Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Valanciunas: Workout with Alex McKechnie (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/valanciunas-workout-alex-mckechnie-23192.html)

Nites 06-25-2012 04:29 AM

Valanciunas: Workout with Alex McKechnie
 
Found this video


Dario 06-25-2012 05:07 AM

awesome video, thanks for the post

Shifty.py 06-25-2012 06:18 AM

very nice
MCKechie really knows his stuff. Looks like he is fixing the problems before they occur. Right stance and posture and movement before you put on muscle

Speaking of which, Jonas will need to add a lot of muscle.

Windex 06-25-2012 07:48 AM


jeffb 06-25-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty.py (Post 657364)

Speaking of which, Jonas will need to add a lot of muscle.

Captain obvious. The kid is 20yrs old and I think people are going to have to be patient here.

Shifty.py 06-25-2012 08:50 AM

maybe I should have underlined A LOT
He looked like a stick figure next to Sabonis

jeffb 06-25-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty.py (Post 657380)
maybe I should have underlined A LOT
He looked like a stick figure next to Sabonis

I hope so, he's half his age.

DocHoliday99 06-25-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty.py (Post 657380)
maybe I should have underlined A LOT
He looked like a stick figure next to Sabonis

To be fair...most look like a stick next to Sab

0nekhmer 06-25-2012 11:30 AM

I think Jonas wont struggle as much as we think. He plays his position as a lanky offensive player, keeping the ball up high and barely posts up. Though on defense, he will def go down amirs path in fouling out a lot his first season or two.

carp 06-25-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0nekhmer (Post 657407)
I think Jonas wont struggle as much as we think. He plays his position as a lanky offensive player, keeping the ball up high and barely posts up. Though on defense, he will def go down amirs path in fouling out a lot his first season or two.

Agree! He plays so long, he might get bullied a bit, but chances are his length is going to give problems to alot of players. His offensive game is much more polished than both Ed and Amir already though I can imagine a transition to the speed of the NBA will take place. I still think he'll be in the ROY race with Beal and MKG, with Davis lagging behind.

pzabby 06-25-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 657411)
Agree! He plays so long, he might get bullied a bit, but chances are his length is going to give problems to alot of players. His offensive game is much more polished than both Ed and Amir already though I can imagine a transition to the speed of the NBA will take place. I still think he'll be in the ROY race with Beal and MKG, with Davis lagging behind.

I chuckle at your posts, I really do. You say it with such confidence, it really is ridiculous.

'trane 06-25-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 657481)
I chuckle at your posts, I really do. You say it with such confidence, it really is ridiculous.

your penchant for unintentional humour is off the charts pzabby!

carp 06-25-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 657481)
I chuckle at your posts, I really do. You say it with such confidence, it really is ridiculous.

lol, I was being playful with that last line! It's nice to be appreciated, you're too kind to say such nice things.

pzabby 06-25-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 657483)
your penchant for unintentional humour is off the charts pzabby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 657485)
lol, I was being playful with that last line! It's nice to be appreciated, you're too kind to say such nice things.

:v:

Superjudge 06-25-2012 02:57 PM

The guy is right, Davis is all potential, he may not light it up his first year.

Windex 06-25-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 657496)
The guy is right, Davis is all potential, he may not light it up his first year.

he's only been a PF for a couple of seasons. used to a guard before that.
Davis adjusted quickly to play big men in college, be the player of the year and win a title. I think he can make some noise in his first year.

Superjudge 06-25-2012 03:07 PM

He might, I'm just saying that he may not. It isn't anything his team would worry bout either, he will likely become very good. So I guess I'm just saying that some of the other rooks might have a chance.

Nites 06-26-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty.py (Post 657364)
very nice
MCKechie really knows his stuff. Looks like he is fixing the problems before they occur. Right stance and posture and movement before you put on muscle

Speaking of which, Jonas will need to add a lot of muscle.

He looks to be around 230-235 pounds right now. After about 2 seasons I hope he can get up to 250-260.

Carlos Danger 06-26-2012 02:49 AM

Not bad. Dwight Howard was what, 240?

Wish we could find out JV's current weight.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 06-26-2012 09:52 AM

Jonas will be a better rebounder as a rookie than Bargs ever will be.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24