Valanciunas To Sign Deal Soon - Page 2
Old 07-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Durant is a 2 guard with a centers length. That it, and thats why he is deadly, in his eyes, he is always open.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,893
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Lol nope never.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Wingspan from what I've read is 7'4", same as Valanciunas.
I just typed in "anthony davis athleticism" into google and every result that came back said he posses great athleticism as opposed to something like "doesn't posses great athleticism," but yeah, from what i've read, i'm not totally blown away by him. He must've been the definite no.1 pick in a strong(ish) draft for a reason!

basically, i don't subscribe to size thing as much as most. Sure it's important but there's plenty of good undersized players at all positions in the nba.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

yes, but how many of them are stars..like top ten stars? Wade maybe?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

No team can ever match the Dream Team.

11 hall of famers on that team. And if it wasn't for Latener, it'd be 12. That is an absurd number. There will never be a team put together with that much skill again.

This team has 2 hall of famers(Kobe, Lebron) with Durant on his way.

Also if you havent seen it, i highly reccomend people watch the Dream Team special that aired on NBA tv a month ago.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,893
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
yes, but how many of them are stars..like top ten stars? Wade maybe?
true, valid point.

i'd say top 20, even top 30 is acceptable for a no.1 pick. A very good player. They can't all be superstars.

griffin, wall, irving would all be doing very well to become top 10 players.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,166
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
I just typed in "anthony davis athleticism" into google and every result that came back said he posses great athleticism as opposed to something like "doesn't posses great athleticism," but yeah, from what i've read, i'm not totally blown away by him. He must've been the definite no.1 pick in a strong(ish) draft for a reason!

basically, i don't subscribe to size thing as much as most. Sure it's important but there's plenty of good undersized players at all positions in the nba.
Oh crap this whole time I thought u were talking about Eddy. Sorry dude.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,166
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
No team can ever match the Dream Team.

11 hall of famers on that team. And if it wasn't for Latener, it'd be 12. That is an absurd number. There will never be a team put together with that much skill again.

This team has 2 hall of famers(Kobe, Lebron) with Durant on his way.

Also if you havent seen it, i highly reccomend people watch the Dream Team special that aired on NBA tv a month ago.
While I agree with your first sentence, this team will probably have more than 3 HOF from this era. That was the whole positive arguement from Kobe that his team are hitting their prime, so no one knows how their careers will turn out.

Definite HOF -

Kobe
LeBron
Durant
CP3


Definite HOF considerations at this point

Griffin/Davis?
D-Will
Love
Melo for sure if he wins a ring or two
Westbrook
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,843
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post


Definite HOF considerations at this point

Griffin/Davis?
D-Will
Love
Melo for sure if he wins a ring or two
Westbrook
Only Lebron and Kobe are HOF locks at this point.

KD is next in line after them, then CP3, then DWill, and that's it. Melo is on a team whose parts dont fit, so he may end up having another year like last where his PPG is in the low 20s and he bows out in the 1st rd again. NY could end up killing his career the way that team is poorly built, that and him not being able to adjust with playing with other 'star' players.

Westbrook, Love, and Griffin have a LONG way to go. And who knows with Davis;.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,581
Representing:
Default

Confirmed.

Quote:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Raptors sign 2011 first round pick Jonas Valanciunas. Make sure you check out Lithuanian in Olympics. Scouts say he will be special in NBA.
Torontosaurus is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
faster than 80% of all snakes

Member
 
Flinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 205
Representing:
Default

Quote:
RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

The ‪#Raptors‬ announced they have signed 2011 1st rd pick Jonas Valanciunas to rookie contract. Will join club for training camp.
Quote:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Raptors sign 2011 first round pick Jonas Valanciunas. Make sure you check out Lithuanian in Olympics. Scouts say he will be special in NBA.
Flinch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,434
Representing:
Default

Yes, super excited
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchoi213 View Post
I hope he has bulked up since he was drafted a year ago...
I like his mindset and working ethics, but with his skinny body, he can't survive in NBA pro world, imo.
Unfortunately he hasn't bulked up yet. He looks to be around 230 pounds.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,166
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Only Lebron and Kobe are HOF locks at this point.

KD is next in line after them, then CP3, then DWill, and that's it. Melo is on a team whose parts dont fit, so he may end up having another year like last where his PPG is in the low 20s and he bows out in the 1st rd again. NY could end up killing his career the way that team is poorly built, that and him not being able to adjust with playing with other 'star' players.

Westbrook, Love, and Griffin have a LONG way to go. And who knows with Davis;.
I was just saying consider them lol. They have definitley started out their careers accordingly.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Only Lebron and Kobe are HOF locks at this point.

KD is next in line after them, then CP3, then DWill, and that's it. Melo is on a team whose parts dont fit, so he may end up having another year like last where his PPG is in the low 20s and he bows out in the 1st rd again. NY could end up killing his career the way that team is poorly built, that and him not being able to adjust with playing with other 'star' players.

Westbrook, Love, and Griffin have a LONG way to go. And who knows with Davis;.
Only LeBron and Kobe?

Duncan
Garnett
Kidd
Pierce
Allen
Nash
Nowitzki
Wade

Are all a sure shot lock

Last edited by Nites; 07-18-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,843
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites View Post
Only LeBron and Kobe?

Duncan
Garnett
Kidd
Pierce
Allen
Nash
Nowitzki
Wade

Are all a sure shot lock
We're talking about the current USA olympic team, not the current NBA players
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24