Vince Carter Interview: Would be open to rejoining the Raptors at some point - Page 3

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,767
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
why so jaded?
Because he's a fuckhead
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Because he's a fuckhead
meh.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
LX
Less is more. More or less. But mostly less. Or should that be more?

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 26,597
Representing:
Default

All this noise just illustrates how fucked this franchise is.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
balling.

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 51
Representing:
Default

I'd take Vince back 4 Landry Fields.
merlin2049er is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Raps over Nets in 5!

Senior Member
 
@BaileysBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
bring him back for what? he's old, and isnt worth much money.
i just think its convenient that as he will be a FA, he wants to be wanted... and wants to come back here. why does he want back? probably because he knows his stock is so low that he wont really be pursued as a FA, and will do anything to continue his career.
F VC.
Carter is still effective in limited minutes and with a limited role,he could easily end up on Boston or with Knicks who aren't afraid to sign vets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Because he's a fuckhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
All this noise just illustrates how fucked this franchise is.
You guys still don't see how you have confused and misled hate for the man? It's being revealed that he never wanted out by the primary people involved but you're still choosing to have anger towards Vince

It would be great for Carter to finish his career here and have his jersey retired. Most of these players who play or have played for the organization,their fondest memories of the Raptors before them are related to VC. This is the best way to move on. I'm sure alot of you rather have him than Fields right now and even at his old age he's better than Kleiza lol.
@BaileysBlitz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,340
Representing:
Default

If he still offers anything that can help this team win, then I'd be all for it. But I don't want to sign him just for the nostalgia.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,267
Representing:
Default

We'd be even more of a laughingstock franchise if we took back a player who ACTIVELY tanked his game to force a trade and then tortured us when he was in another uni.

Bosh... T-Mac... Damon... they had every right to leave. They fulfilled their contracts and always played hard for us.

I will NEVER... EVER... support of forgive a player who admits to dogging it when he's being paid a king's ransom to play the game that he loves.

The day that he rejoins the team is the day I stop watching the Raps. Fuck him.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,671
Representing:
Default

Is it bad that I would want this to happen?
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #49 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,533
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
We'd be even more of a laughingstock franchise if we took back a player who ACTIVELY tanked his game to force a trade and then tortured us when he was in another uni.

Bosh... T-Mac... Damon... they had every right to leave. They fulfilled their contracts and always played hard for us.

I will NEVER... EVER... support of forgive a player who admits to dogging it when he's being paid a king's ransom to play the game that he loves.

The day that he rejoins the team is the day I stop watching the Raps. Fuck him.
Damon forced a trade mid-season.

Just sayin'.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2049er View Post
I'd take Vince back 4 Landry Fields.
I would too, mainly because he could make an open shot and is probably still more athletic at his age than fields is right now
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #51 (permalink)
alive.

Member
 
gtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OT
Posts: 398
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
We'd be even more of a laughingstock franchise if we took back a player who ACTIVELY tanked his game to force a trade and then tortured us when he was in another uni.

Bosh... T-Mac... Damon... they had every right to leave. They fulfilled their contracts and always played hard for us.

I will NEVER... EVER... support of forgive a player who admits to dogging it when he's being paid a king's ransom to play the game that he loves.

The day that he rejoins the team is the day I stop watching the Raps. Fuck him.
Completely agree. Vince might have changed, and he might understand that he made some mistakes here. But he can't change what happened and how he played in his last days... If Toronto decides to retire his jersey one day, (as was discussed in the interview with him on Tim and Sid) then we are deciding to commemorate someone who gave up on this team.
gtanev is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #52 (permalink)
a Professional Troller, Lackluster Poster

Member
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 154
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
We'd be even more of a laughingstock franchise if we took back a player who ACTIVELY tanked his game to force a trade and then tortured us when he was in another uni.

Bosh... T-Mac... Damon... they had every right to leave. They fulfilled their contracts and always played hard for us.

I will NEVER... EVER... support of forgive a player who admits to dogging it when he's being paid a king's ransom to play the game that he loves.

