Trade Rumors for Ross - Page 2
Old 06-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,284
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I can understand a trade rumor for Ross... but afflalo? come on, that is just a bad trade.
Really? We could do a lot worse, not that I want this trade, just saying.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
is very suspicious of these Raptors.

Senior Member
 
rockthetdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,237
Representing:
Default

Unless they know something about Ross (perhaps his mental make-up) that we don't know, this may not be a bad idea for the team. Ross has lots of potential but who knows, maybe Ujiri is looking to speed up the process and bring in his own guys in the process. Afflalo, on a good team, has a killer's instinct.

Ross appears meek at times, can this be overcome any time soon?
rockthetdot is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,540
Representing:
Default

Ross is needing strength badly. It's not that he's meek so much. The question is whether he will ever get strong enough to be more effective. If there's a good indication that he won't, considering that he's 23 and should have some good strength already, then this would be a good time to trade him. I see this as a year he either makes a big jump or gets traded. My own hopes lie with him making a big jump and adding a lot more to this team. No more getting pushed around. No more avoiding contact. No more getting effected by fatigue too much. Hopefully he's working his ass off right now.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dwaneball. That's how we roll...over

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 3,658
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Ross is needing strength badly. It's not that he's meek so much. The question is whether he will ever get strong enough to be more effective. If there's a good indication that he won't, considering that he's 23 and should have some good strength already, then this would be a good time to trade him. I see this as a year he either makes a big jump or gets traded. My own hopes lie with him making a big jump and adding a lot more to this team. No more getting pushed around. No more avoiding contact. No more getting effected by fatigue too much. Hopefully he's working his ass off right now.
One more option is to look for a small forward that can start( Sefalosha?) and move Ross to a 6th man role.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,818
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
One more option is to look for a small forward that can start( Sefalosha?) and move Ross to a 6th man role.
Sefolosha sucks, absolutely not.
Whatever Masai decides, I trust him.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,284
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
One more option is to look for a small forward that can start( Sefalosha?) and move Ross to a 6th man role.
I would like Sefalosha but not to start.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,279
Representing:
Default

Sefalosha had one bad year. And Ross needs mental strength more than physical strength. He is a temp SF.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #28 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,911
Representing:
Default

I bought a Ross jersey.
I promise you, he's gone lol
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dwaneball. That's how we roll...over

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 3,658
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I would like Sefalosha but not to start.
Wasn't suggesting Sefalosha, just using him as an example.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,054
Representing:
Default

Ross for Afflalo is a very lateral move that would end up being a bad move, especially for a team looking to build. and not contend next year. Ross could end up being a better player than Afflalo as soon as 1-2 years from now, hes much younger, and hes on a rookie scale contract, so yes, this would be a bad trade.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,603
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Ross for Afflalo is a very lateral move that would end up being a bad move, especially for a team looking to build. and not contend next year. Ross could end up being a better player than Afflalo as soon as 1-2 years from now, hes much younger, and hes on a rookie scale contract, so yes, this would be a bad trade.
I wouldn't trade Ross yet but I would trade DD/37th for Afflalo/Dedmon/12th.

Orlando will probably draft Exum sliding Oladipo to the 2 and then with DD Harris can go to the 4 (making Afflalo extremely expendable). Exum, Oladipo, DD, Harris, Vucevic..draft McGary or Tavares with the 37th for their back-up center.

TO will increase their assets nicely which includes Afflalo as he would only have 1 year left next summer. Possibly Payton/Ennis or Levine if he slides plus a wing or vice versa, take Hood/Saric/McDermott and snag a pg or bpa at this point (maybe 2 wings)

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 06-19-2014 at 03:18 PM.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
from Toronto

Raps-on-Fire
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 242
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I wouldn't trade Ross yet but I would trade DD/37th for Afflalo/Dedmon/12th.

Orlando will probably draft Exum sliding Oladipo to the 2 and then with DD Harris can go to the 4 (making Afflalo extremely expendable). Exum, Oladipo, DD, Harris, Vucevic..draft McGary or Tavares with the 37th for their back-up center.

TO will increase their assets nicely which includes Afflalo as he would only have 1 year left next summer. Possibly Payton/Ennis or Levine if he slides plus a wing or vice versa, take Hood/Saric/McDermott and snag a pg or bpa at this point (maybe 2 wings)
How about DD + 20th for Afflalo + Harkless + 12th?

I like Harkless type of players - Raw & Athletic wingman with perfect size.
wchoi213 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,603
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchoi213 View Post
How about DD + 20th for Afflalo + Harkless + 12th?

I like Harkless type of players - Raw & Athletic wingman with perfect size.
I'm not sure they part with Harkless, if DD went and Harris moves to the 4 they would have no back-up at the 3.

I think I would rather keep the 20th
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 10,396
Representing:
Default

ross for afflalo is not a bad trade, it's a horrible trade. There's no way masai does that.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
Has "it"

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,811
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

Wasn't Affalo an all-star snub? Why the hate on him? I don't watch ORL games, but I thought everyone was saying he's a good player? I know ross is going to develop and is young but people are acting like we're trading away prime shaq for kwame.
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,603
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
Wasn't Affalo an all-star snub? Why the hate on him? I don't watch ORL games, but I thought everyone was saying he's a good player? I know ross is going to develop and is young but people are acting like we're trading away prime shaq for kwame.
this
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #37 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,309
Representing:
Default

Remember people - Masai signed Afflalo to that contract, then traded him away. Doubt he is interested in acquiring him again. Certainly doubt he gives up Ross to do so.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #38 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,603
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Remember people - Masai signed Afflalo to that contract, then traded him away. Doubt he is interested in acquiring him again. Certainly doubt he gives up Ross to do so.
Nope, give'm DD for Afflalo/12th and use him next year as an expiring for a team wanting to challenge in the playoffs
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #39 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 803
Representing:
Default

Ross is a dinosaur you silly fools.


Duh.
Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24