Is Vasquez this bad? - Page 5
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #81 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,932
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

i hate him chucking those so ugly floaters randomly
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #82 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,296
Representing:
Default

He stops ball movement and dribbles the ball for 15 seconds while ''looking to create'' than he either dishes for a difficult shot or chucks himself. He has good court vision ,but that doesn't matter if he doesn't capitalize on our strength (ball movement).
His defense is as bad as it gets. Having said that I do think he is in a slump, but he needs to sit down until he gets his shit straight, because he is costing us games.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #83 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 170
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario View Post
i hate him chucking those so ugly floaters randomly
Ok. I started this trade, and I have mentioned many times how badly Vasquez has been playing, but I should say here, that those floaters he is missing now, are the ones he use to make almost every time last year. So I certainly prefer for him to try and get his confidence back trying a few of those floaters which are his signature shot, rather than him taking 5 or 7 3 pointers per game
Morsatun is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #84 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 170
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
I do think he is in a slump, but he needs to sit down until he gets his shit straight, because he is costing us games.
Ok, I feel like I am defending him now after giving him shit for a while, but so far there has only been one game we can say we sort of lost because of him, and that is the one against Miami, other than that, he had played badly but has not really cost is games.
By the way, despite how badly he played today, we actually won by 8 points wile he was in court
Morsatun is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #85 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsatun View Post
Ok, I feel like I am defending him now after giving him shit for a while, but so far there has only been one game we can say we sort of lost because of him, and that is the one against Miami, other than that, he had played badly but has not really cost is games.
By the way, despite how badly he played today, we actually won by 8 points wile he was in court
Look I have no intension of mixing him up with the shit, but I say what I see. He might not have cost many games, but we are much worse with him on the floor. And it's only a matter of time until his bad play will be deciding factor between winning or loosing. That 8 point swing is more of a credit to TR, Salmon's and PP IMO.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #86 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,137
Representing:
Default

This fuck is selfish and a no defense playing black hole. He has to go to the bench for stone to teach him a lesson or he has to sit on the bench until hes traded. I have never hated a raptor more than vasquez in the last 5 games.

I dont give a fuck of hes costing us games hes killing the bench.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #87 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 170
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Look I have no intension of mixing him up with the shit, but I say what I see. He might not have cost many games, but we are much worse with him on the floor. And it's only a matter of time until his bad play will be deciding factor between winning or loosing. That 8 point swing is more of a credit to TR, Salmon's and PP IMO.
I agree with you that if he keeps playing this badly, it will cost us eventually. My only point is that I seriously doubt that a player can regain its confidence from the bench. What I am saying is that given what we have in the team right now, it is reasonable to keep playing him for a wile to see if he gets better. If he starts hurting us, by all means bench him, but sitting him down right away may not be the smartest move. Not for the chances of him starting to play better, or at least to save some of his trade value.
Morsatun is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:40 AM   #88 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Like I and others have said before, if KL goes down and/or is dealt and GV plays KL's minutes, the team would decline.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #89 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,137
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Like I and others have said before, if KL goes down and/or is dealt and GV plays KL's minutes, the team would decline.
You say this like its some kind of interesting point or revelation. If Kevin Durant gets hurt the Thunder would decline.. ya..wow.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #90 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,691
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
You say this like its some kind of interesting point or revelation. If Kevin Durant gets hurt the Thunder would decline.. ya..wow.
you are missing the point, what he implies is that lowry is as critical to us as durant is to OKC. If Durant goes down, OKC takes a major hit. If Westbrook goes down, they can tread water more or less, because they have reggie jackson behind to cover for him to some extent.

the gap between lowry for 36mpg and vasquez for 12 to vasquez for 36 and stone for 12 is, based on their recent play, absolutely massive. I would expect vasquez to pick up his game a bit if he gets long minutes, but still - we'd be droppping like a stone. The past 3 games, when vasquez has been particularly terrible, you could see how the team would basically be unrecognisable with him running the point. I can only imagine how 12 minutes of stone would look like ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #91 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,742
Representing:
Default

I think Vasquez would surprise some people with big minutes. He's like Turkoglu - he need's ball.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #92 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,234
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
I think Vasquez would surprise some people with big minutes. He's like Turkoglu - he need's ball.
I do think he's one of those players that plays better as a starter with bigger minutes. That being said, he's been horrid!!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #93 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,137
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
you are missing the point, what he implies is that lowry is as critical to us as durant is to OKC. If Durant goes down, OKC takes a major hit. If Westbrook goes down, they can tread water more or less, because they have reggie jackson behind to cover for him to some extent.

the gap between lowry for 36mpg and vasquez for 12 to vasquez for 36 and stone for 12 is, based on their recent play, absolutely massive. I would expect vasquez to pick up his game a bit if he gets long minutes, but still - we'd be droppping like a stone. The past 3 games, when vasquez has been particularly terrible, you could see how the team would basically be unrecognisable with him running the point. I can only imagine how 12 minutes of stone would look like ...
No I'm not missing the point. I mentioned Durant not him. When any team's best player gets hurt they will decline. And yes GV sucks. What subtlety is there to miss? Its still not any revelation.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #94 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,691
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
No I'm not missing the point. I mentioned Durant not him. When any team's best player gets hurt they will decline. And yes GV sucks. What subtlety is there to miss? Its still not any revelation.
Maybe not to you, but lots of people on this board doubt our play would go in the tank if we would trade Lowry.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
No I'm not missing the point. I mentioned Durant not him. When any team's best player gets hurt they will decline. And yes GV sucks. What subtlety is there to miss? Its still not any revelation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
Maybe not to you, but lots of people on this board doubt our play would go in the tank if we would trade Lowry.
Thanks moremilk saved me from making a few posts/replies.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #96 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

i don't know. is he this bad?

shooting seems cold, but i still think he's alright out there. makes some nice passes and looks to get the whole team involved. Even with his poor shooting i don't have too much of a problem over the shots he takes.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #97 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 243
Representing:
Default

GV is indeed a Calderon mini me. In fact, I'd rather have Calderon over him. Calderon shoots better....better passer. If we just stop with the whole PG drama...it could've worked. Calderon never demanded minutes, he just wants to play...give hime 12mpg and he'll be good.
7shikamaru7 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #98 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 605
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I do think he's one of those players that plays better as a starter with bigger minutes. That being said, he's been horrid!!
I saw a game with.. was it Miami or Indiana commentators? and they said they talked to Vasquez before the game and he's dissapointed not to be a starter (though he's happy).
Imagine him playing 36 mins! DD'd be standing there, scratching his ear, c'mon already!
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #99 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,100
Representing:
Default

^I dont think Caldy would be good with 12 mpg. Especially since he's running the show in Dallas. He maybe would tolerate 12 mpg if he had to but I dont think he would be content with it.
Stonezz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #100 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
I saw a game with.. was it Miami or Indiana commentators? and they said they talked to Vasquez before the game and he's dissapointed not to be a starter (though he's happy).
Imagine him playing 36 mins! DD'd be standing there, scratching his ear, c'mon already!
I was following him in SAC and unfortunate for GV, he is not a starter at this point in his career. He was horrid over in Sac also, and the only reason he started, was so that IT2 could come off the bench with 30-35 min a game. GV was basicly the guy who started games, but did not finish them. If he gets his shots to start dropping then maybe, he could become a starter, but as of now there is no way he starts unless its to lead a tank right into the ground.
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24