Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Valanciunas has landed in Toronto (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/valanciunas-has-landed-toronto-23673.html)

Aamir 09-16-2012 12:15 AM

Valanciunas has landed in Toronto
 
http://s12.postimage.org/rhrv8k3jt/5...44508444_n.jpg

LightsOut 09-16-2012 01:29 AM

LOL we're fucked

Bargn88 09-16-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsOut (Post 682054)
LOL we're fucked

??

LightsOut 09-16-2012 02:04 AM

funny stance thats all

pzabby 09-16-2012 02:12 AM

Hes sooooooo long
This is awesome. Imagine that frame with 30-40 pounds on it in a couple years. Hed be a monster. And hes all ours:dancing:

Kirby 09-16-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsOut (Post 682054)
LOL we're fucked

LOL.
don't worry, I found humour in this.

Nites 09-16-2012 05:37 AM

Who picked him up from the airport? Colangelo?

Deez 09-16-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 682059)
Hes sooooooo long
This is awesome. Imagine that frame with 30-40 pounds on it in a couple years. Hed be a monster. And hes all ours:dancing:

Colangelo said a few weeks ago tat he was currently 248lbs. I do wonder what his ideal playing weight will end up being. i.e. Will he capitaize more on running and crashing or bruising?

For example, I can understand why Bosh is trying to put on a couple of pounds to play centre this year. (not saying Jo-V = Bosh) It may be partially with an eye on the Lakers because I do remember Bosh dropping 30 and 40 on Dwight a few times against Orlando.

"We could not handle Bosh's speed"
- Stan Van Gundy

macs 09-16-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMughal (Post 682048)

It might be the way he's standing, but Val doesn't look very wide down low, with what look like thin hips. Looks more like a PF, than a C. Would like to see him next to Bynum or Howard, or even M Gasol.

(yes, I know he's still young and going to grow, but he looks more like a Bosh than a Bynum)

LKeet6 09-16-2012 12:18 PM

I've always pictured him being a mobile C. He may have the body of a PF (for now,) but he has a C's game. He may never have the bulk to match howard or bynum but that doesn't mean he can't be a great player. He can still be a good defender and rebounder and his mobility will be a huge plus on D and O.

Bill Haverchuck 09-16-2012 01:47 PM

Even Dwight was pretty thin for a C when he entered the league. Yeah, I think Dwight was a bit younger than Jova as a rookie, but Jova also doesn't need to obtain Dwight's current physique. Point is, most Cs do some substantial physical maturing/weight gain after a couple of years with NBA trainers hounding/guiding them.


Bargn88 09-16-2012 02:07 PM

First person to find me a picture of Bargn and Val on the same court wins my admiration and respect forever

Zalgiris 09-16-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 682109)
First person to find me a picture of Bargn and Val on the same court wins my admiration and respect forever

You can promise a billion for that pic, they never played on the same court so you could keep the billion

Zalgiris 09-16-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck (Post 682106)
Even Dwight was pretty thin for a C when he entered the league. Yeah, I think Dwight was a bit younger than Jova as a rookie, but Jova also doesn't need to obtain Dwight's current physique. Point is, most Cs do some substantial physical maturing/weight gain after a couple of years with NBA trainers hounding/guiding them.

Dwight Howard rookie summer league

In the video D12 looks better built (bigger arms) than JV looks at this moment, being one year older than Dwight was :/ But they do play very similar !!!

Bargn88 09-16-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalgiris (Post 682111)
You can promise a billion for that pic, they never played on the same court so you could keep the billion

Well I meant in the future, once they start practising together and eventually game action.

ClutchCity 09-16-2012 02:43 PM

I don't think Val will ever match the size of Bynum or Dwight, but I don't think he needs to. I think he'll have a Tyson Chandler-like body type. And that's fine.

Aamir 09-16-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nites (Post 682068)
Who picked him up from the airport? Colangelo?

I did. :cookie:

pzabby 09-16-2012 04:05 PM

nah guys he cabbed it

:cookie:

box92 09-16-2012 09:07 PM

championship time

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 09-16-2012 09:11 PM

It would be great if JonasV could turn out to be Noah but with much better offense.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24