford Part deux? - Page 2
Old 07-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars
 
AR1815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 888
Representing:
Default

I hope that BC sat down and spoke with Jack about this. I'm sure there was no miscommunication there.

Besides, I can see Jack and Jose closing a lot of games this season, and that matters more than who starts on the team. Jack will still get him minutes, him and Jose could work well on the court at the same time.
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
bored.

Senior Member
 
iRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,032
Representing:
Default

What I wanna know is...

Do all of you think Jose played to our expectations last year? Injuried or not when he was on the court was he productive? I'd give him a B+... I like the jack move cause if Jose isn't producing you have a quality pg that can get the job done. I remember watching a pacers at new york game last year and jarret jack was lighting it up. He looked like that mvp iverson in that game it was fun to watch.
iRaptor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,549
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaptor View Post
What I wanna know is...

Do all of you think Jose played to our expectations last year? Injuried or not when he was on the court was he productive? I'd give him a B+... I like the jack move cause if Jose isn't producing you have a quality pg that can get the job done. I remember watching a pacers at new york game last year and jarret jack was lighting it up. He looked like that mvp iverson in that game it was fun to watch.
2009 Player Evaluations - Jose Calderon
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,234
Representing:
Default

not sure how can you ignore the injuries - that's a critical aspect
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars
 
AR1815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 888
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
not sure how can you ignore the injuries - that's a critical aspect

What's the situation with his injuries? I know he had a surgery on his finger like three months ago, but is there a chance he can get through the whole season without missing more than 10 games?
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
mooing

Senior Member
 
babyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,102
Representing:
Default

It's Jose's fault for playing the whole season with his injury. BC is prepared to replace him.
babyface is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Jack made alot of trouble in indy, i dont know where this "class act" stuff came from, the guy thinks like TJ, he thinks he is an NBA starter, and if he starts outplaying Jose ill bet anything he will eventually let that be known, just hopefully he never does, and there will be np.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Jack made alot of trouble in indy, i dont know where this "class act" stuff came from, the guy thinks like TJ, he thinks he is an NBA starter, and if he starts outplaying Jose ill bet anything he will eventually let that be known, just hopefully he never does, and there will be np.
Looking at the glass half full as usual?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Looking at the glass half full as usual?
You are being sarcastic, right?
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,380
Representing:
Default

I think BC and Jacko agreed to make him the backup PG.

But I hope one day Roko can be in this discussion.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3


 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Who cares?..Atleast we were in the playoffs when all that was transpiring. If a point guard controversy is what it takes to get back into the postseason, then I'm cool with that. That being said, I don't think it's going to be an issue.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,462
Representing:
Default

you guys keep saying that "jack knows he's the backup"...
did you follow the pacers last season?
Jack 'knew' he was the backup at the start of the season too, yet he played better than TJ on the majority of nights and the controversy started... midway through the season he began starting some games and by the end of the year he played the same number of minutes as Tj, and ended out the majority of games.
fans were debating whether jack or ford should be the starter... i'm asking you all if you think this will happen here too? again.

so just because Jack 'know's he's the backup, you think he wont play his best?
or what if Jose struggles and jack plays well? dont you think this will be another PG controversy?
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

What a ridiculous conversation.

Jack is a combo guard who will get his minutes, period.

Calderon was hurt last year, period, and all of you who keep referring to his possibility of playing like shit are fucking mental, he's very close to being an allstar PG in the east, and he will be back hea;thy this year, with support.

Are you people capable of looking at things rationally... at all??????
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

There must be special on weed folks seems alot of people smoking it. lol
Jack is the back up period. If he tries to be a Ford clone which I highly think will not happen the fans will run him out of town. He is good insurance for Jose. Take a look at the comparisons between this two guys, just remember as my friend superjudge said above, Jack is a combo guard.
To all the statistical followers take a look at this, read and enjoy. Most players would be happy having a year like Jose had last year, top it off he was injuried most of the season. Not making the playoffs hurt Calderom more then putting up decent stats.

Jose Calderon NBA Comparison 2008-2009 - Jose Calderon NBA Fantasy Basketball Stats
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,535
Representing:
Default

Jack ended the majority of games as a 2. He can find a larger role in that same respect here possibly. And if the team wins and he gets free reign to score coming off the bench, then I think it all works out well.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
What a ridiculous conversation.

Jack is a combo guard who will get his minutes, period.

Calderon was hurt last year, period, and all of you who keep referring to his possibility of playing like shit are fucking mental, he's very close to being an allstar PG in the east, and he will be back hea;thy this year, with support.

Are you people capable of looking at things rationally... at all??????
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,349
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
you guys keep saying that "jack knows he's the backup"...
did you follow the pacers last season?
Jack 'knew' he was the backup at the start of the season too, yet he played better than TJ on the majority of nights and the controversy started... midway through the season he began starting some games and by the end of the year he played the same number of minutes as Tj, and ended out the majority of games.
fans were debating whether jack or ford should be the starter... i'm asking you all if you think this will happen here too? again.

so just because Jack 'know's he's the backup, you think he wont play his best?
or what if Jose struggles and jack plays well? dont you think this will be another PG controversy?
No. It won't.... because Jose is one of the best PGs in the league (when healthy).

TJ wasn't.

It boggles the mind that people still defend this guy. This is the THIRD time that he's lost the starting job to a teammate. Maybe that keeps happening because he just isn't very good?????
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,535
Representing:
Default

TJ's plenty good enough. He got hurt again. That's how he lost his job, again. But he was still ending games.

If something similar happens here, then a decision needs to be made, and a guy gets traded. But if the team wins enough, then being a backup isn't as much of an issue either.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

2006 Ford was better than 2008 Calderon.

I could easily seeing this being a potential issue. Maybe not so much on the starting position, but as the primary player. If Demar shows that he's capable for playing full-time minutes, I could see Jack taking over the majority of the point guard PT.

Tranio's empathizing the importance of defence and it's quite possible that Calderon is the worst defending point guard in the league. Also, if Hedo takes on a share of the distributing responsibilities, how valuable is Calderon out there?
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
2006 Ford was better than 2008 Calderon.

I could easily seeing this being a potential issue. Maybe not so much on the starting position, but as the primary player. If Demar shows that he's capable for playing full-time minutes, I could see Jack taking over the majority of the point guard PT.

Tranio's empathizing the importance of defence and it's quite possible that Calderon is the worst defending point guard in the league. Also, if Hedo takes on a share of the distributing responsibilities, how valuable is Calderon out there?

Actually, considering Jose was hurt for approx. 80% + of the season. Then looking at the numbers, i think that statement is not accurate. But mainly, who gives a shit about (06 T.J) vs (08 Jose). Boy, slow news week around here?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dino Nation: Is Jose Calderon part of the problem? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 50 12-04-2008 10:13 PM
Jose - Ford Debate - Who Stays Who goes? Salami and Cheese Toronto Raptors 37 04-28-2008 09:56 PM
Ford Wants To Remain A Raptor Along With Jose Too Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 16 03-28-2008 01:06 PM
Would you trade Jose Calderon for TJ Ford raptor123 Toronto Raptors 5 02-06-2008 09:42 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24