Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   USA Today: Calderon asks to be traded? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/usa-today-calderon-asks-traded-24247.html)

jeffb 12-11-2012 10:40 AM

USA Today: Calderon asks to be traded?
 
Nobody wants these two. :(


http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1759593

.
Quote:

The Lakers have been reported as a possible destination for Bargnani as part of a possible deal involving forward Pau Gasol, but the big man is up for discussion in any and all trade talks so long as the potential pieces coming Toronto's are good enough that they could help right this ship. Point guard Jose Calderon has made it clear that he would like to be traded, and Colangelo continues to explore the possibilities there as well. A Raptors trade of some significance, more than likely, is on the horizon.

As for Colangelo's pointed comments – made both on television and in print – it appears his intent was more to rattle the cages of his players than it was to foreshadow a coaching change. Time will tell if it worked, though the Raptors have a prime chance to turn it around considering five of their next six games are at home (against Brooklyn, Dallas, Houston, Detroit and Orlando with a road game at Cleveland).

Like Colangelo, Casey's fate is expected to be determined at the end of the season. It wasn't too long ago, of course, that their bosses were thrilled with Casey's ability to establish a defense-first culture and take the winning percentage from .268 the season prior to Casey's arrival to .348 in his debut campaign.

MrClutch 12-11-2012 10:42 AM

interesting

Obi-Wan Quinnobi 12-11-2012 10:48 AM

Calderon gets traded, becomes nash prodigy/older rondo

Bargs gets traded, becomes scroring god... defense is not noticed dude to other team members helping out

Both stay here...... both suck

creative1mm 12-11-2012 10:51 AM

well.. if BC can't move them, he will get fired

jeffb 12-11-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creative1mm (Post 719246)
well.. if BC can't move them, he will get fired

He's a gonner either way. Besides, what can you get for an expiring who's a FA in 6 months? A shitty contract? Bargnani will have to be dealt with other pieces to get anything of significance.


FML

carp 12-11-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 719249)
He's a gonner either way. Besides, what can you get for an expiring who's a FA in 6 months? A shitty contract? Bargnani will have to be dealt with other pieces to get anything of significance.


FML

Barbosa got a second round pick... we'd be lucky to get that value... it becomes less and less valuable as it gets closer to the deadline. There will be no bidding war.

FLO 12-11-2012 11:30 AM

Unless you're a superstar in some facet of the game, your value is terrible if you need teammates to cover up for your weaknesses.

pzabby 12-11-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLO (Post 719259)
Unless you're a superstar in some facet of the game, your value is terrible if you need teammates to cover up for your weaknesses.

good thing bargnani is an elite scorer and great man-man defender that you somehow always forget to point out...

carp 12-11-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 719273)
good thing bargnani is an elite scorer and great man-man defender that you somehow always forget to point out...

agreed... we could have used him on JJ Hickson last night who went perfect from the field without anyone else there to guard him.

MikeToronto 12-11-2012 12:34 PM

After the way this team has treated Jose Calderon, I am surprised he finds it in himself to take the floor every game. I know, he is a well-paid professional, but consider this: would you be happy coming to work every day knowing that your boss has tried more than once to get rid of you?

FLO 12-11-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 719278)
After the way this team has treated Jose Calderon, I am surprised he finds it in himself to take the floor every game. I know, he is a well-paid professional, but consider this: would you be happy coming to work every day knowing that your boss has tried more than once to get rid of you?

Are you being serious or joking around? He makes 10 million dollars a year to play basketball. Saying we've treated him poorly is a load. Being traded is part of the game. Yes, Jose has been a professional, but that's how players should act anyways. I refuse to give Jose credit for doing what he should be doing anyways.

jeffb 12-11-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 719278)
After the way this team has treated Jose Calderon, I am surprised he finds it in himself to take the floor every game. I know, he is a well-paid professional, but consider this: would you be happy coming to work every day knowing that your boss has tried more than once to get rid of you?


I would also ask myself why if I were him. Some people act like the Raptors owe Calderon something. He was an undrafted player that we signed. He had a solid first couple seasons and was given an extremely generous contract and is set for life. I really wish that Diaw/Chandler deal went through a couple years ago so this wouldn't even be discussed anymore. I pray that we soon move on from the era of ocho and primo pasta.

God it would be nice just to not see that god damn primo commercial anymore.

Claudius 12-11-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 719278)
After the way this team has treated Jose Calderon, I am surprised he finds it in himself to take the floor every game. I know, he is a well-paid professional, but consider this: would you be happy coming to work every day knowing that your boss has tried more than once to get rid of you?

I agree. He's been made the scape goat one too many times on certain instances.

There was a point and time when he was the only real competitor on this floor, he's always out doing community events and when you see him on the street he will always stop and say hello or thank you, regardless of fan feeling towards him (which I've NEVER understood).

Anyone who's been in a bad work environment could likely sympathize with him. I for one really hope he can move on.

MikeToronto 12-11-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 719283)
I agree. He's been made the scape goat one too many times on certain instances.

There was a point and time when he was the only real competitor on this floor, he's always out doing community events and when you see him on the street he will always stop and say hello or thank you, regardless of fan feeling towards him (which I've NEVER understood).

Anyone who's been in a bad work environment could likely sympathize with him. I for one really hope he can move on.

Thanks for understanding.

MikeToronto 12-11-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLO (Post 719279)
Are you being serious or joking around? He makes 10 million dollars a year to play basketball. Saying we've treated him poorly is a load. Being traded is part of the game. Yes, Jose has been a professional, but that's how players should act anyways. I refuse to give Jose credit for doing what he should be doing anyways.

I am serious.

MikeToronto 12-11-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 719282)
I would also ask myself why if I were him. Some people act like the Raptors owe Calderon something. He was an undrafted player that we signed. He had a solid first couple seasons and was given an extremely generous contract and is set for life. I really wish that Diaw/Chandler deal went through a couple years ago so this wouldn't even be discussed anymore. I pray that we soon move on from the era of ocho and primo pasta.

God it would be nice just to not see that god damn primo commercial anymore.

It is this kind of attitude - "the teams owe nothing to the players" - that turns them into mercenaries and makes their working environment less than ideal, to put it mildly. Have you ever worked for a company that treats the employees in that fashion? Would you want to?

Windex 12-11-2012 01:07 PM

Calderon and Bargs for Pau and a first

carp 12-11-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windex (Post 719292)
Calderon and Bargs for Pau's first

This allows us time to clean house and really load up for 2028.

MikeToronto 12-11-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 719295)
This allows us time to clean house and really load up for 2028.

LOLOLOL. Wrong thread, but you are definitely on a roll... :yeah:

In Russian, this would've been called "laughter through tears".

Raptors1995 12-11-2012 01:12 PM

If we retain our pick this year by some chance, there's a good chance it's gone next year with a better draft class. If we could get Andrew Wiggins man, and if he turns out to be the player he's projected to be, that could be huge for a team like Toronto given Wiggins is Canadian as well.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24