Ujiri concerned by lack of ball movement
Old 11-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 22,072
Representing:
Default Ujiri concerned by lack of ball movement

Quote:
“One concerning thing to me is we might be 30th in the league in assists,” Masai Ujiri said. “That concerns me a little bit. I think we need to be able to move the ball – share the ball. I think to be a winning team – (we have to) figure out how to play with each other. I think chemistry is a key in team sports. We have good individual players and we just have to figure out a way to bring it all together. Chemistry does not come overnight – So (as) a period of time that comes around that is something I look at because when you look at winning teams, they share the ball and get each other involved.”
Raptors Need To Share The Ball | Pro Bball Report
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,399
Representing:
Default

some of our players should really take an example from fields
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
some of our players should really take an example from fields
Yup. He has a high basketball IQ. He's solid/decent but he would be much more useful if he could make the 3 like in his rookie campaign.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dwaneball. That's how we roll...over

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 3,660
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Yup. He has a high basketball IQ. He's solid/decent but he would be much more useful if he could make the 3 like in his rookie campaign.
He has to just play and stop thinking when he has a shooting opportunity " oh a shot". Stop thinking about the mechanics of his re-made shooting stroke, and just play the game. Keep taking shots until your not thinking about the shot's.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
He has to just play and stop thinking when he has a shooting opportunity " oh a shot". Stop thinking about the mechanics of his re-made shooting stroke, and just play the game. Keep taking shots until your not thinking about the shot's.
Yeah.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,818
Representing:
Default

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
This team's pathetic.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,497
Representing:
Default

Being thirtieth in the league in assists shouldn't concern anyone, we've had so many potential assists that weren't converted!



Actually, we should be very concerned.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
firing casey before 2014

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 557
Representing:
Default

the very thought of utah beating us in assists
firecasey2013 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,567
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Being thirtieth in the league in assists shouldn't concern anyone, we've had so many potential assists that weren't converted!



Actually, we should be very concerned.
If they passed a bunch only to get freethrows, i wouldn't be too concerned.

14th best offense, 6th best defense. MattyD should be so good. I'm more than happy that they put the emphasis on defense. How about those beasts in Detroit that you love so much carp? Where are they ranked?
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,497
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
If they passed a bunch only to get freethrows, i wouldn't be too concerned.

14th best offense, 6th best defense. MattyD should be so good. I'm more than happy that they put the emphasis on defense. How about those beasts in Detroit that you love so much carp? Where are they ranked?
haha... good point, I'll concede that so far, but I'll maintain my excuse that that team needs a bit of time to come together. Adding Jennings and Smith... give them three weeks.... then let's have this talk. Comparing our best conceivable start with their worst isn't really fair! (sarcasm)
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,567
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
haha... good point, I'll concede that so far, but I'll maintain my excuse that that team needs a bit of time to come together. Adding Jennings and Smith... give them three weeks.... then let's have this talk. Comparing our best conceivable start with their worst isn't really fair! (sarcasm)
I'll concede anything can happen, especially after the first two weeks of the season, which i've found to never ever be a great indicator of what happens through the rest of the season.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574
Representing:
Default

i'm not really concern.
we can see it coming around.

3-4 last games they share more the ball; some careless passres ou aproximatives ones, but that will come around.
Bankiz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,567
Representing:
Default

Yep. Nowhere near as concerning as lack of bowel movement.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,625
Representing:
Default

This team will not be able to do anything in the playoffs because of how they play. When teams start playing tough/playoff D (see vs. Chicago) we will get destroyed.

Last edited by KoolAid; 11-23-2013 at 12:55 AM.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,567
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
This team will not be able to do anything in the playoffs because of how they play. When teams start playing tough/playoff D (see vs. Chicago) we will get destroyed.
So the playoffs start next week? When did they decide to do that? And why didn't they just not bother playing the regular season games at all and then just tell Toronto not to bother showing up to play in the playoffs? The NBA needs to be more like a video game. My attention span can handle only so much.

Last edited by LX; 11-23-2013 at 08:50 AM.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
hopefully we use our draft pick this year, let's not miss out this years Rodney hood

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,067
Representing:
Default

fields contract could become valuable with trades, especially with majority of the league wanting to play lets make a deal
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
So the playoffs start next week? When did they decide to do that? And why didn't they just not bother playing the regular season games at all and then just tell Toronto not to bother showing up to play in the playoffs? The NBA needs to be more like a video game. My attention span can handle only so much.
We're nearly a month into the season, which isn't much, but I don't see the team's play style changing unless/until they make some personnel moves. The coach does not seem to think there is anything wrong with his wings having 40 FGA/game and his team being last in assists. Until one of DD/Gay goes or Casey goes, it's unlikely things change.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,567
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
We're nearly a month into the season, which isn't much, but I don't see the team's play style changing unless/until they make some personnel moves. The coach does not seem to think there is anything wrong with his wings having 40 FGA/game and his team being last in assists. Until one of DD/Gay goes or Casey goes, it's unlikely things change.
The coach what? All he's talked about is the need to move the ball, and how they are nowhere near where they need to be. In any case, you point to another example of why the team's play presently cannot be extrapolated to automatically deny them any kind of success in the playoffs - there could be a trade or two. I would say one way or another, change is far more likely than not. So many young players developing, some new guys just starting mesh, and the possibility of Rudy figuring out his role (he is not likely to get worse in that respect), all point to change for the better.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24