Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Vecsey Likes the O'Neal Acquisition (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/vecsey-likes-oneal-acquisition-2430.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 06-27-2008 04:16 PM

Vecsey Likes the O'Neal Acquisition
 
I'm kind of surprised that Pete's actually positive about this move because he's usually one of the Raptor's most negative critics. :cwm34:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Vecsey
The Raptors, meanwhile, were very good the season before last, winning the Atlantic Division, and just plain good this past year. By acquiring Jermaine O'Neal from the Pacers for extraneous playmaker T.J. Ford, conceptually, no opponent from either conference should be able to sweat them.

Never hesitant to take a risk, team president Bryan Colangelo is gambling his limit this time by taking on a contract ($44M for two years) owned by a chronically injured player. Count me in for a piece of that action.

Should O'Neal return to All-Star form the Raptors' upside is equally boundless. I'm told he's in excellent shape while joining a title contender is certain to boost his dwindling spirit.

Pretend you care and ask the fans howling at the Jamario Moon who they would rather have, the frontline of Bosh-O'Neal-Andrea Bargnani . . . Bogut-Jefferson-Villanueva . . . or Eddy Curry-Zach Randolph-Gallinari?

Source - Click here

Acie 06-27-2008 04:22 PM

There's that "title contender" thing again.

WTF are these guys smoking? lol

LX 06-27-2008 04:22 PM

He's not been all that negative. Not like some others. He's just been full of shit on some occasions. But he's always preferred Jose over TJ, and has seen the need for Bosh to get help.

Benzo 06-27-2008 04:29 PM

I hope Vecsey gets an STD.

Dr. J. Naismith 06-27-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 39483)
I hope Vecsey gets an STD.

Better hope he doesn't hook up with Mo Pete then. ;)

Benzo 06-27-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 39484)
Better hope he doesn't hook up with Mo Pete then. ;)

Im leaving this forum.

Dr. J. Naismith 06-27-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 39485)
Im leaving this forum.

I dare you to find a better Raptors forum out there.

:poopy:

Benzo 06-27-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 39486)
I dare you to find a better Raptors forum out there.

:poopy:

I'm gonna start my own.

www.benzoisthebossgoraptors.com

INSIDER 06-27-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Should O'Neal return to All-Star form the Raptors' upside is equally boundless. I'm told he's in excellent shape while joining a title contender is certain to boost his dwindling spirit.
i smiled at the excellent shape part, then laughed at the title contender part...

i'm hoping his knee is 100%, if so, we are on our way up baby!
i had JO on my fantasy team last year, and i wanted to pull my hair out cause he was so often-injured... the last straw was when he 'packed it in' for the remainder of the season with about 2 months to go.
i remembering them saying something like, "the pacers have no shot making the playoffs, so o'neal is going to rest his knee and get healthy again rather than push himself."
at the time i was pissed! but now i'm so happy. he took alot of time off to rest his knee and get back 100%, this could be HUGE trade for us if he really is back to his normal healthy self.

jeffb 06-27-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 (Post 39479)
There's that "title contender" thing again.

WTF are these guys smoking? lol

Exactly! They're a major injury away as it stands (w/team the way it's curently constructed) from missing the Playoffs.

Superjudge 06-27-2008 07:40 PM

Exactly what we all said about Boston.

Think about it.

In the last week or so I have read countless post about how Calderon had better improve now, even though he a top 5 PG in the league.

I've heard how ONeal is finished, even though he is almost 100% rehabbed, and still has 6 minths to gain strength.

Bosh is Bosh.

Bargnani is now shit, and can be traded, even though he played sick or hurt for most of last year while trying to learn to play the hardest position n the NBA at th age of 22....

Parker is amazing, too bad he's going to Greece.....whats that? You mean he's staying, well our 2 guard is shitty, we have a glaring weakness there, Parker is old and shitty. Whats that, oh, you mena he IS going, FUCK, he was our only true defender, intangibles...oh, he's not leaving, for real this time, we better get Pietrus, Parker is shitty.

You all suck balls.

Honestly.

