Triano (Mr. Delusional) on the Fan590
Old 12-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,203
Representing:
Triano (Mr. Delusional) on the Fan590

Triano was on the Fan this morning sounding tired and seemingly making excuses for tonights possible loss by saying they got in at 3:30 a.m.?? This guy seriously needs to go.


Jay Triano - The FAN 590 Toronto - Audio on Demand
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
thanking Jeff for the support

Junior Member
 
BryanColangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 60
Representing:
Default

I'm not firing Jay. End...of...story.
BryanColangelo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,203
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanColangelo View Post
I'm not firing Jay. End...of...story.
Yeah.........already not funny.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Marion: "when I came to Toronto I felt tired, lazy, skin started to dry up, so I left.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Triano was on the Fan this morning sounding tired and seemingly making excuses for tonights possible loss by saying they got in at 3:30 a.m.?? This guy seriously needs to go.


Jay Triano - The FAN 590 Toronto - Audio on Demand

He said the team members didn't make their shots. This is fact, and if you call it an excuse then does it even matter? The players didn't hit the shots. If the players did hit the shots and win the game i bet you wouldn't have called him mr delusional, but of course the coach is the first scapegoat for all teams failures.
lumi398 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Triano was on the Fan this morning sounding tired and seemingly making excuses for tonights possible loss by saying they got in at 3:30 a.m.?? This guy seriously needs to go.


Jay Triano - The FAN 590 Toronto - Audio on Demand
Hey Jeffb,

Last week, in the "FIRE TRIANO" thread, you said how its too early to judge Triano, and claimed how many fans were quick to judge and claimed were were fickle. Ready to eat some crow?
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,203
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi398 View Post
He said the team members didn't make their shots. This is fact, and if you call it an excuse then does it even matter? The players didn't hit the shots. If the players did hit the shots and win the game i bet you wouldn't have called him mr delusional, but of course the coach is the first scapegoat for all teams failures.
Please, this guy is delusional, stubborn, seemingly has no issues with their "coverages", infelexible. The fact that this is our 3rd straight rookie coach going back 7yrs pisses me off. IMO you get a rookie coach when you're rebuilding, bot when you're trying to take the next step and win a playoff round. I really like what BC's done since he's come here, but he made a drastic error when he retained Triano.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi398 View Post
He said the team members didn't make their shots. This is fact, and if you call it an excuse then does it even matter? The players didn't hit the shots. If the players did hit the shots and win the game i bet you wouldn't have called him mr delusional, but of course the coach is the first scapegoat for all teams failures.
Smitch's influence
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Marion: "when I came to Toronto I felt tired, lazy, skin started to dry up, so I left.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Please, this guy is delusional, stubborn, seemingly has no issues with their "coverages", infelexible. The fact that this is our 3rd straight rookie coach going back 7yrs pisses me off. IMO you get a rookie coach when you're rebuilding, bot when you're trying to take the next step and win a playoff round. I really like what BC's done since he's come here, but he made a drastic error when he retained Triano.
I didn't say Triano isn't a crappy coach. I said if the Raptors actually made their 3's and won the game you wouldn't see so many of these threads scapegoating triano. Do people actually think a coach's ability to be a good coach has anything to do with Hedo and company making their 3's?

Apparently some people do Lol.
lumi398 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,203
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Hey Jeffb,

Last week, in the "FIRE TRIANO" thread, you said how its too early to judge Triano, and claimed how many fans were quick to judge and claimed were were fickle. Ready to eat some crow?
Yep! I did say that i disaproved of him from the begining, and at the time we were 2 games under .500 and it was too soon to be talking about firing him. But in the time since then i've grown unbelieveably tired of hearing him make excuses and quite frankly some of his comments in the last week or so have been down right scary. From admitting to not practicing any zone defence to not showing any flexibility on the lineup and always saying "i like our coverages" to "we just didn't make shots".............i've decided to say i should have voted yes, because this guy is not even close to being the man for the job. And it's painful to listen to him at this point, even moreso then watching the team get massacred on a nightly basis.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

I've been saying that Triano was the wrong choice since the beginning. I work in the business world, and when you hire a project leader, manager, or director, you hire someone who has the experience to do the job. With the exception of working one year with Kevin O'Neil, he doesn't have any experience or backround of implenting a succesful defensive system. When a employee is not performing their job successfully, he assigns blame elsewhere, gives excuses or a combination of both. Just what Triano is doing right now. Triano is in over his head.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,203
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
I've been saying that Triano was the wrong choice since the beginning. I work in the business world, and when you hire a project leader, manager, or director, you hire someone who has the experience to do the job. With the exception of working one year with Kevin O'Neil, he doesn't have any experience or backround of implenting a succesful defensive system. When a employee is not performing their job successfully, he assigns blame elsewhere, gives excuses or a combination of both. Just what Triano is doing right now. Triano is in over his head.
I've said that since last year. The fact is this summer BC made a commitment to adding Turkoglu + much needed depth JJ/Beli/Amir/Wright and all of that was to try and at the very least get out of the first round. Hiring a rookie coach for that stage of developpment was a huge mistake.

