Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   TURK IS WORKING!!! (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/turk-working-13003.html)

bjjs 01-22-2010 09:08 PM

TURK IS WORKING!!!
 
About time!

bjjs 01-22-2010 09:12 PM

This is a great sign, he's pissed, he got a haircut, he isn't smiling trying to look cool.

He's just ballin.

Yeah, he couldn't throw a beach ball in an ocean right now, but with his effort and emotion directed in the right place, I think we'll see Turk have some big games coming up.

LX 01-22-2010 09:38 PM

I think he got his head on straight after getting benched in the 4th a couple of games ago.

He's got enough character not to end up being a VC.

fancylad 01-22-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 316547)
Yeah, he couldn't throw a beach ball in an ocean right now, but with his effort and emotion directed in the right place, I think we'll see Turk have some big games coming up.

exactly!

Who cares how horrid his shooting is. Dude is fucking PLAYING and busting his ass.

This is one of my favorite Hedo moments as a raptor.


....and you know he felt the pressure today. When your home fans boo you, that's a slap in the face. In this case a well deserved slap. Let's hope tonight he figured out what kind of a sports town we are and maybe he'll stay in our good book.

RaptorsFan95 01-22-2010 09:51 PM

Yep he actually looks awake this time :dancing:

TORaptor4Ever 01-22-2010 09:55 PM

I agree. His shot was still off but he actually looked like he CARED out there tonight....

... and that's all we've been asking really.

Hope he keeps it up.

jeffb 01-22-2010 10:00 PM

2-10

But he gave great effort tonight. If he keeps that up, his shot will start to go down.

Carlito 01-22-2010 10:02 PM

Agree ... the effort was there. You tell in his posture that he cares.
We TO fans care more about effort and integrity than pure talent ... VC is a great example.

Dann38 01-22-2010 10:13 PM

Credit where and when it's due. He looked like he was really giving an effort tonight.
His defence on Delfino that created the turnover in the fourth was a great hustle play.

fk24 01-22-2010 10:16 PM

+15 tonight.

Beesh 01-22-2010 10:16 PM

it also had to do with the fact that we gave turk the ball more instead of forgetting about him, or giving him the ball when we are losing. He is also driving the ball more...that's good!!
The team needs to trust him with the ball more, then I think he will play much better.

Gurk 01-22-2010 10:21 PM

I said this in the post game thread and I'll say it again, Hedo was great. I don't care if he went 2-10 or 1-10 or whatever. He provided a good spark with his D at the end and his 3 point play GJ

fancylad 01-22-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beesh (Post 316707)
it also had to do with the fact that we gave turk the ball more instead of forgetting about him, or giving him the ball when we are losing. He is also driving the ball more...that's good!!
The team needs to trust him with the ball more, then I think he will play much better.

you make it out like the team didn't trust him enough before, but they did today so that's why he did well.

not really!

If he played with that much intensity in prior games, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

And please with the "the team needs to trust him with the ball more." bah. the team trusts him just fine. They did before too. The problem was never on "the team's end".

LX 01-22-2010 10:28 PM

It's not that he didn't have the effort before, but the last couple of games it's been more determined and sustained. It's gotten him into foul trouble, but that will work itself out, and I'd rather have him frustrated at the refs than at his role or whatever.

He has gotten more touches, and been given more responsibility with the ball, and Jose has taken a lesser role. I would have liked to have seen one or two of those Hedo three-point attempts coming from Jose off a Hedo pass.

soulstice99 01-22-2010 10:48 PM

His shot wasn't falling but he at least broke a sweat tonight.

Good to see.

ClingRap 01-22-2010 11:31 PM

Im still concerned about his shot and lift. he's got nothing right now. he's backrimming so many shots because his legs aren't in the shot.

but i love the effort. i love the hustle. but i think that's the extra, not the norm in a more suitable situation. he's here to score and playmake and make shots.
he's not an energy guy. he's brought in to be a game changer and if we're going to rely on his hustle to change games then we're in trouble.

Beesh 01-22-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 316726)
you make it out like the team didn't trust him enough before, but they did today so that's why he did well.

not really!

If he played with that much intensity in prior games, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

And please with the "the team needs to trust him with the ball more." bah. the team trusts him just fine. They did before too. The problem was never on "the team's end".

DAmn you went hard at me there man haha..ok let me rephrase it like this, even though Hedo was missing shots, we kept him in the game and still gave the ball back to him, that's shows commitment to Hedo from the teams end. Also Imo, if the team did trust Hedo he would handle the ball more. But I do agree with you Turk did play with more intensity because the pressure is on him to perform now....that's ma 2 cents.

hirmak 01-23-2010 08:27 AM

I don't know if U see it but in every games the opponent team defends him more agresivly.They know now what he'S capable of and they're giving their best defensive man to him.That makes him look so bad offensively:police:

fancylad 01-23-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beesh (Post 316758)
DAmn you went hard at me there man haha..ok let me rephrase it like this, even though Hedo was missing shots, we kept him in the game and still gave the ball back to him, that's shows commitment to Hedo from the teams end. Also Imo, if the team did trust Hedo he would handle the ball more. But I do agree with you Turk did play with more intensity because the pressure is on him to perform now....that's ma 2 cents.

hehe... it wasn't my intention to go at you. :v:

Anyways, i agree that his teammates need to trust him - and i think they do/did. I just think the difference between good Hedo and bad Hedo rests primarilly on himself. Yesterday showed that and it was a great step in the right direction.

Vellassco 01-23-2010 11:29 AM

Although still there is some long way to "fracture point" , yesterday was exactly a "yield point". Hearing boos in your "home land!" lead a boost on your performance no doubt but at the same time it will create permanent damage on long term too in this relation. In 8-2 period (Jose's injury period) hedo was doing above average with Banks. Anyway.

Every player can struggle in early days of his contract. This is new team at the end. Blaming him for being disinterest and boo him after his 4-5 game shooting struggles is...erm... not a good attitude with kind words. I would say its ok if it was 2nd year of him.

I agree with Beesh. and i think insisting on to give ball to hedo when he was struggling was not his team mates choice, i guess the one behind it was BC. If you wanna sell something you should clean and polish it before you go to market.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24