The day that he rejoins the team is the day I stop watching the Raps. Fuck him.
+1

(minus the Bosh and Damon line - Bosh was "injured" near the end of his last season, basically did the same as Carter, just a less obvious way)

It's the principle behind it.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #53 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

He didn't achieve enough to have his number retired.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #54 (permalink)
#northernUjirising

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,375
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
meh.
jeff has a point, that headband of his keeps in all the fuck inside. gotta be careful about cases like these.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

As Acie pointed out, Damon did the same.... you guys are living in the past. Get over it. He'd be an upgrade here despite being old as fuck and he'd likely be a positive story that brings major attention to our franchise. It's a no-brainer. They love how he's taking on a mentorship role in D, why can't we get guys like him that have been at the top and now are guiding others.... especially guys that have been up there, fallen, and now realize some mistakes they've made. Instead, we ask DD to be our leader? This is absurd. Look at what Magloire was able to do last season.... remember he was supposed to be an outcast too after declining to play for Canada. You're living in the past and buying into the BS that DD can lead us. There is so much more to playing in this league than just being young and athletic. Vince coming back would be a major positive for this franchise while eliminating a major negative.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #56 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 520
Representing:
Default

so rob babcock basically confirmed Mitchell's story. and compared it to a breakup where a girl then changes her mind. no this wasnt like that. this was the face of the franchise and you're getting guys that i cant even name in return?
Luckedout is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #57 (permalink)
Raps over Nets in 5!

Senior Member
 
@BaileysBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
As Acie pointed out, Damon did the same.... you guys are living in the past. Get over it. He'd be an upgrade here despite being old as fuck and he'd likely be a positive story that brings major attention to our franchise. It's a no-brainer. They love how he's taking on a mentorship role in D, why can't we get guys like him that have been at the top and now are guiding others.... especially guys that have been up there, fallen, and now realize some mistakes they've made. Instead, we ask DD to be our leader? This is absurd. Look at what Magloire was able to do last season.... remember he was supposed to be an outcast too after declining to play for Canada. You're living in the past and buying into the BS that DD can lead us. There is so much more to playing in this league than just being young and athletic. Vince coming back would be a major positive for this franchise while eliminating a major negative.
I agree with everything. DeRozan can lead or contribute to team leadership in the future,not vocally but on the floor if he continues to improve his game but he's not there yet. Lowry is the closest thing to a leader on this roster.
@BaileysBlitz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
Raps over Nets in 5!

Senior Member
 
@BaileysBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckedout View Post
so rob babcock basically confirmed Mitchell's story. and compared it to a breakup where a girl then changes her mind. no this wasnt like that. this was the face of the franchise and you're getting guys that i cant even name in return?
We traded Carter for Joey Graham essentially,as far as relevance goes.

Zo- bought out
A.Will- cut or bought(can't remember,but rarely played)
E. Will- traded for scraps I believe (struggled mightily when he did play)
1st round pick(used in a trade to acquire Antonio Davis who had an expiring contract in the jalen rose deal)
1st round pick- drafted joey graham (only piece from this deal that lasted more than a couple seasons and was a BUST!)

Biggest rip off,I don't know how Stern and co. allowed this deal. I'm even more baffled as to why Babcock agreed to and refused to call off this trade,smh!

Last edited by @BaileysBlitz; 11-08-2012 at 03:12 PM.
@BaileysBlitz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
We traded Carter for Joey Graham essentially,as far as relevance goes.

Zo- bought out
A.Will- cut or bought(can't remember,but rarely played)
E. Will- traded for scraps I believe (struggled mightily when he did play)
1st round pick(used in a trade to acquire Antonio Davis who had an expiring contract in the jalen rose deal)
1st round pick- drafted joey graham (only piece from this deal that lasted more than a couple seasons and was a BUST!)

Biggest rip off,I don't know how Stern and co. allowed this deal. I'm even more baffled as to why Babcock agreed to and refused to call of this trade,smh!
stern agree because it would send 1 of the biggest names at the time in the nba to an american market and out of canada
heck, for all we know stern made the Raptors do this trade
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,307
Representing:
Default

hearing sam tell that story makes vince sound even more douchey to me. first he wants to go, and then, when the final pieces are being put together, he suddenly wants to stay so he meets with sam but never contacts babcock or tannenbaum. and he does this all when it's basically too late.

these lines from sam were the most telling to me:

"would they (tannenbaum and babcock) have even believed vince because he had been so egregious in his statements about wanting to be traded?"

"it was (a toxic situation with vince)"


edit - just listened to babcock, and he confirmed that vince did demand a trade (which lowered his value), that the request to sam about staying was too late, and that he wouldn't have believed vince unless vince took the time to be clear about why he changed so suddenly, given the long history of saying the exact opposite.


"so egregiuos in his demands." yikes.


dude flat out forced a trade and dogged it on the court to make sure it happened. there's no going back after that, and there's most certainly no bringing back a player that did that. and retiring his number? aw hell, no. hellllllll no.

Last edited by 'trane; 11-08-2012 at 03:44 PM.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24