Three options - Page 3

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: Which option do you want?
Blow it up 21 30.88%
Make a big trade or two to add big pieces, add to the current core 30 44.12%
Build on the fly 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 527
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Someone said it was at sherway but i think it's downtown somewhere.
i was trying to tell by the picture what mall it is. but i dont really remember sherway too well. but i think it is. then again small picture not much to go by, but its definitely not eatons.
Luckedout is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,681
Representing:
Default

It looks like the manulife centre on Bloor
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Sure it's tanking. Just not effectively.
Ok what's your point? The idea is to tank to the point where we get top 5 picks for 2-3 years in a row.

Now I understand what doc was talking about when he said you make nitpicky posts.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #44 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 527
Representing:
Default

You're not tanking when you win more games then you need to. You're not tanking when you trade away a young asset for Rudy gay or go all in for Steve Nash that's not tanking. Or when you trade away a lottery pick
Luckedout is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,868
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Sure it's tanking. Just not effectively.
Being bad is not the same as tanking. Tank teams don't play Alan Anderson when he's hot so that he can steal extra wins. Casey is a horrible tank commander.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #46 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,298
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Being bad is not the same as tanking. Tank teams don't play Alan Anderson when he's hot so that he can steal extra wins. Casey is a horrible tank commander.
True
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #47 (permalink)
half-dead inside

Junior Member
 
sabas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 58
Representing:
Default

sabas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,132
Representing:
Default



DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,708
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post


Do you mind if I use that as my avatar? Or can you/have you made that into an avatar? That's awesome.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #50 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

tanking is pathetic. there's too much risk banked on pingpong balls and players developing into legit players. you guys can list all the high school prospects you want to make this sound intriguing, but the fact of the matter is that you don't know shit about them, or how they'll develop into nba players. there's a way to build a team correctly, and it's not just thru the draft. the nfl can't even do that and their draftees are as legit as it gets.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Do you mind if I use that as my avatar? Or can you/have you made that into an avatar? That's awesome.
Ha - all yours - I just found it online.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,102
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunkie1 View Post
tanking is pathetic. there's too much risk banked on pingpong balls and players developing into legit players. you guys can list all the high school prospects you want to make this sound intriguing, but the fact of the matter is that you don't know shit about them, or how they'll develop into nba players. there's a way to build a team correctly, and it's not just thru the draft. the nfl can't even do that and their draftees are as legit as it gets.
Very true.


The only way I would condone tanking was if it was another 03' draft.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Very true.


The only way I would condone tanking was if it was another 03' draft.
That's what some are saying it is...
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #54 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,868
Representing:
Default

Meh, I'd prefer to give Lowry, Demar, Rudy, Amir, JV, Ross, Acy some more time together, but I'm mentally preparing myself for anything. I've already started thinking of tank ideas just so I get used to the fact that it might be coming.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,868
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Very true.


The only way I would condone tanking was if it was another 03' draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
That's what some are saying it is...
We better not end up with Kaman or Hinrich, or even worse...Darko.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
That's what some are saying it is...
2003 still had the likes of darko, sweetney, hayes, banks and gaines in the lottery. outside of the big four, there the difference between the talent in the lottery was pretty much comparable to what was found later in the draft. you wanna make that risk?
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #57 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,102
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Meh, I'd prefer to give Lowry, Demar, Rudy, Amir, JV, Ross, Acy some more time together, but I'm mentally preparing myself for anything. I've already started thinking of tank ideas just so I get used to the fact that it might be coming.
I'm just so nervous because I can tell those just aren't the right ingredients for a championship. I know that team can make the playoffs no doubt but there's no way we go deep ever with those players as our main core. I know JV, Ross, Acy are young, and for all we know they are winning players, same definitely goes for Amir. But Lowry, Demar and Rudy are arguably our main players. Do we really expect to contend with those guys? I don't. I like them. But to think we can ever seriously make a run with them is crazy, there's just too many weaknesses. Rebuilding will take years and years all over again, and I'm thinking everyone will settle for this group because of their impatience. I'm not too sure what I want right now. What if the rebuilding doesn't pan out?
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunkie1 View Post
2003 still had the likes of darko, sweetney, hayes, banks and gaines in the lottery. outside of the big four, there the difference between the talent in the lottery was pretty much comparable to what was found later in the draft. you wanna make that risk?
Considering the reward for that risk was LeBron James, yes, I like that risk very much.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #59 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,102
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Considering the reward for that risk was LeBron James, yes, I like that risk very much.
I'll even take a Melo or a D-Wade to be honest.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
holding it in.

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 44
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
I'm just so nervous because I can tell those just aren't the right ingredients for a championship. I know that team can make the playoffs no doubt but there's no way we go deep ever with those players as our main core. I know JV, Ross, Acy are young, and for all we know they are winning players, same definitely goes for Amir. But Lowry, Demar and Rudy are arguably our main players. Do we really expect to contend with those guys? I don't. I like them. But to think we can ever seriously make a run with them is crazy, there's just too many weaknesses. Rebuilding will take years and years all over again, and I'm thinking everyone will settle for this group because of their impatience. I'm not too sure what I want right now. What if the rebuilding doesn't pan out?
Bingo.

Why is it so hard for Raptor fans to admit that this team is a fraud built by an even bigger fraud? Colangelo was a liar and a corporate yes man. We don't have "good pieces" and they aren't going to evolve through "the process". This team as built is garbage, and AT BEST could probably peak with an 8 seed birth and a quick sweep out of the playoffs.

If you aren't one of the big East or West coast teams, that is, you can't attract great free agents, your only choice is to build through the draft. I hope to god that Masai is more in touch with reality than the majority of those who voted for options 2 or 3 on this board. Otherwise we're in for another half decade of misery.
TurkeyPack17 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24