Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Top 10 Greatest Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/top-10-greatest-raptors-11283.html)

Alvin_Williams_Rox 11-06-2009 01:47 AM

Top 10 Greatest Raptors
 
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...l-time-players

Quote:

15 year anniversary of the Toronto Raptors. Counting down the top 10 players to ever wear the raptors uniform. Like most expansion teams, the Raptors struggled in their early years; but after the acquisition of Vince Carter through a draft day trade in 1998, the team set league attendance records and made the NBA Playoffs in 2000, 2001, and 2002. Carter was instrumental in leading the team to their first playoff series win in 2001, where they advanced to the Eastern Conference Semifinals. During the 2002–03 and 2003–04 seasons, they failed to make significant progress and he was traded in 2004. After Carter left, Chris Bosh emerged as the team leader, but they continued to struggle. However, with the appointment of Bryan Colangelo as General Manager and a revamp of the roster for the 2006–07 season, they qualified for their first playoff berth in five years and captured their first division title. In the following season, they advanced to the playoffs again.

fancylad 11-06-2009 10:21 AM

it's kinda tough though to measure because outside of Carter and Bosh, no raptors were really good for more than a 2 year stretch.

It just shows how much of a revolving door we've had here.

DVS 11-06-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 262661)
it's kinda tough though to measure because outside of Carter and Bosh, no raptors were really good for more than a 2 year stretch.

It just shows how much of a revolving door we've had here.

Well its only 15 years and its an expansion team that had to overcome alot of hurdles. The Vancouver/Memphis Grizzles are 15 years old and you would have a tougher time putting up a top 10.

Benzo 11-06-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 262661)
it's kinda tough though to measure because outside of Carter and Bosh, no raptors were really good for more than a 2 year stretch.

It just shows how much of a revolving door we've had here.

Ummm I believe you are mistaken

fancylad 11-06-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVS (Post 262668)
Well its only 15 years and its an expansion team that had to overcome alot of hurdles. The Vancouver/Memphis Grizzles are 15 years old and you would have a tougher time putting up a top 10.

true... come to think of it that franchise really has been terribly run.

I guess it's just weird looking at that list of top 10 raptors, and seeing guys on there that had 1 or 2 good seasons, but really accomplishing not that much.

fancylad 11-06-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 262669)
Ummm I believe you are mistaken

dude, I would have had Mo at number 3 behind dipshit and Bosh.



Actually, looking at that list, consider how many of those guys left unceremoniously. Raptor fans really have been screwed over A LOT.

DVS 11-06-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 262671)
true... come to think of it that franchise really has been terribly run.

I guess it's just weird looking at that list of top 10 raptors, and seeing guys on there that had 1 or 2 good seasons, but really accomplishing not that much.

Look at it this way. How old are the Leafs and they only have one Hart Trophy candidate to show on their list

Gurk 11-06-2009 05:08 PM

Fuck Mo Pete being 3rd. He should be 2nd right after Bosh :dancing:

Windex 11-06-2009 06:09 PM

if its the best players to wear the uniform

VC
TMac
Bosh
Camby
Mighty Mouse

Stonezz 11-06-2009 06:11 PM

the GOAT is http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images...play_image.jpg

Gurk 11-06-2009 06:12 PM

How about Alvin Williams. he should be somewhere on that list IMO

Windex 11-06-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurk (Post 262861)
How about Alvin Williams. he should be somewhere on that list IMO

he was #8

CB4Real 11-06-2009 06:37 PM

good list:reporter:

DVS 11-06-2009 06:44 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ow_cropped.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24