To those who'd like to keep Jose....
Old 12-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,357
Representing:
Default To those who'd like to keep Jose....

Go ahead and play BC.... what kind of contract do you offer him?

# of years?

$M per year?


Curious to see how much he's worth to some.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
the poster formally known as Quinn

Team Captain
 
Obi-Wan Quinnobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 548
Representing:
Default

if i was going to keep him i would get him at 10M/2
Obi-Wan Quinnobi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,312
Representing:
Default

3-yr 12mil, 4 mill a season
Or 2-yr 14mil... 7mill a season

Not really in a rush to trade him, we happen to get a guard in lowry without losing calderon.. Its good to have them both
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,855
Representing:
Default

raptor123: 17yr / 631Mil.

Reality: 2 year 10 mil, team option of 4 mil year 3.
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

3 years/$16 mil
but he will get more in free agency. I can see a team give him 3/$21m
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,695
Representing:
Default

He wants to play here. This is his team. So he's not going to take more money elsewhere. Right?

It comes down to keeping him and getting out the cheque book, or getting something in return. Are we a team that needs to pay up for a pg that has taken this team nowhere, or are we a team that needs to keep building? If he could be priced in as a backup in the Andre Miller mold, it would be wonderful, but we'd still need to find some more players from somewhere. This team desperately needs to improve through trades, and Jose is still the big chip to play there.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,757
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
He wants to play here. This is his team. So he's not going to take more money elsewhere. Right?

It comes down to keeping him and getting out the cheque book, or getting something in return. Are we a team that needs to pay up for a pg that has taken this team nowhere, or are we a team that needs to keep building? If he could be priced in as a backup in the Andre Miller mold, it would be wonderful, but we'd still need to find some more players from somewhere. This team desperately needs to improve through trades, and Jose is still the big chip to play there.
You took the words right out of my mouth +1
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,871
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
3 years/$16 mil
but he will get more in free agency. I can see a team give him 3/$21m
Yeah, he might be able to get more in free agency. But, if Jose is interested in getting more than the mid-level, his options will likely be limited because a bunch of teams will be capped out.

Personally, I think Sacramento would be wise to make Jose an offer, although I'm not sure Jose would want to go there. Despite the drop-off in talent, the Kings might be better-off as a franchise to just let Tyreke walk (or S&T him for a pick) and then sign Jose with the available cap space.

Utah is also a wildcard, since the majority of the Jazz roster is currently on expiring contracts. At the trade deadline, if they don't acquire any major contracts lasting beyond this season, the Jazz would have the money to offer Jose a decent contract worth more than the mid-level exception.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

you guys are crazy and more inconsistent than Kleiza's shooting

He had some good games and you gone crazy ignorant on his lack of defense and old age, and that you were talking for the last 2 years how you wanted to trade him
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,307
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalgiris View Post
you guys are crazy and more inconsistent than Kleiza's shooting

He had some good games and you gone crazy ignorant on his lack of defense and old age, and that you were talking for the last 2 years how you wanted to trade him
Merry Christmas, for once we agree.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

If he agrees to stay on a mid-level 3-4 years deal, I'd gladly pay him to stay - so, $15-20 mil over 3-4 years. In fact, if I am Colangelo, I am discussing this situation with him right now, prior to making any moves.

If Jose feels (perhaps rightly so) that he can get more and/or start for another team, BC should discuss the possibility of trading him to one of the teams that might be interested in him before the trade deadline to bring some value back to the Raps. Of course, this will only happen if getting Jose before the end of this season would make a difference for such team (Utah and Lakers - probably, Sacramento - not so much).

But at any rate, if I am BC, I am apologizing for the way the franchise has treated its most loyal player in the past and promise to be open and co-operative from now on, no matter what happens. That's the least Jose deserves.

Last edited by MikeToronto; 12-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

But most importantly - I'd wait for Lowry to come back and play some games after sitting and watching this mini-renaissance. If he still "doesn't get it", we might be better off with Jose at the point to start the rebuild anyway.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,357
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
But most importantly - I'd wait for Lowry to come back and play some games after sitting and watching this mini-renaissance. If he still "doesn't get it", we might be better off with Jose at the point to start the rebuild anyway.
What happens if Lowry plays well once he's back.... and Jose says "I'm only coming back if I'm the starter"?

Do you re-sign him and promise him the job?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

I agree with LX but if you do want to keep him than I'd do what MikeToronto has stated but I'd offer 4 million/yr for 4 yrs. Then I'd look to deal for someone who is Jose-like (KMarsh anyone? The guy is not getting any minutes in PHX).

Also, Zalgiris and jeffb agreeing on something? It's a Christmas miracle.

Last edited by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!; 12-25-2012 at 12:24 PM.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
What happens if Lowry plays well once he's back.... and Jose says "I'm only coming back if I'm the starter"?

Do you re-sign him and promise him the job?
Cornering me? Nice...

If that happens, as per honest discussions I've mentioned above, I'd explore what value can be brought back in the trade for Jose vs. trade for Lowry.

TO, remember, I don't think we can build a contender around Lowry, Val, DD, Ross and Davis. None of these guys is a super-star or has a super-star potential. Their ceiling is second-round exit, and that's the best-case scenario. As such, nothing BC will do short of the total rebuild a la OKC or Memphis is going to make me particularly happy long-term. Short-term, I enjoy watching this team play with Jose at the point moreso than with Lowry, at least so far, but it could change.

Last edited by MikeToronto; 12-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,357
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Cornering me? Nice...

If that happens, as per honest discussions I've mentioned above, I'd explore what value can be brought back in the trade for Jose vs. trade for Lowry.

TO, remember, I don't think we can build a contender around Lowry, Val, DD, Ross and Davis. None of these guys is a super-star or has a super-star potential. Their ceiling is second-round exit, and that's the best-case scenario. As such, nothing BC will do short of the total rebuild a la OKC or Memphis is going to make me particularly happy long-term. Short-term, I enjoy watching this team play with Jose at the point moreso than with Lowry, at least so far, but it could change.
If you can't corner someone on Christmas when CAN you do it?

I thought that your answer was fair though TBH. And I'd agree for the most part.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
counting sheeps

Member
 
Tomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 320
Representing:
Default

2 years for 12M
Tomas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,146
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
What happens if Lowry plays well once he's back.... and Jose says "I'm only coming back if I'm the starter"?

Do you re-sign him and promise him the job?
Well that's easy choice imo we trade Jose while he still has value
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,800
Representing:
Default

Remember how before the season BC said all over the place the Lowry is our PG of future and moving forward and blah blah blah... I always felt it was ridiculous to dump your 8-year vet PG like he was Jamario Moon... BC should have known better.
I like Lowry a lot, but I don't see him as part of our future. With that being said, I would offer Jose 3-year deal for 19M.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
If you can't corner someone on Christmas when CAN you do it?
On Cornermas.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24