Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Is there a chance that the Raptors could get another Lottery Pick (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/there-chance-raptors-could-get-another-lottery-pick-22298.html)

Rizzy35 02-25-2012 07:50 PM

Is there a chance that the Raptors could get another Lottery Pick
 
Hey I was wondering if anyone thought that there was a chance that the Raps could trade to get another Lottery pick this year? maybe Jose Calderon?

Maybe Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to New Orleans for a 1st (Highly unlikely but this is one that came to mind)

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 02-25-2012 07:58 PM

Perry Jones III is more of a PF than a SF.

PS: He already plays for the Timberwolves :cookie:

jeffb 02-25-2012 08:02 PM

If we can draft MKG, then aquire a later pick and take Rivers i'd be thrilled.

carp 02-25-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzy35 (Post 619611)
Hey I was wondering if anyone thought that there was a chance that the Raps could trade to get another Lottery pick this year? maybe Jose Calderon?

Maybe Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to New Orleans for a 1st (Highly unlikely but this is one that came to mind)

Doubt NO needs to give up their pick for more salary.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 02-25-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 619621)
Doubt NO needs to give up their pick for more salary.

Yup, they are looking to shed salary, not add salary.

Also, DD for Milwaukee's pick.

carp 02-25-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 619626)
Yup, they are looking to shed salary, not add salary.

Also, DD for Milwaukee's pick.

problem is that Milwaukee has the talent to go on a run and that pick may not be as good so if you could get Delfino back too now you've got my vote!

DD/Ed for Pick/Delfino?

Obi-Wan Quinnobi 02-25-2012 10:53 PM

Trade calderon for a mid pick, pick up rivers.
Mold him into a PG, with the help of the signing of nash through the trade of barbosa, davis, 2nd rounder and bayless. Sign a backup SG
Our pick, get MKG or Barnes. Not davis the monobrow is to offputting....

Nash/rivers
DD/Backup
(barnes/MKG)/JJ
Bargs/Amir
JV/Grey

Solid playoff team with good young homegrown talent in bargs, DD, Rivers, Barnes or MKG and JV. Also Rivers learns from the best to work on his passing.
What do you guys think?

carp 02-25-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn (Post 619678)
Trade calderon for a mid pick, pick up rivers.
Mold him into a PG, with the help of the signing of nash through the trade of barbosa, davis, 2nd rounder and bayless. Sign a backup SG
Our pick, get MKG or Barnes. Not davis the monobrow is to offputting....

Nash/rivers
DD/Backup
(barnes/MKG)/JJ
Bargs/Amir
JV/Grey

Solid playoff team with good young homegrown talent in bargs, DD, Rivers, Barnes or MKG and JV. Also Rivers learns from the best to work on his passing.
What do you guys think?

Will take more to get Nash.

Obi-Wan Quinnobi 02-25-2012 11:09 PM

Replace 2nd rounder with 2013 1st ?

carp 02-25-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn (Post 619684)
Replace 2nd rounder with 2013 1st ?

well, I guess it depends if we're taking any salary back too..... which would be likely.

bigmandinky 02-25-2012 11:12 PM

Calderon to the Lakers for both their first rounders (they have Dallas's).

Obi-Wan Quinnobi 02-25-2012 11:15 PM

Yeah, plus barbosa probably would like to head back to pheonix, although his contract is HORRIBLE. So cash wuld have to be given back. But with the nash retiring soon, if i was pheonix i would take that. Cause rivers would only need nash for 1 and a bit years to learn. Also casey would improve his defence heaps!

carp 02-25-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn (Post 619693)
Yeah, plus barbosa probably would like to head back to pheonix, although his contract is HORRIBLE. So cash wuld have to be given back. But with the nash retiring soon, if i was pheonix i would take that. Cause rivers would only need nash for 1 and a bit years to learn. Also casey would improve his defence heaps!

Barbosa is an expiring.

Rizzy35 02-25-2012 11:17 PM

I love MKG Hes got one quality that I think the raptors really need. LEADERSHIP!!! But could you imagine if we could get another Lottery Pick finally get some Luck and maybe get two in the top 5 (Pipedream I know!!!)

jeffb 02-25-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzy35 (Post 619696)
I love MKG Hes got one quality that I think the raptors really need. LEADERSHIP!!! But could you imagine if we could get another Lottery Pick finally get some Luck and maybe get two in the top 5 (Pipedream I know!!!)

Realistically we likely won't get 1 top 5 pick. :haha:

Luck is exactly what we need.

Dark Knight 02-25-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 619698)
Realistically we likely won't get 1 top 5 pick. :haha:

Luck is exactly what we need.

Andrew Luck?

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/20...0502443025.jpg

rapsmannn 02-26-2012 06:55 AM

i want to trade our pick for a guy who has been in the league for a couple of years, obviously we would have to get a very good player to give up a lottery pick

steph curry is a guy that comes to mind, fits well with derozan and bargnani, also fits in the current age group

especially with the fact that the best player available when it comes time to select a pick for the raptors is most likely going to be a big

Shifty.py 02-26-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmandinky (Post 619688)
Calderon to the Lakers for both their first rounders (they have Dallas's).

This would be tempting if they didn't need to attach Artests or Waltons salary to make the deal work

Shifty.py 02-26-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn (Post 619693)
Yeah, plus barbosa probably would like to head back to pheonix, although his contract is HORRIBLE. So cash wuld have to be given back. But with the nash retiring soon, if i was pheonix i would take that. Cause rivers would only need nash for 1 and a bit years to learn. Also casey would improve his defence heaps!

Why would he want to go back? Nash is literally the only player left from that old Phoenix team. And he is expiring

Carlito 02-26-2012 11:04 AM

If we get first pick, Anothony Davis has to be the pick.
Getting MKG would be great if we get the chance .. This kid plays hard and is a winner. I won't be surprised if he continues to move up the draft ratings. He doesn't have all the physical tools, but you want this guy on your team.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24