Triano Thinks Bosh Deserves More Respect From Referees
Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default Triano Thinks Bosh Deserves More Respect From Referees

Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Sun
Jay Triano might not get all the respect -- and breaks -- from officials that a longer-serving NBA coach might, but he sees no reason why a sixth-year player such as Chris Bosh should not be treated better.

"I wish he would get more of a break, more free throw attempts than he does," Triano said after Milwaukee put the clamps on Bosh in the second half of Toronto's 107-97 loss on Monday. "It doesn't seem that way. They were all over him, bumping and holding. But he still responded."
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

I do not agree ... As of late, Bosh is taking too many J's instead of going to paint aggressively. Bosh even is taking 3's, at least one or two per game, which he wouldn't take in the past unless clock violation forces him.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

 
zachus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,833
Representing:
Default

+1. If you're not forcing the refs to make calls, they won't. Man up, get to the rim and you'll start seeing calls going your way.
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
hates chris bosh

lawls
 
Boshinator_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,475
Representing:
Default

Who is Triano?
Just save your breath
Boshinator_ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

What's with this 'break' malarkey? Can't these nitwit refs be consistent with everyone?
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

The refs had no problem giving Bosh TONS of calls when he was aggressive at the beginning of the season... since then he tailed off and started shooting more jumpers.

Now he's got to build that respect back up again. I thought that he got a decent amount of calls against MIL and ORL though.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

When Bosh goes to the rim and does his flop/scream he gets alot of calls, he just needs to do it more often, his flops make europeans jealous.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshinator_ View Post
Who is Triano?
Just save your breath
he's the head coach of your favorite team who is trying to stand up for his guy, wiseguy.

in general i do agree with the Aar sentiments. What does respect have to do with anything? Afoul is a foul is a foul. They should all be called the same. Reffereeing is the one thing i HATE about the NBA.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
When Bosh goes to the rim and does his flop/scream he gets alot of calls, he just needs to do it more often, his flops make europeans jealous.
Lol.... not even close. Vlade could teach Bosh a thing or three about REALLY flopping.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

 
zachus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,833
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
he's the head coach of your favorite team who is trying to stand up for his guy, wiseguy.

in general i do agree with the Aar sentiments. What does respect have to do with anything? Afoul is a foul is a foul. They should all be called the same. Reffereeing is the one thing i HATE about the NBA.
When in reality NBA refs are probably the best refs in the business. Fact is, stars get the benefit of the doubt in every sport. The NBA is definitely not the only league that experiences the star effect.
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Last i saw Bosh gets to the line way more then Vlade ever did, in fact top 5 in the league, and alot of it is his flopping, stickman ways imo. He needs more calls? Dwight needs more calls but since he is a monster only very obv fouls get called for him, Bosh gets plenty of calls.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus22 View Post
When in reality NBA refs are probably the best refs in the business. Fact is, stars get the benefit of the doubt in every sport. The NBA is definitely not the only league that experiences the star effect.
bullsheeit.

The NBA is the WORST sport when it comes to refs favoring superstars and superstar calls.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Here is the really fact, the NBA never became mainstream til they started really marketing their superstars to sell the game, and there is a trickle down effect as the refs and everybody know who pay the bills.

Dont give me shit that it doesnt happen in other sports, did you see Gretzky getting hit that much? No?? Was he protected by goons and the league?? Yes. If you took a run at Gretzky would you be way more likely to get a penalty then if you took a run at Tie Domi?? Dont answer if you say no :P
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Last i saw Bosh gets to the line way more then Vlade ever did, in fact top 5 in the league, and alot of it is his flopping, stickman ways imo. He needs more calls? Dwight needs more calls but since he is a monster only very obv fouls get called for him, Bosh gets plenty of calls.
And you assume that Bosh ISN'T getting fouled just because he yells when he gets hit? Opposing bigs body him up and play him physically ALL THE TIME. That's why he gets a ton of calls.

If you're aggressive you're going to get calls.

And I'm willing to bet any money that if you were out there getting hammered by guys on your drives you'd be screaming for fouls too lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus22 View Post
When in reality NBA refs are probably the best refs in the business. Fact is, stars get the benefit of the doubt in every sport. The NBA is definitely not the only league that experiences the star effect.
Not in the NHL.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,651
Representing:
Default

Who is that in your pic Sj, are those fellow posters? Rasam?
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

As for arguing calls;

Triano is doing his job to apease his star, I like it. However, Bosh gets plenty of calls, more than a lot of good players in the NBA, so I'm not sure his plea will do much.

BARGNANI on the other hand could use some help, thi guys is getting absolutely raped by the officials. They show zero respect to the kid. The offensive calls are a joke,as are the travels, most travels called aren't even travels, not to mention the SHIT other guys get away with, it's a joke! Barg's plays so straight up on defence it hurts to watch and they still call fouls, on plays where guys are clearly creating ALL the contact.

Call it what ya want, I'm not really complaining, the NBA has been like this for a while, but it is a shame to see a kid thats playing well, have to fight both the opponent, and the North American officials bias that he does each game.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Who is that in your pic Sj, are those fellow posters? Rasam?
Rasam and Eric smith

we tight

and er...stuff
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post

Dont give me shit that it doesnt happen in other sports, did you see Gretzky getting hit that much? No?? Was he protected by goons and the league?? Yes. If you took a run at Gretzky would you be way more likely to get a penalty then if you took a run at Tie Domi?? Dont answer if you say no :P
i assume you are talking to me as i was the only one to say that the NBA worse than other leagues when it comes to superstar calls. Anyways, take your smug attitude elsewhere hotshot because i never said that it doesn't happen in other sports. I said that the NBa is the worst - which it is. The fact that you hear about star players getting ref's "respect" in basketball as much as you do is sufficient backing of the claim.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

the "star call" is totally part of the game, anyone thinking it isn't is a little stupid.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Triano thinks like Smitch... wants mo' shots jeffb Toronto Raptors 59 08-19-2009 09:26 PM
Ford: Thinks There's a Good Chance Bosh Bolts Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 6 05-19-2009 10:11 PM
Roko Thinks NBA Players Don't Respect White PG's Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 21 11-03-2008 01:41 PM
Nash: Amaré Deserves MVP Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 17 04-03-2008 09:22 PM
Hollinger thinks Jose & Bosh should be All-Star picks Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 13 01-11-2008 01:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24