UPDATE: Toronto - Jermaine O'Neal is a Raptor - Page 4
Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #61 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
big what-if
Yes, it is if we deal for Diaw. Do we really think he can bring back the form from a couple years ago or was that season a crap shoot?

With Jermaine you know what your getting. A second scoring option, a great rebounder and a guy that can play some wicked interior defense. Everything that we lacked for the past couple seasons.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #62 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Both the Diaw and Oneal deal suck ass,
but i just have a bad feeling about Oneal
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #63 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,288
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I looked into the history.

Dude aint a lemon at all, he's had a bit of bad luck. Missed 30 games due to Smacking dudes around in Detroit. And a bad knee, which has been fixed.

Gimme a break.

And yes, he is a massive dude now, he is a great center. Hell people are so short minded, I remember people complaining that he was too big for Bosh in the post, heh.
Bad luck? Missing 130 games in 4 seasons is alot more than bad luck.And a knee problem for a 260lbs NBA centre could be lingering and a big issue at any point!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Is this what's gonna happen? Roll out Bargs, O'Neal and Bosh? Huh... interesting.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

So could a hangnail.

So too could an allegic reaction to Shrimp.

His knee is fine.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Bad luck? Missing 130 games in 4 seasons is alot more than bad luck.And a knee problem for a 260lbs NBA centre could be lingering and a big issue at any point!

atleast someone understands
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #67 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

It's a risk guys.. nothing ventured, nothing gained.. and it's not like it's a huge tie up fiscally.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

http://slamonline.com/online/2008/04...danny-granger/

Enjoy.

Dude is honest and to the point.

Get it done.

I'm all for it.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #69 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

just some raptor fans hungry for a big trade to happen, then 11 months later when we exit 1st round... bitching starts again
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #70 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,288
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
Both the Diaw and Oneal deal suck ass,
but i just have a bad feeling about Oneal
You and me both.I know that this won't be popular here but Maggette at almost 1/3 the price would make more sense when he gives you 22PPG/6RPG!O'neal gives me no indication he can give you 20PPG and no more than 7RPG unless healthy which is suspect at best.When your talking a Knee injury to a "big" that usually slow someone that size down and they're often never the same.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #71 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
just some raptor fans hungry for a big trade to happen, then 11 months later when we exit 1st round... bitching starts again
Welcome to professional sports.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You and me both.I know that this won't be popular here but Maggette at almost 1/3 the price would make more sense when he gives you 22PPG/6RPG!O'neal gives me no indication he can give you 20PPG and no more than 7RPG unless healthy which is suspect at best.When your talking a Knee injury to a "big" that usually slow someone that size down and they're often never the same.
Magette fills one void, that being scoring. O'Neal fills three. (scoring, rebounding & defense) Both are just as injury prone as the other. From a financial standpoint I could see your point, but from a talent perspective I unfortunately don't. Sorry

O'Neal Deal > Maggette Deal, in my opinion.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #73 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Welcome to professional sports.
Well sometimes the best trade you make, is the trade you don't make.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #74 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

1. I'm gonna pull an ego-trip here and say a few of you have no idea what it's like to come back from a major injury.

2. I'm also going to say you're being a bit short sighted if you can't see how a possible 20 and 10 at the C where we got MURDERED last year, is different then 22 and 6 from the 3 position, you need basketball 101.

Notice this much. Nobody in the Biz seems to think Oneal is done, why do you all??
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #75 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Magette fills one void, that being scoring. O'Neal fills three. (scoring, rebounding & defense) Both are just as injury prone as the other. From a financial standpoint I could see your point, but from a talent perspective I unfortunately don't. Sorry

O'Neal Deal > Maggette Deal, in my opinion.
I think Maggette would be a better deal, so atleast Bargs can still start and we Bargs lovers can still keep our hopes up
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,288
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
It's a risk guys.. nothing ventured, nothing gained.. and it's not like it's a huge tie up fiscally.
He becomes your highest paid player by far for 2 years (43 million).That for 50 games isn't worth it IMO.And if it doesn't work out,good luck trying to trade an aging Centre with bad a knee making 23 million in 09/10 even if it's an expiring contract. The Pacers have been rumored for two years now trying to trade him and couldn't for several reasons.Main one being his health.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #77 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
Well sometimes the best trade you make, is the trade you don't make.
True, but in this case we know a trade is coming. So there's no way to fight this one. Ford is as good as gone by Thursday at the latest. BOOK IT
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #78 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
I think Maggette would be a better deal, so atleast Bargs can still start and we Bargs lovers can still keep our hopes up
I'm going to ban the next person who continues to blow smoke up Bargs ass. Open your eyes people. :mad:
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
1. I'm gonna pull an ego-trip here and say a few of you have no idea what it's like to come back from a major injury.

2. I'm also going to say you're being a bit short sighted if you can't see how a possible 20 and 10 at the C where we got MURDERED last year, is different then 22 and 6 from the 3 position, you need basketball 101.

Notice this much. Nobody in the Biz seems to think Oneal is done, why do you all??

well all we can do now is sit and watch to see what happens next season!
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #80 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I LOVE Bargnani.

I think he can learn from two more years of 6th man workload.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jermaine O'Neal done? Windex NBA Talk 30 04-26-2009 03:53 PM
Jermaine O'neal Appreciation Thread Kirby Toronto Raptors 45 02-14-2009 03:43 AM
Jermaine O'Neal on player responsibility takman_777 Toronto Raptors 36 02-06-2009 07:42 AM
Jermaine O'Neal is kryptonite! takman_777 Toronto Raptors 16 11-18-2008 10:01 PM
Jermaine O'Neal: Reborn with the Raptors Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 8 07-13-2008 12:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24