Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   is there a Superstar / Franchise maker in 2012 draft? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/there-superstar-franchise-maker-2012-draft-21963.html)

Carlito 01-22-2012 01:22 PM

is there a Superstar / Franchise maker in 2012 draft?
 
i don't know about you guys, but i getting worried that there are some excellent players in this years draft, but there doesn't seem to be any clear cut stud.

i really like Davis ...he will bring excellent defense, but he is really quite limited on offense.

is there a clear cut game changer in this years draft?

halphbreedballer 01-22-2012 01:29 PM

I'd say Anthony Davis has All-star potential for the bigs.
Jeremy Lamb also has all-star guard potential to me...

& there hasn't benn a clear cut game changer since LBJ & Melo in 2003

Dark Knight 01-22-2012 01:31 PM

As well as Davis, Drummond looks like he can be a dominant big man for years to come if he can put it all together. Rivers has the "it" factor, he just has a way of finding his way to the basket. Perry Jones is a dark horse in this draft, he's basically got unlimited potential.

And I can't say enough about Quincy Miller. I think he could be something special. He's got the talent, with him it just comes down to determination.

Dark Knight 01-22-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halphbreedballer (Post 603017)
I'd say Anthony Davis has All-star potential for the bigs.
Jeremy Lamb also has all-star guard potential to me...

& there hasn't benn a clear cut game changer since LBJ & Melo in 2003

Derrick Rose says hi. ;)

Don Vito 01-22-2012 01:46 PM

We will most likely end up drafting a power forward, even though we have a plethora of them. I am pretty sure if that's the case there will be a trade happening. We will be trading pieces for a star-type player.

It just doesn't make sense to go into the 2012-2013 season with Drummond?, bargnani, davis, amir, JV. There will be trades for sure.

Alex 01-22-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 603025)
We will most likely end up drafting a power forward, even though we have a plethora of them. I am pretty sure if that's the case there will be a trade happening. We will be trading pieces for a star-type player.

It just doesn't make sense to go into the 2012-2013 season with Drummond?, bargnani, davis, amir, JV. There will be trades for sure.

If we got Drummond, Davis is gone. I don't like Edward very much anymore.

KoolAid 01-22-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 603019)
Derrick Rose says hi. ;)

So does Dwight. :P

Acie 01-22-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 603019)
Derrick Rose says hi. ;)

So do Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.

Bankiz 01-22-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 603019)
Derrick Rose says hi. ;)

+1
how can you forget DRose ?

and i'm sotry but melo is not a clear cut game changer for me. not like kobe or LBJ or Rose.

in the matter of the draft, maybe don't look to the first names... Like rando there are many start player who will become star only if you try.

this past draft, if BC could have grab some 15-25 pick we could have get some really nice guard player, whom could be (ok, not star) game changer like.

so i hope this draft they can get another draft pick, even a 15-25, and take a really good look at some juinior-senior college guy, whom have more maturity (like a fields).

Someguy again 01-22-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 603027)
If we got Drummond, Davis is gone. I don't like Edward very much anymore.

because he got off to a bad start? that's what gives us the grounds to trade him?

Bill Haverchuck 01-22-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 603032)
So do Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.

Greg Oden also says "h.." wait, nevermind.

Beasley was gonna say "hi" but instead says "let's get high".

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 01-22-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck (Post 603037)
Greg Oden also says "h.." wait, nevermind.

Beasley was gonna say "hi" but instead says "let's get high".

:haha:

Nicely done!

Alex 01-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someguy again (Post 603036)
because he got off to a bad start? that's what gives us the grounds to trade him?

Besides shot blocking he doesn't really contribute much. He's an good rebounder, and can't do much on the offensive end. I know, I know, 2nd year. But I don't see him becoming much.

Someguy again 01-22-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 603046)
Besides shot blocking he doesn't really contribute much. He's an good rebounder, and can't do much on the offensive end. I know, I know, 2nd year. But I don't see him becoming much.

im comfortable (especially in this no expectations season) to let ed davis grind it out until he's familiar with playing lots of minutes on a consistent basis for him to polish his personal and team skills. If dudes like DJ white and mullens look like good role players in charlotte because of the amount on minutes they're getting, i would do the same with special ed just because we cant throw away a top pick because of a disappointing start.

ha123 01-22-2012 02:43 PM

There are many players in this draft with all star potential. But superstar? No.

Windex 01-22-2012 02:51 PM

lets just say if Bradley Beal or Jeremy Lamb are taken I'm looking to trade DD for a SF or PG
because they are both better than him.

Gilchrist, Barnes and Miller are the big names at SF
Davis, Jones, Sullinger, Robinson and John Henson are all better than Ed. possibly Terrence Jones as well
Andre Drummond. athletic centre like McGee but bigger and smarter. best player in the draft since all star centers don't come around often.

carp 01-22-2012 03:03 PM

there is but it's very difficult to guess who at this point.

halphbreedballer 01-22-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 603019)
Derrick Rose says hi. ;)

Sorry I forgot about rose lol

halphbreedballer 01-22-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 603032)
So do Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.

Its tough to say because none of them have a ring...

carp 01-22-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halphbreedballer (Post 603062)
Its tough to say because none of them have a ring...

Neither do Lebron and Melo.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24