At the same time, he made that choice and when people were starting to panic after less then 10 games i found it rediculous that early, but seriously, like you said the guy is in way over his head.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Marion: "when I came to Toronto I felt tired, lazy, skin started to dry up, so I left.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 377
Representing:
Default

Triano in his own words: "Damn guys please just make your shots man, i'll be happy, you'll be happy common guys what else do you need?"
lumi398 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Although JT was never my first choice for coach, I was one of the fans (and still am) that fully supported Jay as head coach...but I gotta admit some of the stuff he's been saying the last couple of weeks has got me worried and confused. He seems to be making excuses. Also I don't like how he seems to be inflexible about some things like the defensive strategy. Still though, JT should not be getting all the blame for the poor start. The players need to man up and kick their game up a notch.
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanColangelo View Post
I'm not firing Jay. End...of...story.
Hey Brian, Don Cherry called. He wants his collars back.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,203
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Hey Brian, Don Cherry called. He wants his collars back.
Don Cherry is a dick!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Marion: "when I came to Toronto I felt tired, lazy, skin started to dry up, so I left.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40 Cal Flakes View Post
Although JT was never my first choice for coach, I was one of the fans (and still am) that fully supported Jay as head coach...but I gotta admit some of the stuff he's been saying the last couple of weeks has got me worried and confused. He seems to be making excuses. Also I don't like how he seems to be inflexible about some things like the defensive strategy. Still though, JT should not be getting all the blame for the poor start. The players need to man up and kick their game up a notch.


The players are laughing it out since the coach is taking all the heat and not them.... not yet that is.

Triano has 2 choices:

1. make excuses, blaming others - like yeah we played back to back games man!

2. Blame himself - I as a head coach suck but i want to keep this a secret so i can get my paycheck, please don't tell anyone!!!



Triano chose #1!!!
good choice!
lumi398 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,203
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi398 View Post
The players are laughing it out since the coach is taking all the heat and not them.... not yet that is.

Triano has 2 choices:

1. make excuses, blaming others - like yeah we played back to back games man!

2. Blame himself - I as a head coach suck but i want to keep this a secret so i can get my paycheck, please don't tell anyone!!!



Triano chose #1!!!
good choice!

3rd option- Man up and say something has to change because things as they stand just aren't working. That i can at least respect. Good coaches adapt and adjust. Status quo almost 20 games in, isn't cutting the mustard.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
thanking Jeff for the support

Junior Member
 
BryanColangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 60
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Hey Brian, Don Cherry called. He wants his collars back.
My tailor would be very insulted by that comparison.
BryanColangelo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
The fact is this summer BC made a commitment to adding Turkoglu + much needed depth JJ/Beli/Amir/Wright and all of that was to try and at the very least get out of the first round. Hiring a rookie coach for that stage of developpment was a huge mistake.
You're right. The Raptors spent over $120 million in contracts in the summer for Bargnani, Hedo, and Jack. The summer before, they give Calderon a $40 million dollar contract. The Raptors are ready to give Bosh a max contract. Why do go cheap with a rookie coach. Its like giving keys of your Porsche to a teenager. In both cases, they are both going to crash.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Marion: "when I came to Toronto I felt tired, lazy, skin started to dry up, so I left.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 377
Representing:
Default

yeah I have a book of 99100 legit excuses to make. Sent a copy to Triano. He's already chosen 82 legit ones just in case.
lumi398 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAN590 Recap of Triano Interview This Afternoon Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 16 09-24-2009 03:01 PM
Triano on PrimeTime Fan590 says X's and O's not relatively important LX Toronto Raptors 11 04-16-2009 10:31 PM
Triano on FAN590 Pistol Pete Toronto Raptors 12 01-01-2009 03:16 AM
BC on the Fan590 DVS Toronto Raptors 18 12-09-2008 04:58 PM
Fan590 2-4p.m Benzo Toronto Raptors 6 08-01-2008 03:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24