They say Contender because you have three fucking allstar players at key positions, a solid vet two guard and 3 swing that were both in the top 5 in 3pt percentage league wide, a rookie of the year finalist who can only get better, and a fucking 7 foot enigma that can, and will improove, and who scares teams when he is on. And aside from Delfino, pretty much the same bench

If you cannot see this, you're blind.

If your only argument is, what if they get hurt, you're being obtuse.

I ain't saying plan the parade route, I AM saying that should things go as planned, and it's not at ALL a long shot to expect they will, thi steam can be very VERY good.

On emore thing. Watch how much the cour topens up now with Oneal AND Bosh out there for Kapono and pArker and Jose.

Hole sheep shit, its gonna rain

moremilk 06-27-2008 07:49 PM

so is Boston - without Garnett for a full season they don't make the playoffs. SAS doesn't make the playoffs without Duncan, Orlando without Howard or Cavs without Lebron. Lakers without Kobe are a lottery team, Miami without wade don't win a game ... Not sure what your point is here ...

That being said, I have major doubts we miss the playoffs even if Jermain goes down. Without him we are still basically the same team we were in January and February when TJ was hurt. And we were a .600 team over that stretch. We still have (probably) two all stars on our team in Jose and Bosh. We still have Parker at SG and Moon (who can on ly be better next season) at SF. We still have Bargnani starting at C, and he should be at least as good (or bad) as last season. Nothing really changed.

moremilk 06-27-2008 07:52 PM

then again, I'd LOVE for people to start underrating us. They did the same thing to Boston, and it got them so pumped that they swept the league basically.

Gurk 06-27-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 39548)
Exactly what we all said about Boston.

Think about it.

In the last week or so I have read countless post about how Calderon had better improve now, even though he a top 5 PG in the league.

I've heard how ONeal is finished, even though he is almost 100% rehabbed, and still has 6 minths to gain strength.

Bosh is Bosh.

Bargnani is now shit, and can be traded, even though he played sick or hurt for most of last year while trying to learn to play the hardest position n the NBA at th age of 22....

Parker is amazing, too bad he's going to Greece.....whats that? You mean he's staying, well our 2 guard is shitty, we have a glaring weakness there, Parker is old and shitty. Whats that, oh, you mena he IS going, FUCK, he was our only true defender, intangibles...oh, he's not leaving, for real this time, we better get Pietrus, Parker is shitty.

You all suck balls.

Honestly.

They say Contender because you have three fucking allstar players at key positions, a solid vet two guard and 3 swing that were both in the top 5 in 3pt percentage league wide, a rookie of the year finalist who can only get better, and a fucking 7 foot enigma that can, and will improove, and who scares teams when he is on. And aside from Delfino, pretty much the same bench

If you cannot see this, you're blind.

If your only argument is, what if they get hurt, you're being obtuse.

I ain't saying plan the parade route, I AM saying that should things go as planned, and it's not at ALL a long shot to expect they will, thi steam can be very VERY good.

On emore thing. Watch how much the cour topens up now with Oneal AND Bosh out there for Kapono and pArker and Jose.

Hole sheep shit, its gonna rain

Nice I totally agree good article but i also agree with moremilk both very good arguments.

Superjudge 06-27-2008 07:55 PM

Well mine isn't an argument really, it's just the truth!!

:)

moremilk 06-27-2008 08:00 PM

call it common sense ...

Krazy Ivan 06-27-2008 08:29 PM

Bosh's heel and O'Neel's knee hold key to Raps being success or failure next season.

LX 06-27-2008 08:38 PM

Being a contender isn't such a big deal. There were about 8 contenders last season. Maybe more. Probably less, but only because too many teams made panicky moves to become stronger contenders and went backwards instead.

The MVP of West Hollywood 06-27-2008 08:44 PM

Well if Detroit blows it up this year... we're right in there for 2nd best team in the conference. And if Boston gets injured or just plain declines (Ray Allen's gonna be shitty real soon), you never know, could give them a scare.

I don't think we'd be able to beat the Lakers, Hornets, Jazz, Spurs, etc. in the West though.

JayJayW 06-27-2008 08:52 PM

Wow sj

i thought u would like it more if there was a Eddy curry and zack randolfph better:P


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24