Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   The tank is over...Raptors Confident Kyle Lowry Will Consider Re-Signing In Offseason (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/tank-over-raptors-confident-kyle-lowry-will-consider-re-signing-offseason-26320.html)

m5racer 01-09-2014 02:18 PM

The tank is over...Raptors Confident Kyle Lowry Will Consider Re-Signing In Offseason
 
Quote:

With the Toronto Raptors playing excellent basketball, they have pulled Kyle Lowry from trade conversations.

The Raptors' management is confident that they have a chance of signing Lowry long-term in the offseason.

The Raptors could readdress the situation if they fall in the standings before the deadline, but the front office remains confident.

“But that won’t happen,” said the source said confidently. “We’re winning this.”
Raptors Confident Kyle Lowry Will Consider Re Signing In Offseason - RealGM Wiretap

This kind of leads to what :mu: is thinking right now.....

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/a...k_1590414a.jpg

creative1mm 01-09-2014 02:25 PM

4-yrs 32mil

MBailey85 01-09-2014 02:45 PM

I love the way Lowry has been playing and considering a first round pick was exchanged for him he's essentially a franchise PG that the Raps drafted. With that being said,he's in a contract year so to me it's unclear how motivated he'll be moving forward after earning a big extension,especially if the team struggles again. Will he demand to be traded and chase a ring? If a trade presents itself I prefer the Raps execute it but if they believe they can keep him and at a reasonable price that's a good thing. They have a decent backcourt with KL+DD(who's already had nearly 60 different teammates during his 5 seasons in Toronto ) so maintaining some stability with the good chemistry on the roster is positive.

Bankiz 01-09-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creative1mm (Post 852760)
4-yrs 32mil

That would be a steal !

more likely it would be a 4yr/38-40M.

0nekhmer 01-09-2014 03:19 PM

He's come a long way since we first got him from Houston :)

creative1mm 01-09-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

That would be a steal !

more likely it would be a 4yr/38-40M.
fine.. 4 years 36 mil..

but it's not like all of a sudden he is better, he is in the rite system now.. Rudy screwed allot of players while he was here, guys weren't playing team ball because when ever they got a touch they knew they weren't going to get the ball back.

Lowry knows, it's him and Demar..

DanH 01-09-2014 03:30 PM

If he re-signs in the offseason, it will likely be for 5 years. So I could see a 5 yr, 44M contract.

DocHoliday99 01-09-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz (Post 852770)
I love the way Lowry has been playing and considering a first round pick was exchanged for him he's essentially a franchise PG that the Raps drafted. With that being said,he's in a contract year so to me it's unclear how motivated he'll be moving forward after earning a big extension,especially if the team struggles again. Will he demand to be traded and chase a ring? If a trade presents itself I prefer the Raps execute it but if they believe they can keep him and at a reasonable price that's a good thing. They have a decent backcourt with KL+DD(who's already had nearly 60 different teammates during his 5 seasons in Toronto ) so maintaining some stability with the good chemistry on the roster is positive.

C'mon now, if you have to ponder that sentiment then you must not have followed him very much. The fire you see now is the fire he has always shown- earning nicknames like pitbull or speed demon, etc - he's just learned to control his emotions more and use them to become a true leader on the court. The chemistry is off the hook - one of my fav parts of a win is watching and waiting for KL to sneak up on a team mate during an interview....you can see how they all like to be together and how they all have and know their roles.

DocHoliday99 01-09-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanH (Post 852786)
If he re-signs in the offseason, it will likely be for 5 years. So I could see a 5 yr, 44M contract.

Agreed, couldn't see anything less than 5 years.

scarfox 01-09-2014 03:48 PM

4 years 38 mil seems fair

halphbreedballer 01-09-2014 03:50 PM

Hmmmm MU must have spoken to Lowry about staying:mu:

TORaptor4Ever 01-09-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 852789)
C'mon now, if you have to ponder that sentiment then you must not have followed him very much. The fire you see now is the fire he has always shown- earning nicknames like pitbull or speed demon, etc - he's just learned to control his emotions more and use them to become a true leader on the court. The chemistry is off the hook - one of my fav parts of a win is watching and waiting for KL to sneak up on a team mate during an interview....you can see how they all like to be together and how they all have and know their roles.

Agreed. I think that if this team continues to play well and finishes strong (with a good showing in the playoffs) Kyle will be motivated to sign.... provided that we don't low ball him with the new contract offer. Here he's the unquestioned leader of the team, the undisputed starting PG and he seems to have a good relationship with his coach and his teammates. Although I still worry about a team like DET who might be able to offer more money I think we're in the lead at this point.

*fingers crossed*

Apologies to Team Tank. :mu:

jeffb 01-09-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 852799)
Agreed. I think that if this team continues to play well and finishes strong (with a good showing in the playoffs) Kyle will be motivated to sign.... provided that we don't low ball him with the new contract offer. Here he's the unquestioned leader of the team, the undisputed starting PG and he seems to have a good relationship with his coach and his teammates. Although I still worry about a team like DET who might be able to offer more money I think we're in the lead at this point.

*fingers crossed*

Apologies to Team Tank. :mu:

Detroit? Fuck, they have Jennings at almost 8mil/yr.

TORaptor4Ever 01-09-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 852805)
Detroit? Fuck, they have Jennings at almost 8mil/yr.

Maybe they move him? Or look to play 2 PGs together and have Jennings play more of the 2?

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 01-09-2014 04:06 PM

Detroit won't go after Lowry unless they unload Jennings. Dumars is dumb but Lowry and Jennings in a backcourt - he's not that dumb.

jeffb 01-09-2014 04:06 PM

Makes me wonder what MU will do in the next month before the trade deadline.

jeffb 01-09-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 852809)
Detroit won't go after Lowry unless they unload Jennings. Dumars is dumb but Lowry and Jennings in a backcourt - he's not that dumb.

He was dumb enough to think Gordon/CV was going to be a good wing tandum

TORaptor4Ever 01-09-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 852809)
Detroit won't go after Lowry unless they unload Jennings. Dumars is dumb but Lowry and Jennings in a backcourt - he's not that dumb.

DET needs a mature lead guard who can run the offense and be a threat from the perimeter.... WITHOUT getting carried away and chucking.

Lowry would be that guy. If I were Dumars though I'd honestly be trying to talk to NYK or LAL about taking Smith off their hands for an expiring Pau or Melo. That's a mistake that needs to be corrected. A bigger one than Jennings IMO.

LX 01-09-2014 04:11 PM

I really like how Masai pushes buttons to get the most out of guys, and to get some level of commitment. He handles the business side responsibly and shows his hand, but never loses sight of what the game is all about, and he likely is able to communicate the later very clearly even while considering the business side. Even in this we hear about how trade talks could start up again if the team slides. You get a real sense of a collective responsibility for the future well-being of the team, and that has to be a good motivation as well as a positive environment within which to consider pursuing a career.

It often just comes down to money, but at the same time there is not often the kind of opportunity to play within what looks like an organisation that can have sustained success and stability which you will have a big part in controlling and ensuring.

'trane 01-09-2014 04:15 PM

great news. if he has given the raps brass some indication that a deal is possible it takes a lot of pressure off and we can all sit back and enjoy this with less uncertainty. i just hope that he has given that indication and this isn't just posturing.... (and that we don't grossly overpay)...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24