Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Trade assets (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/trade-assets-19383.html)

jeffb 02-17-2011 04:06 PM

Trade assets
 
Quote:

Andrea Bargnani: The center for the Empty Calorie All-Stars: averages 21.5 points but gives you little else (5.5 rebounds, 5.0 free throw attempts, 1.7 assists, 0.8 blocks). Semi-related: If you had to do over the 2006 draft, LaMarcus Aldridge (picked fourth) and Rajon Rondo (21st) would be 1-2 in some order, then Rudy Gay (eighth), Paul Millsap (47th) and Bargnani (first). The sixth pick? Let's see … Randy Foye? J.J. Redick? Kyle Lowry? Brandon Roy playing bone-on-bone? Yikes. That could have been the immortal bad NBA draft if not for a 2000 Draftastrophe that yielded two total All-Star appearances.
Quote:

DeMar DeRozan: Can't tell if he's a potential All-Star or a future member of the Shareef Abdur-Rahim All-Stars (for guys best equipped to put up good stats for bad teams). It's also unclear whether he knows he can pass to his teammates -- that rule may not have been explained to him yet. One thing's for sure: The dude has a fantastic name that sounds like it came right off the "Blue Chips" IMDb page. Couldn't you see DeMar DeRozan rooming with Neon Boudreau?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/110217

Quote:

Toronto Raptors
Team Payroll: $66.8 million
Potential Trade Assets: Reggie Evans, Jose Calderon, Leandro Barbosa, $12.5 million trade exception
Toronto has a fat payroll and a roster that has not generated much interest. Rival executives believe the best the Raptors will be able to get for Evans, Calderon or Barbosa are protected draft picks. If that.
Trade deadline outlook for Eastern Conference teams - Chris Mannix - SI.com

creative1mm 02-17-2011 04:22 PM

I am not worrying about Derozans passing game.. I have seen him setup teammates for baskets allot of times

but when your young and trying to develop your own game, why you going to pass?
and with a 14-40 record who exactly are you passing the ball too

powerfulpanda 02-17-2011 04:23 PM

ouch....bargnani isn't even considered a trade asset
looks like we're stuck with him :(

Dweez 02-17-2011 04:32 PM

Blue chips! I'd completely forgotten about that movie... a masterpiece

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 02-17-2011 06:38 PM

I stopped reading after a paragraph. Anyone that puts Aldridge ahead of Rondo has no clue.

powerfulpanda 02-17-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu (Post 510019)
I stopped reading after a paragraph. Anyone that puts Aldridge ahead of Rondo has no clue.

he didn't put alrdige ahead of rondo. he said 1-2 in some order....
which he is right on because one is not CLEARLY better than the other. it is very debatable who is better atm but since its debatable thats why he didn't want to get into it and rank them.

LX 02-17-2011 06:51 PM

Throw in the TPE and get unprotected draft picks.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 02-17-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 510021)
he didn't put alrdige ahead of rondo. he said 1-2 in some order....
which he is right on because one is not CLEARLY better than the other. it is very debatable who is better atm but since its debatable thats why he didn't want to get into it and rank them.

I read it different than that ... that the following were in some order, but who cares... It was a joke that I stopped reading...wat's wrong with you.

powerfulpanda 02-17-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu (Post 510025)
I read it different than that ... that the following were in some order, but who cares... It was a joke that I stopped reading...wat's wrong with you.

i know you are but what am i?

Ex2k 02-17-2011 08:50 PM

For anyone who thinks Bargnani does not have trade value is an idiot.

Sorry :console(1):

HugoBoss 02-17-2011 11:04 PM

read the article - its not saying Bargs has NO trade value..its just saying he's not one of the TOP 50 most sought after trade assets. He could be Number 51 :reporter::yeah:

powerfulpanda 02-18-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoBoss (Post 510156)
read the article - its not saying Bargs has NO trade value..its just saying he's not one of the TOP 50 most sought after trade assets. He could be Number 51 :reporter::yeah:

lol thats the same as having no trade value...

carp 02-18-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 510289)
lol thats the same as having no trade value...

not really. Only if you're taking a simplified view. Do you think Amir is on that list? Do you think Davis is on that list? It's only pertinent regarding teams looking to add talent for a playoff push, or teams looking to dump.... more trade options exist in the offseason.

'trane 02-18-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 510289)
lol thats the same as having no trade value...

there are 150 starting players in the nba, and another 30 sixth men. are you suggesting that only 50 of these guys have any trade value at all?

moremilk 02-18-2011 02:49 PM

actually, simmons said he had a hard time leaving bargnani out of the top 50, much harder than last year. Which makes sense, because his value is higher this year, after proving that can be score as a primary weapon. Offensively, Bargnani is arguably the 2nd best center (after howard) in the league, unless you want to call Gasol a center. His defense is what it is, it was bad last year and is just as bad now.

that being said, this is bill simmons talking, so whatever he says is half-truth, half-humour.

powerfulpanda 02-18-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 510373)
actually, simmons said he had a hard time leaving bargnani out of the top 50, much harder than last year. Which makes sense, because his value is higher this year, after proving that can be score as a primary weapon. Offensively, Bargnani is arguably the 2nd best center (after howard) in the league, unless you want to call Gasol a center. His defense is what it is, it was bad last year and is just as bad now.

that being said, this is bill simmons talking, so whatever he says is half-truth, half-humour.

stats wise he is 3rd among centers (amare 1st, howard 2nd)
but outside of stats imo he's not top 5 centers offensively
amare, howard, brook lopez, jefferson, horford

pzabby 02-18-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 510390)
stats wise he is 3rd among centers (amare 1st, howard 2nd)
but outside of stats imo he's not top 5 centers offensively
amare, howard, brook lopez, jefferson, horford

offensively howard and lopez are not ahead of bargnani. and amare is a pf, not a centre. dont watch much of horford or jefferson to judge but i believe bargs is better than jefferson. remember, this is all on OFFENCE. offensively, bargnani is a VERY skilled centre.

powerfulpanda 02-18-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 510394)
offensively howard and lopez are not ahead of bargnani. and amare is a pf, not a centre. dont watch much of horford or jefferson to judge but i believe bargs is better than jefferson. remember, this is all on OFFENCE. offensively, bargnani is a VERY skilled centre.

consistancy should also be a criteria if we are talking about "skilled" offensively, so that works against bargnani
and amare IS a center just not ur typical center. he has always played center his entire career.
same way how bargnani isn't a true center, but that is still the "position" he plays
i was also hesitant to include pau because altho he is a center by nature he isn't playing center on the lakers atm

carp 02-18-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 510398)
consistancy should also be a criteria if we are talking about "skilled" offensively, so that works against bargnani
and amare IS a center just not ur typical center. he has always played center his entire career.
same way how bargnani isn't a true center, but that is still the "position" he plays

you're right, Mozgov is a PF on that team.

powerfulpanda 02-18-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 510399)
you're right, Mozgov is a PF on that team.

thank you carp, i think about 50% of ur posts are sarcastic responses. getting old and annoying. weren't you the one that got on me for replying with lil one liners?
mozgov started the season at C and then disappeared and now has reappeared recently. but for the majority of this season amare has played C


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24