Valanciunas: Workout with Alex McKechnie
Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,247
Representing:
Default Valanciunas: Workout with Alex McKechnie

Found this video


Last edited by Nites; 06-25-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,239
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

awesome video, thanks for the post
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,599
Representing:
Default

very nice
MCKechie really knows his stuff. Looks like he is fixing the problems before they occur. Right stance and posture and movement before you put on muscle

Speaking of which, Jonas will need to add a lot of muscle.
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,517
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post

Speaking of which, Jonas will need to add a lot of muscle.
Captain obvious. The kid is 20yrs old and I think people are going to have to be patient here.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,599
Representing:
Default

maybe I should have underlined A LOT
He looked like a stick figure next to Sabonis
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,517
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
maybe I should have underlined A LOT
He looked like a stick figure next to Sabonis
I hope so, he's half his age.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,768
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
maybe I should have underlined A LOT
He looked like a stick figure next to Sabonis
To be fair...most look like a stick next to Sab
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,105
Representing:
Default

I think Jonas wont struggle as much as we think. He plays his position as a lanky offensive player, keeping the ball up high and barely posts up. Though on defense, he will def go down amirs path in fouling out a lot his first season or two.
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nekhmer View Post
I think Jonas wont struggle as much as we think. He plays his position as a lanky offensive player, keeping the ball up high and barely posts up. Though on defense, he will def go down amirs path in fouling out a lot his first season or two.
Agree! He plays so long, he might get bullied a bit, but chances are his length is going to give problems to alot of players. His offensive game is much more polished than both Ed and Amir already though I can imagine a transition to the speed of the NBA will take place. I still think he'll be in the ROY race with Beal and MKG, with Davis lagging behind.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Agree! He plays so long, he might get bullied a bit, but chances are his length is going to give problems to alot of players. His offensive game is much more polished than both Ed and Amir already though I can imagine a transition to the speed of the NBA will take place. I still think he'll be in the ROY race with Beal and MKG, with Davis lagging behind.
I chuckle at your posts, I really do. You say it with such confidence, it really is ridiculous.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,567
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
I chuckle at your posts, I really do. You say it with such confidence, it really is ridiculous.
your penchant for unintentional humour is off the charts pzabby!
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
I chuckle at your posts, I really do. You say it with such confidence, it really is ridiculous.
lol, I was being playful with that last line! It's nice to be appreciated, you're too kind to say such nice things.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
your penchant for unintentional humour is off the charts pzabby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
lol, I was being playful with that last line! It's nice to be appreciated, you're too kind to say such nice things.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

The guy is right, Davis is all potential, he may not light it up his first year.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
The guy is right, Davis is all potential, he may not light it up his first year.
he's only been a PF for a couple of seasons. used to a guard before that.
Davis adjusted quickly to play big men in college, be the player of the year and win a title. I think he can make some noise in his first year.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

He might, I'm just saying that he may not. It isn't anything his team would worry bout either, he will likely become very good. So I guess I'm just saying that some of the other rooks might have a chance.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,247
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
very nice
MCKechie really knows his stuff. Looks like he is fixing the problems before they occur. Right stance and posture and movement before you put on muscle

Speaking of which, Jonas will need to add a lot of muscle.
He looks to be around 230-235 pounds right now. After about 2 seasons I hope he can get up to 250-260.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Not bad. Dwight Howard was what, 240?

Wish we could find out JV's current weight.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Jonas will be a better rebounder as a rookie than Bargs ever will be.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24